Noragami - Ch. 107.2 - White

I forget, but do shinki know nothing of their past life, or only their death/name? Because presumably Yukine still remembers everything about when she was human? I mean, this whole scenario has been in shambles for a while, but things just get more complicated.

Double-page supporter
He got to see just how much she cared about him as her memories are wiped............ Heavy.
Though Yukine sets a precedent for a shinki being able to remain one with their memories returned, so it'll proooooobably be fine. Honestly this manga did nothing to make me care about Hiyori's human life. Just being a spirit thing and live with her boys seems like it's enough.

Dex-chan lover
One thing I've considered for a good while now is that the possibility that Hiyori could be the reincarnation of Yato's very first shinki, Sakura. The series did state a good while back that that's something that can happen for humans. It could also play into how the series had Yato & Hiyori connected to one another by fate itself. Sakura did behave in a way pretty similar to Hiyori back when we saw her. The last interesting comparison is that Sakura's form was that of a koshigatana, a short bladed katana. With Hiyori's also being the same (not the exact same appearance though).

I have a couple ideas for how things will play out for Yato & Hiyori. Based on the way the series as well as Adachi Toka have handled Hiyori as a character, it would go against the narrative they've been going with all this time if they actually do just have Hiyori die, and become a permanent part of that world. Especially with the lesson she's learned throughout the entire series being to love and cherish the time that she has while she's alive. Also considering how Yato needs her to take his father's place, so that he doesn't disappear after killing the guy, it would definitely be a bad ending if Hiyori's dead.

The first idea I had was that just like how Yato's dad died but managed to return to being a human, gaining a lot of powers as a result; with him able to continue being reborn as a human while retaining his identity and so on, it could be a case where something along those lines happens to Hiyori. It would also solve Yato's problem, where the two can always be together, even after she dies, without him having to worry about disappearing, with her always existing in one form or another to be there for him.

The second idea (part of which seems more likely) is that Hiyori will for whatever reason be fine. Considering we only got like 2 chapters left, the author doesn't have time to drag this out. Normally humans lose their memories when they die and become shinki, but Hiyori isn't exactly a normal human. I do think there's a good chance she'll keep her memories. Also between Yukine, as well as all the other shinki friends she made (the grand majority not knowing about the gods greatest secret) would know her name, with it taking just one of them to accidentally call her by her actual name.

I do think Hiyori will likely be saved, more likely than not by the intervention of the goddess Amaterasu. Amaterasu does seem to have some feelings towards Yato and his group, considering she did show up out of nowhere to tell Hiyori and the others how to save him from the underworld. If Amaterasu has something up her sleeve that would save Hiyori.

If not Amaterasu, perhaps something happens with Yato's father, perhaps Hiyori has a connection to that woman he loved and not Sakura. It would seem incredibly random and kind of half-assed, but if he decides to do something to undo what happened to Hiyori, and allow her to live again. One last idea I had (which is a bit of a long shot) but going back to the Amaterasu idea, perhaps in exchange for saving Hiyori, Yato is to give up being a god, as a price or as a request. If perhaps the series ends with both Yato and Hiyori as humans, with Yato no longer having to worry about disappearing. This would allow the two to be able to spend their lives together as a proper couple. As for Yukine, he'd probably just get taken in by Bisha and Kazuma.

Fed-Kun's army
Dang. I have a feeling this would happen sooner or later, but honestly this is so sad. :((
I feel really bad for Hiyori. She wouldn't remember all her precious memories with Yato and Yukine now. :((

Fed-Kun's army
I forget, but do shinki know nothing of their past life, or only their death/name? Because presumably Yukine still remembers everything about when she was human? I mean, this whole scenario has been in shambles for a while, but things just get more complicated.

No, being a shinki means they won't remember anything about their past life. Yukine was able to remember his past life because of the Father. He corrupted Yukine to pull him out from Yato, and now Yukine kinda lost its original form.

If you remember, Sakura, Yato's very first shinki besides Nora was corrupted because she remembered her past life. Yato had to slash her down back then.

Dex-chan lover
No, being a shinki means they won't remember anything about their past life. Yukine was able to remember his past life because of the Father. He corrupted Yukine to pull him out from Yato, and now Yukine kinda lost its original form.

If you remember, Sakura, Yato's very first shinki besides Nora was corrupted because she remembered her past life. Yato had to slash her down back then.
The important thing being that so long as that person is able to move on and accept what happened, they'll be fine. Such as the case with that girl Bisha recruited, then with Kazuma as well as Yukine. If it came to that with Hiyori I feel like she'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread