Nora and Weeds

Dex-chan lover
I was going in like "nah, it's not looking good" and now "omg, this is superb"
Thank for the translation.

Quality manga, but with the amount of people moaning in every Isekai page you'd expect there's lots of people starve for this kind of manga...
But as usual it barely reach 2 k avg view per ch.

This is real good.
Hope she tells the policeman about the guy who almost killed her sometime soon.

"why is this not popular already"
Maybe because not everyone is as eager as you to jump on a manga just because it champions a social issue or whatever bullshit.

I wouldn't mind if that was the last chapter. I really going to hate when the bad stuff comes back to torment those 2.

Aside from comedy, romance, and sports, there are manga out there that tackle real issues that are crying out to be brought to the attention of people as a society. This is nothing new: Dean Swift wrote "A Modest Proposal" in the early 1700's to educate people about the plight of the Irish people under English rule (Swift was an Englishman himself). Charles Dickens, of "A Christmas Carol," possibly the best novelist of the 19th century, wrote unceasingly about social injustice, even though his works are very readable and not "preachy" at all. There are manga and manhwa being published that have the same aim, to let people know, in a popular format, about horrible injustices that are happening all the time and yet are consistently swept under the rug, whether it is the ableism in "The Friendly Winter" or the abuse and underage prostitution in this manga. Both of these titles are extremely well written and hold the attention of the reader. If reading this and feeling, as a result, that I need to change my attitudes and help to do something about problems like this makes me a bleeding heart reader of "whatever bullshit," I'll take that name and those who dislike this genre of manga can go off and vote to build a wall and despise the poor, the abused, the refugees, the mentally ill, and the homeless and believe that it's their own fault.

Well damn, I really can't believe how beautiful this manga is. An amazing story whose art style is perfectly in sync with it, creating scenes that tug on my heartstrings. This makes me wonder how many beautiful Short stories I missed just because I can't read a language.....

Contributor
The author have some serious health issues, hope the best for him but there is a possibility that we will never see an ending for this work. T_T

Dex-chan lover
I hope this will continue being translated AND THERE WILL BE NOT ROMANCE! NOT AGAIN JAPAN! NOT AGAIN!

That being said... @Nick86 Doesn't mean that he can't get well but this gives me some sad dejavus. With the Light's author died, a great lost IMO. She scribbled an ending for the story in her deathbed. (╥_╥)

Contributor
The author has been recovering nicely from his cancer treatment and resumed work on it a while ago by the sound of things. It's apparently ending in the next issue of the magazine it runs in too.

Dex-chan lover
i really hope someone pick this up again the raw gonna end in 1 chapter feelsbadman

eli

Group Leader
Very happy Shinzo-san is recovering and doing well.

Dex-chan lover
final chapter come out today hope we could see the new chapter too

Aaahhh I hope someone picks up this manga again😭 I’ve been dying to know how it ends

Ending spoilers:
As expected, happiness can't last forever. There's some other stuff in-between, like them getting into a fight over him treating her as a replacement for his deceased daughter, and her finding a place in school in the art club, but I'm skimming to the end here. They get found out, guy goes to jail for a couple of years, demonised by the media as having taken advantage of a young girl. But before that happens, they go on a road trip together which is poignant in its own way, probably because of the guy's dead daughter. Guy tries to commit suicide at the very end, but she saves him.

In the final chapter, a reporter is doing a piece on the case, talks to a bunch of different characters who were involved in the story, and meets with the guy towards the end (he was released after about 2 years). He's going on a road trip, can't remember why, but probably to do some soul-searching. He's basically lost all his ties to friends and family because of the incident, and he also still wonders if he did the right thing with the girl.

It's hinted at that the girl is also doing well, although I'm not sure exactly what happens at the end, if they really do meet again at the beach or if that's just an ending scene the author came up with. (In the final few pages, she might be headed to the same place as him, just via train, not sure.) The reporter's piece concludes that well, legally there's no question about it being right or wrong, but beyond that it's more complicated of course. And also that it is because we have injuries that we are able to heal, and she hopes that is the eventual end point for these two scarred souls (more or less).

Users who are viewing this thread