Nokori Ichinichi de Hametsu Flag Zenbu Heshiorimasu: Zamaa RTA Kiroku 24Hr - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Late Night Thoughts

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, that end bit about the angst of being reincarnated has ALMOST FUCKING NEVER been explored in isekai stories.

I love listening to music constantly. I really enjoy having media at hand. I really enjoy reading (manga, WN/LNs, regular books both fiction and non-fiction and historical especially). I can go and take a bath whenever I want. Fresh, clean water is on tap and is basically unlimited. I don't freeze at night or boil at night thanks to modern central heating and cooling. I don't have to go out and hunt down animals myself and can pay someone else to do that and preserve them by freezing it. I can order things from all across the world if I so desire to.

Think about it: 700 years ago, the king of an Empire would fucking kill - quite literally - to live with the conveniences we have today. And you're going back to no running water (and if it is it's definitely not potable), no heating/air conditioning, no electronics, no internet. Because electricity hasn't been invented yet. All the media you look forward to? You'll never see it again.

The only other isekai that I think actually touches on this somewhat, albeit unwittingly for the most part, is Smartphone Isekai where it shows just how useful and convenient modern tools and technology and knowledge is. Everything is available if you search for it. You could be the most uneducated person on the planet and so long as you can read and can dedicate yourself to it you can educate yourself, learn and practice just about anything.

...And most people use this technology to... look at cat videos. And they are actually, legitimately, baffled that almost all of humanity's knowledge is on this technology if you look hard enough. (Although my god, do I wish some of the more esoteric stuff I'm interested in be a little bit easier to find.)
Don't forget toilets and TP, I feel like alot of isekai'd people would actually get dysentery and/or other bacterial and/or infections just from the fact their bodies are not built for such a time period/tech level.

Fed-Kun's army
Don't forget toilets and TP, I feel like alot of isekai'd people would actually get dysentery and/or other bacterial and/or infections just from the fact their bodies are not built for such a time period/tech level.
It's the other way around we are killing machines walking with an insufferable amount of diseases that are resistant to almost anything that people could have, in the 18th century let's say, we have to be thankful that truck kun kills the body and sends the soul because if you go with a body and don't get absolutely purged you are gonna be patient 0 of a disease like the black death on turbo.
Just because of evolution we should have some decent defenses against viral infections, on the bacteria side, sure we might die, but if you ask me I still think we could delete a city just by breathing out air. also i love me some hyperbole :D

Fed-Kun's army
That was the whole concept of the TV series "24": 24 episodes per season, each episode supposedly in real time (and taking into account US advertisements). So, not surprising you can squeeze that much events in 24 hours. ;)
@Marshewmellow Also also take into account that Akagi's "Washizu arc" lasted what? 35 years of monthly publications, and it was a single night of mahjong, I'm pretty sure there is a timeline explaining how the world changed since Akagi went into the house to play and the inventions that revolutionized the world in that night

Aggregator gang

Actually a reincarnated person from the modern era would be a bit better protected. Considering most developed nations have vaccination programs. Measles, Whooping cough, diphtheria and tetanus are some examples of diseases that used to be common around here before the vaccination programs. So an isekaied person would be protected against those. (for a time)

Dysentery, no toilet paper and the crappy hygiene standards would definitely suck especially on the long term.

Double-page supporter
@Marshewmellow Also also take into account that Akagi's "Washizu arc" lasted what? 35 years of monthly publications, and it was a single night of mahjong, I'm pretty sure there is a timeline explaining how the world changed since Akagi went into the house to play and the inventions that revolutionized the world in that night
20 years, from 1997 to 2017. The manga lasted for 27 years ^^
Though Akagi was more about stretching a story instead of relatively believably putting a packed and densely crafted one into a short amount of time :p

Dex-chan lover
20 years, from 1997 to 2017. The manga lasted for 27 years ^^
Though Akagi was more about stretching a story instead of relatively believably putting a packed and densely crafted one into a short amount of time :p
Alot of those older manga are like that, just look at stuff like Ranma 1/2 400 chapters and it ends so sloppily with nothing closed cause it wheel spun too much. A man can dream for good pacing the entire time I suppose lol

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Ovnidemon @kleoshka
the heroines childhood friend, who has a twisted love/hate for the heroine
"That's terrible. We introduced ourselves to each other when we first met."

"...! Then why don't you say it again?"

"Well, before you do that, tell me again who Lucia is."

"Ah, I'm Lucia, the baron’s daughter."

"No, you're not."

"What?"

Lucia is the baron’s daughter? Half right, half wrong. Because Lucia also said that she is a reincarnated person.

The knowledge and personality of her previous life smeared over the consciousness of the girl who had been Baron's daughter Lucia until then, and hijacked it. The baron's daughter Lucia and the reincarnated person fused and were selected as the heroine.

That is Lucia.

“Because, does Lucia recognize that she was originally ‘a baron’s daughter Lucia’?”

"Well, that's..."

No, she does not.

For Lucia, her current life is nothing more than an extension of her previous life. And it is only after she wakes up with a high fever that she is connected to her previous life. It's nothing more than a record, nothing more than the footsteps of a complete stranger…the memory before then is that to Lucia.

"The heroine can be anything the player chooses. She can be a mother, a sister, a queen, a saint, a witch. Whatever the capture target wants her to be. Isn't that what Lucia said?"

"So what?"

"That's why I became Lucia's childhood friend, the one who would never leave her side, the one who would help her as she wished."

"....... What?"

Now, remember. When was the last time I appeared? It was after you had recovered from your fever, wasn't it? And I only appeared to Lucia, right? Did Alfonso and the others recognize me? I followed, cajoled, encouraged, and supported Lucia all the way. Yes, because I ......

"That's a lie."

"I wanted it. I wanted the 'me' that wasn't me. I wanted Lucia, who knew she was dazzling, and was always trying to make a wonderful dream come true."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

"Alfonso and the others are gone. I have only Lucia. Lucia has only me. Why would you want to change such a happy moment?"

Lucia finally understood exactly who I was in front of her. I understood. She understood.

I had the same face, the same build, the same voice.

And the same belly, swollen with the crown prince's and Lucia's child.

"I am the heroine of ‘my’ story."

I am me.

"Nooooo!"

Lucia exclaimed. She realized that she had been denied everything, that she had lost hope, and that there was no way to recover.

Looking at Lucia like that, I smiled and stood up and headed for the door. Just then there was a knock on the door, so I answered and opened it.. In the hallway was an elderly nun. She takes one look at me and the room, checks that the bedding is folded and that I am presentable. She smiled with satisfaction and lightly nodded her head. I bow at the same time.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Lucia-san. Have you done your morning prayers?"

I nod to her.

"Very well. Then let's head out to make breakfast.""

"Yes, ma’am."

The elderly nun went to the next room and knocked on the door in the same way.

With this scene of daily life in the corner of my eye, I closed the door to my empty room.

I am Lucia, but I am not Lucia.

Because when I developed a high fever, Lucia, the reincarnated Lucia, took control of my body. The only time I could regain my freedom was when I was unconscious, such as during sleep.

In this situation, I wrote letters to those who had influenced the characters in [Doki Ede], trying to find a way to separate me from Alfonso and the others. It seems that Gerard, the third prince, was the most affected by my advice.

But I did not expect him to change so much.

I also remember that the queen was quick to give up on Alfonso and Lucia, as if my advice had had an effect on her.

Well, the process is not important.

Lu~ci~a~.

The important thing is that now that [Doki Ede] is over, I have regained control as the baron’s daughter Lucia, and now I'm the only one left.

Even if she had tried to escape while I was sleeping, she would not be able to do so in this environment.

This is the only personal space I am allowed, the place where I can meet Lucia.

I smile and nudge the door gently, lovingly.

"See you tonight, Lucia."

This is how my, the real Lucia's, day begins.

I am very happy with my life.

Because I conquered Lucia, the person I love the most.
If you want more spoilers
https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...aining-day-well-rta-record-24hr.141425/page-3
All spoilers I got from here.

Dex-chan lover
Actually a reincarnated person from the modern era would be a bit better protected. Considering most developed nations have vaccination programs. Measles, Whooping cough, diphtheria and tetanus are some examples of diseases that used to be common around here before the vaccination programs. So an isekaied person would be protected against those. (for a time)

Dysentery, no toilet paper and the crappy hygiene standards would definitely suck especially on the long term.
Even though that would suck they would still be better positioned simply by knowing what causes Dysentery Cholera etc. discovering the fact that it is waterborne was a major step to controlling then eradicating it. Also the 18th century tech surrounding hygiene is only slightly below Victorian and as a noble you could easily commission indoor plumbing and use fashion trends to improve hygiene.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It'd be kind of funny if it turns out everything would've been solved by the intervention of the royal family / everyone else who's also receiving these mysterious letters.

Dex-chan lover
I love how in all these series the crown prince is always too retarded to somehow fall for a honey trap and somehow not know she's doing it to many other nobels especially when the rumours are doing the rounds. While I like the premise for this series, in reality 24hrs to fix and organise all this is just unfeasable.
A 24 hour run was an amusing premise, good for a story but requiring some suspension of disbelief for sure.

But now it's also revealed that someone has been setting the stage for her for at least a year, that does open more door for her, no?

Dex-chan lover
Wait so I know in game everyone abandoned her but it looks like in real life her family at least cares for her and wouldn't abandon her, minus the sister. And the other royals are also on her side, some bullying cant be a reason to dissolve a royal engagement completely when everyone knows the other girl is seducing all the other noble boys around her? Plus they said the other noble ladies don't like potato girl so how do the royals plan on keeping the nobles support if all the daughters finance or potential bachelors have been stolen away in that terrible worship potato ending?

Dex-chan lover
Wait so I know in game everyone abandoned her but it looks like in real life her family at least cares for her and wouldn't abandon her, minus the sister. And the other royals are also on her side, some bullying cant be a reason to dissolve a royal engagement completely when everyone knows the other girl is seducing all the other noble boys around her? Plus they said the other noble ladies don't like potato girl so how do the royals plan on keeping the nobles support if all the daughters finance or potential bachelors have been stolen away in that terrible worship potato ending?
It's all stupid writing, it's a trend in these kinds of stories. You have to pretend everyone has an IQ in single digits for it all to work.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, that end bit about the angst of being reincarnated has ALMOST FUCKING NEVER been explored in isekai stories.

I love listening to music constantly. I really enjoy having media at hand. I really enjoy reading (manga, WN/LNs, regular books both fiction and non-fiction and historical especially). I can go and take a bath whenever I want. Fresh, clean water is on tap and is basically unlimited. I don't freeze at night or boil at night thanks to modern central heating and cooling. I don't have to go out and hunt down animals myself and can pay someone else to do that and preserve them by freezing it. I can order things from all across the world if I so desire to.

Think about it: 700 years ago, the king of an Empire would fucking kill - quite literally - to live with the conveniences we have today. And you're going back to no running water (and if it is it's definitely not potable), no heating/air conditioning, no electronics, no internet. Because electricity hasn't been invented yet. All the media you look forward to? You'll never see it again.

The only other isekai that I think actually touches on this somewhat, albeit unwittingly for the most part, is Smartphone Isekai where it shows just how useful and convenient modern tools and technology and knowledge is. Everything is available if you search for it. You could be the most uneducated person on the planet and so long as you can read and can dedicate yourself to it you can educate yourself, learn and practice just about anything.

...And most people use this technology to... look at cat videos. And they are actually, legitimately, baffled that almost all of humanity's knowledge is on this technology if you look hard enough. (Although my god, do I wish some of the more esoteric stuff I'm interested in be a little bit easier to find.)
Cat videos are important too :3

Users who are viewing this thread