No Home - Ch. 267 - Goodbye, Home. (8)

Dex-chan lover
okay so it seems we get another flashback before we end... will haejoon be able to wake up in time for his exam?! im getting worried 😂

or maybe he won't wake up and he'll have to wait another year for so that both him and eunyung graduate highschool the same time?

Ah, all this time I've been hoping for haejoon to heal, when suddenly Eunyung was the one to do that first. I had to hold myself back from screenshot every single panel 😔. I loved the flashback part so much, reminding us of how no home has progressed after all this time. Ah, the sadness

my first comment on this webtoon because this chapter officially made me break.. it's the first chapter i waited for ever since i binge read the first 266 chapters... oh my lovely haejoon... my eunyung too IM GONNA BE SICKKKKKKK PLS GIVE MY CHILDREN THE HAPPINESS THEY DESERVE

Aggregator gang
Can u spoil the last 2 chapter for me I cbf waiting 2 weeks
I'll advise you to wait and read the thing when it's released, but here's the brief spoiler of the last 2 chapters:
We get to see a flashback of little Haejoon talking to his mom about his granny. His mom says she misses her a lot and cries, but reassures him that she is invincible for him now. They hug each other, and his mom says, but Haejoon, everyone sometimes face something in their lives so hard, and it can be so sad you cannot endure it. "Everyone?", "Yes, erveryone." Baby Haejoon gets emotional and asks if his mom is going to die and if she can live until they can die together. His mom says no, and baby Haejoon becomes depressed, asking what he can do to overcome it. His mom then said, you can't. Grief is something you can't overcome. You will change, your world will change. So, if you miss me, cry and be sad. Big Haejoon then says, 'You were right, Mom,' as she hugs him dearly and asks him to do everything with her. Then it cuts to the real world, where Haejoon is lying on his bed, tears filling his face. His uncle is sleeping next to him, and Eunyung has gone home. The last chapter, though, is really heartwarming, with Eunyung saying goodbye to Haejoon in the way he said he and his mom used to do all the time. The end.

Aggregator gang
the fact that no matter how much they fought, both eunyung and haejoon are fond of each other. in their mind, the thing that replays is their moments. they are friends, but they're also more than that and somehow less than that. they're two suffering high schoolers who are forced by the narrative to be around each other. they find comfort and hostility within each other. yet, they both understand each other in a way that no one else can.

and i believe thats why there's so much of them here and not anyone else from the cast to really speak to haejoon in the hospital. in their own fucked up ways and non-communication of their real feelings, they find a home in each other. especially eunyung. not only is he fond of haejoon, but i do genuinely believe that he looks up to haejoon as a figure in his life. so i love that eunyung gets to tell haejoon this, even if no one else is around and haejoon is in a coma. once again, while everyone else midsunderstands them, it's the audience that gets to see who eunyung really is

okay so it seems we get another flashback before we end... will haejoon be able to wake up in time for his exam?! im getting worried 😂

or maybe he won't wake up and he'll have to wait another year for so that both him and eunyung graduate highschool the same time?
i could be misunderstanding but i thought he already took the exam earlier? and that the joke was he’s still so scared of an exam he’s passed lol

This chapter had me by the THROAT I typed Eunyung's entire monologue (attaching it below for those who are insane like me). Ironic how Eunyung and Haejoon have found a companion in one another at a time in their lives when they had no one at all. They didn't just build an entire support system around them since - they found a home, too.

Eunyung's monologue:
At the end of the day, I think about that dorm. I think about going back and washing up... and eating dinner... and sleeping... I think about things like that. Now, whenever I'm even a little tired, I only think about going back there.

It's funny, isn't it? Back then, that house was somewhere I had no choice but to go back to. Even though it used to be like that... if it wasn't for you, that house would never have become a comfortable place for me.

Now, even after you graduate, I'm sure I'll feel confortable going back to that dorm. I'll go back and make food, wash up, and lay down on my bed.

If someone else does what my old friends did and leave me to go to a better place and be successful, I'm gonna send them off with a smile. I can do that now. That's what I'm most thankful to you for. So I want you to go to a better place now, too.

Dex-chan lover
i could be misunderstanding but i thought he already took the exam earlier? and that the joke was he’s still so scared of an exam he’s passed lol
Oh I thought it was the (actual) college entrance exam Eunyung was scaring him about to wake him up, but ngl small details like that escape me. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread