No Home - Ch. 237 - Haejoon Goh's Home (3)

Power Uploader
One of the reasons I found the heated discussion in the comments to last chapter unnerving is that we had too little info to be choosing a hill to die on, and I trusted Wanan to give us elements to decide whether Haejoon's father, mother, both, or none are to blame for the lack of contact all these years.

I'm not disappointed. This chapter has begun revealing more information. For example, that Haejoon's mother may have been too stubborn about raising Haejoon on her own. Then again, we know her ESP caused social stigma and that may have caused her to be like that (and even been a reason for the divorce?).

Conversely, Gyungho's business card has two pieces of information: one, that by being a lead engineer, he may be the brains Haejoon's taken after; and two, if he's in such a job at this point, are we sure he was in such dire straits all this time to not be able to even try to find his son? I don't know. We'll find out. My judgement remains suspended.

And then, I'll count it a plus to Gyungho that he isn't forcing himself on his son. He's asking for permission for each step he takes to rebuild the ties. He's waiting for reciprocity. I can appreciate that, it's not too different from the uncle. It may turn out that his estrangement was caused by his selfishness or lack of parental concern etc., but I'll remain open to whatever outcome. And even if he was neglectful, that doesn't make him a moral monster like Eunyung's parents, just a man who made a big mistake and might have to regret it the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm really happy it's looking like Haejoon's Dad is a good person. He deserves to have a trustworthy adult he can rely on. It's really sad though it's looking like he's gonna find out some "bad" things about his mom, because his good memories of her was what kept him sane during this treacherous time.
Though, it's really interesting how much his perspective of his mother changed with her death. Since in the first chapter (or whatever chapter we learned she died) we know they had a pretty strained relationship, Haejoon even going as far to run away. His perspective of her did a complete 180 (makes sense though, since he sees her death as his fault). I wonder if getting to know his dad, and maybe learning more about his mother will take those nostalgia/guilt/grief glasses and he'll finally get to see the true version of his mom.

Dex-chan lover
One of the reasons I found the heated discussion in the comments to last chapter unnerving is that we had too little info to be choosing a hill to die on, and I trusted Wanan to give us elements to decide whether Haejoon's father, mother, both, or none are to blame for the lack of contact all these years.

I'm not disappointed. This chapter has begun revealing more information. For example, that Haejoon's mother may have been too stubborn about raising Haejoon on her own. Then again, we know her ESP caused social stigma and that may have caused her to be like that (and even been a reason for the divorce?).

Conversely, Gyungho's business card has two pieces of information: one, that by being a lead engineer, he may be the brains Haejoon's taken after; and two, if he's in such a job at this point, are we sure he was in such dire straits all this time to not be able to even try to find his son? I don't know. We'll find out. My judgement remains suspended.

And then, I'll count it a plus to Gyungho that he isn't forcing himself on his son. He's asking for permission for each step he takes to rebuild the ties. He's waiting for reciprocity. I can appreciate that, it's not too different from the uncle. It may turn out that his estrangement was caused by his selfishness or lack of parental concern etc., but I'll remain open to whatever outcome. And even if he was neglectful, that doesn't make him a moral monster like Eunyung's parents, just a man who made a big mistake and might have to regret it the rest of his life.

I mean... As the person who was half of the discussion in the previous chapter...

My literal statement was that we don't know yet. I said the father could be good and gave excuses for why he didn't reach out before. I also explicitly said those were guesses and excuses and that I could be wrong and that we simply don't have enough information.

I'm struggling with the fact that you called the discussion last chapter "unnerving" when...I literally had the same position as you.

---

Anyways, I honestly forgot that the mom said he didn't have an uncle too. Legitimately just did not remember that, and I thought that was interesting.

Power Uploader
I'm struggling with the fact that you called the discussion last chapter "unnerving" when...I literally had the same position as you.

First… not being a native speaker, it appears I misinterpreted the meaning of "unnerving". I should have said something like "baffling".

What baffled me wasn't your position, but the passion with which you chose to argue for the side opposite the other party's. It's just very alien to my temperament: my first reaction to one party arguing for one side when I'm not settled on either would be to not say anything; my second, to say "maybe you're right, I dunno".

Not saying it was wrong of you, of course. What you choose to do with your free time is your business only. I was just that, baffled.

Users who are viewing this thread