Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Btw, I'm wondering if the "It will get worse" at the end it's just you guy's slogan or if you guys are trying to send us a message about any future development in the story. :worry:

If it’s a slogan maybe it’s referring to this? Although if so this is the only video where he says “it will,” it varies to things like “it’s gonna get worse” and “it gets worse”

Dex-chan lover
Is that really a phrasing used in Japan? "Saving energy". "Conserving energy". That kind of thing. I've seen it in a couple of manga series.

That's not a [common] English phrase. It would be much more common to say "take it easy" or "don't get too stressed about things" or something like that. It's a very unusual thing to specifically evoke the word "energy" for these situations.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting premise but yeah, let's see if they'll only stay as friends.

Also damn, the dude has a really... detached(?) view of relationship as a whole. No wonder the girl said that he looks very assexual. :kek:

Btw, I'm wondering if the "It will get worse" at the end it's just you guy's slogan or if you guys are trying to send us a message about any future development in the story. :worry:
No worry, they meant their credit page will get even cringier

Dex-chan lover
A blunt and a intrusive thoughts speaker are friends huh. Pretty weird for a platonic relationship

Fed-Kun's army
How much until we add the romance tag?
Overall, I like the art, looking forward for more!

At best, we are looking forward to a second "Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai"

Dex-chan lover
Nothing wrong with helping others or listening to their problems. But if you tell me THAT, like I'm some kind of bacteria no thanks. I think there is no worse insult, and I mean it goes for both genders. Also he looks completely VOID, not human at all. No reaction to whatever she's saying.

Dex-chan lover
"I just don't see you as a man"

In any conversation, this would be a showstopper but not here it seems. You really need to be pretty apathetic to not react to this kind of declaration.

Then to add insult to injury comes "genderless"

He doesn't seem the type who complains or shares details of his daily life either. I don't see why would he accept this other then "manga logic" tbh.
I'm going to be 100% real I'd agree most of the time, it would be insulting for anyone (who cares about their image to others at least?) to be told that you can't be viewed as your gender or sexually, but I just straight up don't buy that she meant it. Maybe it's just the translation making it more vague, or maybe it's just the mangaka being unclear in general, but she seemed genuinely interested in the dude the whole time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to be 100% real I'd agree most of the time, it would be insulting for anyone (who cares about their image to others at least?) to be told that you can't be viewed as your gender or sexually, but I just straight up don't buy that she meant it. Maybe it's just the translation making it more vague, or maybe it's just the mangaka being unclear in general, but she seemed genuinely interested in the dude the whole time.
I would agree if she wasn't being portrait as kinda naive and straight forward. She seems like she lacks the filter between the brain and the mouth so i'm %100 sure she legit thinks what she says. And that's what makes it very (i mean VERY) rude.

Dex-chan lover
Friend.
They start as a friend.
Just friend.
Right?? RIGHT!?

I mean, they're just friend. What could go wrong with just friend??

Dex-chan lover
Is that really a phrasing used in Japan? "Saving energy". "Conserving energy". That kind of thing. I've seen it in a couple of manga series.

That's not a [common] English phrase. It would be much more common to say "take it easy" or "don't get too stressed about things" or something like that. It's a very unusual thing to specifically evoke the word "energy" for these situations.
There is a phrase like this in English, although I don't believe this translates 1 to 1. In introverted circles there is such a thing as a social battery IE: How long you are able to be around people without your brain or emotional state shutting down or turning sour. It's a way to measure someone's enjoyment of a situation before they mentally check out, but there are additional circumstances that push for an "energy saving mode"; which leads to whether or not you emotionally enjoy being around that person which leads to your social battery never actually going down.

I'm f*ing sure at the end of the story they will end up being a couple. Or soul mate.

Group Leader
let's kiss, as friends
let's have sex, as friends
let's get married in a church, as friends
let's have kids, as friends

but I agree with this sentiment in general

and I doubt it will go down this way here
There's no romance tag. So I think the author wants this to be purely about friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread