No Home - Ch. 238 - Haejoon Goh's Home (4)

Dex-chan lover
My guess is he got remarried but idk~
At first, I thought you meant the uncle was getting remarried, and I was really confused because I didn't recall the story ever saying he was previously married. Then I realized that you meant the father.

Hmm... I am still reading this in terms of the series apparently ending, so... I don't think that would happen. That seems unlikely.

---

You know what would be hilarious? If the uncle tells Haejoon that he needs an organ transplant.

Anyways,thank you for translating the chapter, Whatafruit!

I have a hate-love relationship with the character of Eunyung. I think I can see what he’s trying to pull here, he is kinda jealous.

I mean, at the beginning they were both miserable but now Haejoon seems to have move on from the past and Eunyung keeps getting drag back to it. My poor child Eunyung just want to be happy and improve himself but keep having difficulties in doing so and his mindset is not helping him. On the contrary, it’s self-destructing all the efforts he has been making.

Eunyung, I hate you because you’re acting selfish again. However, I’d begging for a good ending for you.

“It’s not the end of the story.”— Conan Grey.

Dex-chan lover
I have a hate-love relationship with the character of Eunyung. I think I can see what he’s trying to pull here, he is kinda jealous.

I mean, at the beginning they were both miserable but now Haejoon seems to have move on from the past and Eunyung keeps getting drag back to it. My poor child Eunyung just want to be happy and improve himself but keep having difficulties in doing so and his mindset is not helping him. On the contrary, it’s self-destructing all the efforts he has been making.

Eunyung, I hate you because you’re acting selfish again. However, I’d begging for a good ending for you.

“It’s not the end of the story.”— Conan Grey.
I viewed it more as cynicism arising from Eunyung's situation with his own parents more than jealousy. The whole dad-reappearance thing seems a little fishy to me, but the author does a really good job of keeping it ambiguous.

Group Leader
Yeah I feel it's money too, he didn't even checked Haejoon's financial situation and just treated him with a meal? I would've given Haejoon some allowance even if he doesn't need it so he can at least redeem himself as an absent father.

this arc is giving me a stomach ache something is just ...off

anyways its pretty obvious that Eunyung doesn't want Haejoon to have a good relationship with his father, I assume its because he wants them to be similar, just like in the thanksgiving arc but reversed. I dont think he's jealous but just lonely. If Haejoon has a happy family, he and eunyung won't be similar anymore and thats super depressing.

Power Uploader
The alternative reading to the events so far is that Eunyung is right this time. He was wrong in the case of the uncle, and the way these things go in comics is that the first time throws readers off so they'll be surprised again the second time.

If we think about it, the situations are diametrically opposite. There were reasons to be distrustful of the uncle, and now everything seems to point to the dad being nice. Doesn't it stand to reason that just like last time the big reveal was that the uncle was good, this time it will be that the dad isn't?

If I were to squint long and hard at the chapter, I'd say that the dad wasn't very nice reminiscing about a bad memory involving the mother right away the moment he meets Haejoon for lunch. Even if he was disappointed in her, she's dead and he ought to be tactful around the son she raised.

My particular bet is that he isn't bad, or after Haejoon's money, or anything dramatic like Eunyung's suggesting, but it will turn out that he and Haejoon will have differences in views and opinions and won't get along in the end. Then again, I may be wrong, and the fact that Haejoon's asked his uncle whether there's something he wants to tell him may be what settles the issue come next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Why the fuck are you shit talking the mother of your kid right in front of him when she died 2 years ago. "Two years is a long time-" HE'S A KID! THAT'S A THING THAT STICKS WITH YOU EVEN IF HE DIDN'T WATCH HER DIE IN FRONT OF HIM!

If Haejoon and Eunyung weren't not-friends-friends his comments wouldn't be that big of a deal, but because they're relationship is weird whatever Eunyung says is taken negatively. I probably would've chuckled if my friend said "I don't see him as my dad" too, even if it makes sense in context its a funny thing to say.

I won't deny Eunyung's being a bit of a cynic here, but I don't think he's trying to "pull" anything. He's just worried for Haejoon and doesn't want him to be betrayed by an adult. Eunyung's side story also mirrors Haejoons, so I won't be surprised if
1. Guy who keeps pestering Eunyung does some fucked shit, now Eunyung becomes hyper vigilant in "protecting" Haejoon
2. Eunyung becomes comfortable/self assured in the fact that he's changed himself, and ends up viewing Haejoon's dad in a similar light

Juwan-and I mean this in the nicest, sweetest way possible-should marry Haejoon. Juwan has consistently even in his worst been a great person to his friends I love them together so much Juwan thank you for supporting our boy

Users who are viewing this thread