Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Noa-Senpai and the Sleepover

Supporter
She's super cute. Even in the midst of her bipolar mood swings she's just adorable.

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be honest, forcing your friend to play stuff when they don't want to, and taking photos with no consent is just straight-up crappy behavior
But Noa-san is "acting cute / menhera / etc etc" so it'll be treated as completely fine

I view this as a low stakes, "read when I'm bored" kinda manga for me, so this is ultimately not a big a deal in the grand scheme of things though

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be honest, forcing your friend to play stuff when they don't want to, and taking photos with no consent is just straight-up crappy behavior
But Noa-san is "acting cute / menhera / etc etc" so it'll be treated as completely fine

I view this as a low stakes, "read when I'm bored" kinda manga for me, so this is ultimately not a big a deal in the grand scheme of things though
I mean that just romance manga in a nutshell, there's a billion things that would be red flag or whatever but works because it's manga, of course the tolerance people have towards this varies a lot, for me anything that's not an actual Yandere murdering people is fair game lol

Dex-chan lover
image-2024-03-15-160048527.png

as you command

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping he'd go for her there and there. Just to really upend their dynamic a bit 🤭

Dex-chan lover
The credit page reminds me I have to go back and catch up with the Supermarket manga. There was a site where the TLs were still being updated, does anyone have a link?

Dex-chan lover
I mean that just romance manga in a nutshell
Romance fiction in a nutshell. This is still a bit more than usual, but far from how far some stories take it. The most common red flag is probably consent in various forms. Most of the time that's just assumed as part of the genre and how the characters will feel about it after the fact.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the manga passes any judgement of Noa other than that of Rihito, and as it stands, he's willing to tolerate her behaviour. We're not told that she's "acting cute", that would be ours the readers' opinion on her actions.
I view this as a low stakes, "read when I'm bored" kinda manga for me
I actually like this manga a lot, and I don't see Noa being a horrible friend as a detriment to this manga's writing

Dex-chan lover
that would be ours the readers' opinion on her actions.
Correct
The overall point I was making is that the author has that scene in this chapter, and similar scenes in other chapters, is ultimately to have "antics" for the readers to ... well read
You can see the general opinion from comments here or comments on reddit for this chapter, or other chapters--
People are fine with it (or relatively fine), and it doesn't trouble them. Not that it really should either
"Low stakes" after all

In this instance, it bugged me enough that I chose to comment about it
I'm not a frequent poster, and the nature of this (platonic faux-romcom?) story has made it fairly clear to me that it doesn't really plan to deep dive into character growth, or having consequences for poor decisions, etc.
To make this short, it has not grabbed me. And to be absolutely fair, I do not expect it to, nor does it need to be compelling. I don't view it as a negative, if that makes sense to you.
I actually like this manga a lot
All the more power to you. The beauty of manga is that we all have our own takeaways from what we read, and we all have the ability to comment our thoughts in places like here if we choose.

If your takeaway from my post is that I think of this manga negatively, please know that was not my intention.

That being said, I stand by my initial position: it's crappy to do stuff to your friends without their consent, and also when they ask you to stop too.
Especially with stuff like taking photos

Dex-chan lover
Had this been any other series or a doujin, guarantee fuck right there lmao

Users who are viewing this thread