No Guard Wife - Ch. 140

Dex-chan lover
What hip surgery? You think he would be sitting on the bed like that if he had got a fractured hip, huh? With how lively he is, he has absolutely nothing going on but something toward his foot. He did say leg, the cast is where it is, so it ought to be either fibula or tibia. Although that being said, it could be foot bones and he just wasn't so precise with his words.

Sorry, but I won't take your word for Japan keeping people utterly unnecessarily lying in hospitals. Who would even want to be there if they have got a decent home waiting for them? With Juri around, Kouki doesn't even need Japan's famous night shift nurses, haha.
The hip surgery study was the first one I found, but the point remains: the USA kicks people out as early as they can, Japan keeps them longer in the hospital. Just because in your country it wouldn't be normal doesn't mean that it can't be like that in Japan.

Supporter
She only left home after she got married, but didn’t she get married in her mid twenties while working an office job? Not judging, but just wondering if the author thought about that since it seems he didn’t think very hard about a broken leg from a minor traffic incident leaving you in the hospital for a month.
Presumably she was working the office job while living with her parents. That's not uncommon in many parts of the world.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the month long stay for a broken leg is that uncommon in Japan. It's like, the fourth time I've seen this used as a plot point.

Granted, the others were netorare hentais.

Supporter
Looked it up (2015 article), and while it isn't specific to leg breaks, a 2009 study said that Japan's average hospital stay was ~150% more than the UK (17.2d vs 7d). But a said that at least one hospital started testing out more Western style after care starting in 2006 and got that down from 17 to 5 (for knee or hip replacement), overall 8.6 general average to 5.2. Article

So, unless the dude's leg was shredded or splintered instead of broken, even a remotely normal broken leg in Japan wouldn't be a month. Maybe ~2 weeks if still an older style of care hospital.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, he wouldn't be there for a month. A YTuber who works in Japan broke her leg and she was out in a few days with a wheelchair. No way he would be there for a month.

Users who are viewing this thread