Nokori Ichinichi de Hametsu Flag Zenbu Heshiorimasu: Zamaa RTA Kiroku 24Hr - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Night of the Fixers

Aggregator gang
Ahh, few more succesful steps have been done towards her path of carnage.

Fun detail about the prince and the "heroine" lover:
The guy who wrote the events of the night then has the events of the story turned into a fictional novel...but everyone can tell it's the prince and her lover so it becomes an object of humiliation towards them and like mocking them for having sex while he was going to be engaged to someone else.

The prince also just loses a shit ton of support and not because of anything the main character does later on when there is a war and he and a few of the love interests are sent to fight and they do badly, the prince in particular who gets caught and betrays his kingdom revealing a lot of plans, strategic locations or just plain base locations all so that he wouldn't die or get tortured, when he gets out, people learn about these betrayals and are understandbly quite mad at him and the only reason he doesn't die is because of his royal position, makes the novel mocking him even more popular afterwards.

And he and the "heroine" have a daughter...that the "heroine" quickly tries to force on the main character saying it wouldn't be fair for her to grow up being the daughter of a loathed prince and his lover and to everyone's suprise, the main character adopts her but never tells her who her birth parents are.

Volume 2 which is the same setting but quite a few years later, has the game's sequel happening and someone needing to destroy the harem ending in 24 hours all over again, the first "heroine's" birth daughter appears and...she is genuinely nice so she didn't turn out like her birth parents and loves the mother who raised her who, for her part, seems to have been a great mother and like every villain quality dissapears when around her and genuinely adopted her and loves the crap out of her...sadly, it seems that said daughter is not part of the main cast of the sequel so she doesn't really get involved nor does overprotective villainess mother, the daughter just appears in the sidelines.

Group Leader
Thank you for the chapter!

As far as I can see, there are a lot of raw chapters available right now, is it funding that's holding the translation back ?
When we first started we only had good quality scans for volume 1. We could get some other raws, but they were worse quality and harder to CLRD. We're also running very low on typesetters so, all this conbined means, we can't release more than a chapter per month.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

When you have money to burn everything is easy.

Aggregator gang
When we first started we only had good quality scans for volume 1. We could get some other raws, but they were worse quality and harder to CLRD. We're also running very low on typesetters so, all this conbined means, we can't release more than a chapter per month.
Ah, okay.
Does that mean that that new better quality scans are available for the rest now as well ?

Aggregator gang
As a translator myself, I'd say it's the "real life" that is the problem.
When I'm still single, I have all my free time after work for my hobby (games, anime, manga, novels) and enough time to translate.
As for manga, the problem isn't just the translator but the whole team,
the translator might have already done his job, but still need to wait for the cleaner, quality check, proof-read, etc.
Other than translation, I think I can do most of those remaining things. ( I don't know if I can or not, I have never tried. )
QC and proof-reading are SORELY lacking in a disturbingly large quantity of series I've read here on MD.
Way to many syntax errors not to mention missing letters in words, are also very common.
I get very peeved when seeing how strange some speech bubbles are structured, not to mention the sentences themselves..

Group Leader
Other than translation, I think I can do most of those remaining things. ( I don't know if I can or not, I have never tried. )
QC and proof-reading are SORELY lacking in a disturbingly large quantity of series I've read here on MD.
Way to many syntax errors not to mention missing letters in words, are also very common.
I get very peeved when seeing how strange some speech bubbles are structured, not to mention the sentences themselves..
I really hope I don't come off as rude when I say this but yeah, if you haven't been part of a scanlation group you don't really know how time consuming everything is. I'm currently the group owner, the main CLRDer and the main QCer. Let me tell you about what the whole thing entails.

Translation - There seems to be a very low amount of available Japanese translators. In Scans School (a discord server dedicated to all things scanlation related) there are always people looking for JTLs and not a whole lot of people offering to do these tasks. Plenty of groups do only Japanese comics, so it's natural for those people to be busy.
Translation, especially a good translation, takes a proper amount of time and can't just be done in a day or two. We usually give our translators 5-6 days for each chapter.

Cleaning-Redrawing - This can take a whiiile, depending on how hard it is to clean everything. Keep in mind that we don't just clean the text bubbles, we also clean the SFX. In one of our dropped projects we had to stop cleaning SFX because there was so much of it, and because it was so hard to redraw what they were covering.
Did you see page 25? The one with all that wind? I had to erase the Japanese SFX and redraw the missing parts. This accounts for the lineart and the patterns/textures.
I used to be in a group that would get the weekly Tokyo Ghoul: RE scans on Saturday morning and we had to have them all cleaned by noon, so I got pretty good at manga CLRD but it's pretty hard for a lot of people (some outright refuse to work on manga). And when they do a bad job, someone has to do it for them.
This is my main task, and the one I've done for longer, and it's one of the things you won't notice is there until it is done poorly. There's so many details of the CLRD process that go completely unnoticed by the reader, unless they also do CLRD.
While this can be done at the same time as the translation you will still need good quality scans, so if that isn't up to standard it can make things more difficult.
We usually give 5-6 for the CLRD process, but sometimes that has to be extended when it's for something longer like manga.

Proofreading - While this step is one of the quickest it can also make the TS and QC parts harder if done incorrectly. It's still an important part of the process and sometimes when done poorly it means you'll have to start messaging and @-ing people and hoping they answer quickly, just to ask the TL or PR to check this one sentence/word.

Typesetting - This step can't be done until the TL, PR and CLRD are done. If you add up all the time it takes for those three to be completed (if the TL and CLRD aren't done at the same time) you get almost two weeks before the TS is able to get their hands on the pages. Personally, I don't really know much about Photoshop (I use a different software for the CLRD), so I can only really handle the text bubbles and not the SFX.
The SFX sometimes needs to be drawn by hand. You remember page 25? Our collab TS, Pearl, had to write those by hand and said the textures were one of the hardest bits. There's a lot of hand-drawn SFX, and even textured/colorful SFX, that takes a got bit of time.

Quality Checking - This final step only really takes 1-2 days, and it's probably the one that can be done the fastest. Assuming everyone before did a good job. Sometimes one of the steps in the process gets done poorly, and you have to fix it or ask whoever did it (or a new person) to do it again.
It might not be the most complicated step, but if the QCer already has another task or is the leader of the project/group it will drain them a bit. Since yk...it's even more work they have to do.

Most groups have more than one project, so it's not as if we can just focus on one single thing and do that non-stop. We also have lives outside of this that include other hobbies, family, jobs, and even our health. Not all schedules allign either, and sometimes you have to wait a bit until someone is available to do the task.
I assure you that if you did everything on your own (and did it well) you'd burn out pretty quickly or lose interest.
Don't forget that we also get comments and messages asking us for updates when things take a bit longer, which can really stress you out.

This isn't to say that you couldn't do it lmao. I don't know you. Go for it! But first join the Scans School server and lend a hand to whoever needs help in there, or just look at the amount of Looking For Staff messages that are posted every day.
We don't get paid, we sometimes spend our own money, we are put under a good bit of stress to release new chapters, and might need to put other things aside to do this.
We do it because we want to read these stories, and to share them with others, but it's actually hard work.

(edited some spelling errors)

I'm going to screen! It's back!!
But damn I read it so fast orz
Still great tho, thanks for translating this!

Dex-chan lover
I love the set up and all, but I’m extremely curious as to who’s the mysterious prophet that sent the letters to the 3rd Prince and the Queen. I’m also extremely curious as to why they didn’t heed them , especially when the “potato girl” showed up AFTER being named in the letters.

Aggregator gang
I really hope I don't come off as rude when I say this but yeah, if you haven't been part of a scanlation group you don't really know how time consuming everything is. I'm currently the group owner, the main CLRDer and the main QCer. Let me tell you about what the whole thing entails.

Translation - There seems to be a very low amount of available Japanese translators. In Scans School (a discord server dedicated to all things scanlation related) there are always people looking for JTLs and not a whole lot of people offering to do these tasks. Plenty of groups do only Japanese comics, so it's natural for those people to be busy.
Translation, especially a good translation, takes a proper amount of time and can't just be done in a day or two. We usually give our translators 5-6 days for each chapter.

Cleaning-Redrawing - This can take a whiiile, depending on how hard it is to clean everything. Keep in mind that we don't just clean the text bubbles, we also clean the SFX. In one of our dropped projects we had to stop cleaning SFX because there was so much of it, and because it was so hard to redraw what they were covering.
Did you see page 25? The one with all that wind? I had to erase the Japanese SFX and redraw the missing parts. This accounts for the lineart and the patterns/textures.
I used to be in a group that would get the weekly Tokyo Ghoul: RE scans on Saturday morning and we had to have them all cleaned by noon, so I got pretty good at manga CLRD but it's pretty hard for a lot of people (some outright refuse to work on manga). And when they do a bad job, someone has to do it for them.
This is my main task, and the one I've done for longer, and it's one of the things you won't notice is there until it is done poorly. There's so many details of the CLRD process that go completely unnoticed by the reader, unless they also do CLRD.
While this can be done at the same time as the translation you will still need good quality scans, so if that isn't up to standard it can make things more difficult.
We usually give 5-6 for the CLRD process, but sometimes that has to be extended when it's for something longer like manga.

Proofreading - While this step is one of the quickest it can also make the TS and QC parts harder if done incorrectly. It's still an important part of the process and sometimes when done poorly it means you'll have to start messaging and @-ing people and hoping they answer quickly, just to ask the TL or PR to check this one sentence/word.

Typesetting - This step can't be done until the TL, PR and CLRD are done. If you add up all the time it takes for those three to be completed (if the TL and CLRD aren't done at the same time) you get almost two weeks before the TS is able to get their hands on the pages. Personally, I don't really know much about Photoshop (I use a different software for the CLRD), so I can only really handle the text bubbles and not the SFX.
The SFX sometimes needs to be drawn by hand. You remember page 25? Our collab TS, Pearl, had to write those by hand and said the textures were one of the hardest bits. There's a lot of hand-drawn SFX, and even textured/colorful SFX, that takes a got bit of time.

Quality Checking - This final step only really takes 1-2 days, and it's probably the one that can be done the fastest. Assuming everyone before did a good job. Sometimes one of the steps in the process gets done poorly, and you have to fix it or ask whoever did it (or a new person) to do it again.
It might not be the most complicated step, but if the QCer already has another task or is the leader of the project/group it will drain them a bit. Since yk...it's even more work they have to do.

Most groups have more than one project, so it's not as if we can just focus on one single thing and do that non-stop. We also have lives outside of this that include other hobbies, family, jobs, and even our health. Not all schedules allign either, and sometimes you have to wait a bit until someone is available to do the task.
I assure you that if you did everything on your own (and did it well) you'd burn out pretty quickly or lose interest.
Don't forget that we also get comments and messages asking us for updates when things take a bit longer, which can really stress you out.

This isn't to say that you couldn't do it lmao. I don't know you. Go for it! But first join the Scans School server and lend a hand to whoever needs help in there, or just look at the amount of Looking For Staff messages that are posted every day.
We don't get paid, we sometimes spend our own money, we are put under a good bit of stress to release new chapters, and might need to put other things aside to do this.
We do it because we want to read these stories, and to share them with others, but it's actually hard work.

(edited some spelling errors)
Hoboy..
Yeah, cleaning-redrawing would take up a lot of time on some pages, no wonder.
When it's too hard for someone to clean it, or just can't be bothered, they could just blank out the area where the text would be going instead of doing what I've seen multiple times where the translated text is just slapped directly on top of the original text.
First making it very hard to read since the English letters end up being mixed up with the Japanese characters... urk...
Then again, there are those that don't remove all the original text, just parts of it, or the translated text has a white background of some sort again just slapped over the original Japanese characters.

I mostly stick to manga (A4 page style) since I actually get really dizzy from reading those long strip style cartoons, not to mention that there are something close to two-four panels worth of text and LOTS of empty space with no background or anything else on an entire 10 foot "chapter/page" 💢 💢

Anyway, that got away from me..
Yeah, I think I understand a little better now how it works, thank you!

Dex-chan lover
LOL! Ducal heir Roberto got done dirty. That wet cloth SLAP had me rolling. Now he's going to wake up wet with a cold. They should have done the "hand in warm water so he pees" gag just to add insult to injury. On the plus side, they'll probably double the amount of security on staff just so he never has to live with the indignity again. Alexandra is a job creator folks. :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread