Noragami - Ch. 107.2 - White

Yato possessed Hiyori's body before, maybe she can do it too 😭😭

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I hate to victim blame but Hiyori always was pushing the boundaries with her tail. She knew this was a risk and accepted it. And honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was brought back to life somehow in some deus ex machina.

Dex-chan lover
Welp. There's no more Hiyori, only Shirone... Even if things return to the status quo for some reason, it's gonna be difficult for Yato to stick around. Because most of his friends knows Hiyori, which will be extremely triggering for her. Fuck, this is depressing...

Like the other has said, this is an extremely downer ending. Even if Yato's Dad is killed, the massive damage he's done to Japan and its Pantheon is already done. The only way this could end in a "good" way is to have some Amaterasu Ex Machina, which I honestly prefer.

Given the lighthearted way this manga once meandered, regardless of whether Hiyori will be fine, the way the events stumbled and converged just feel really sloppy and distasteful...

Dex-chan lover
Called it. Author is killing mc for the shock value. I honestly don’t care anymore. This story has no more spark

Imagine managing to finally create an emotional moment for the first time in like 5 years, and just breaking the chapter there.... Maybe once this hot mess of a serialization is finally put out of its misery and one can binge-read this arc, it will be bearable. But tbh I'd be surprised if anyone would want to.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine managing to finally create an emotional moment for the first time in like 5 years, and just breaking the chapter there.... Maybe once this hot mess of a serialization is finally put out of its misery and one can binge-read this arc, it will be bearable. But tbh I'd be surprised if anyone would want to.
I still like the series, the last 3rd of it though just doesn't have the same amount of polish as everything that came before it.

It would be nice if the anime were to return once it's finished, and perhaps they could iron things out better and fill in the gaps.

Dex-chan lover
Welp. There's no more Hiyori, only Shirone... Even if things return to the status quo for some reason, it's gonna be difficult for Yato to stick around. Because most of his friends knows Hiyori, which will be extremely triggering for her. Fuck, this is depressing...

Hiyori in her blade form was able to cut the Koto no Ha. Not even a hafuri like Kazuma could do that. Hiyori ain't no normal shinki. I don't think she will lose her memories at all.

I remember back in chapter 24 Kazuma mentioned something called an "Ultimate Vessel" (tsui no utsuwa). Father also mentioned the "Ultimate Vessel" in chapter 46. I think that's what Hiyori turned into.

By the way, the official translators left this note in volume 13:

“Speaking of theories, we learned something about a potential double meaning on the term for “ultimate vessel” (thanks to Devil Survivor, oddly enough), which on the one hand has us going, “Argh, WHY didn’t we look into that better!?” (if only we knew eleven volumes ago that just because a word has kanji doesn’t mean that’s the only meaning Adachitoka is going with) and on the other hand gives us more clues to how to become one. The word for “ultimate” (tsui) can also mean “pair”, as in “one of a set of two”. Other half, maybe? I’m not even going to try to figure out a word that can mean both that and final, though. It’s already too late”.

Now think about it, if the word "tsui" (ultimate) can also mean "pair," wouldn't this hint to Hiyori and Yato? I think that makes a lot of sense. Alternativily, it might also hint at Sakura and Hiyori, since it's pretty clear Hiyori is Sakura's reincarnation. In any case, the chances of Hiyori being an Ultimate Vessel (tsui no utsuwa) are really high.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I blame KOFUKU for this! She set Hiyori's fated plank with Yato back in the festival so that she can be with him. Now that the fate is finally fulfilled at the cost of her death.
kofuku's not to blame-- hiyori chose and kept choosing yato and the far shore even before the fated plank.

Fed-Kun's army
Boy this is sad as hell, I hope if the author asspull her memory back she somehow makes it convincing

Dex-chan lover
All Shinki have their memories sealed when they become a Shinki. That's an important established rule. Should they break it now would be something I would usually consider an asspull...but then again considering Hiyori's circumstance, she IS a VERY UNIQUE case of a human who partially became an Ayakashi, and whose soul could freely leave her body and has been interacting with denizens of the Far Shore for about a year before she became a Shinki now. The god who named her is someone who was incredibly important to her before her death...so if that somehow serves as some sort of loophole for Hiyori to be able to keep her memories...I might be able to accept it, as long as it's handled the right way.

Aggregator gang
All Shinki have their memories sealed when they become a Shinki. That's an important established rule. Should they break it now would be something I would usually consider an asspull...but then again considering Hiyori's circumstance, she IS a VERY UNIQUE case of a human who partially became an Ayakashi, and whose soul could freely leave her body and has been interacting with denizens of the Far Shore for about a year before she became a Shinki now. The god who named her is someone who was incredibly important to her before her death...so if that somehow serves as some sort of loophole for Hiyori to be able to keep her memories...I might be able to accept it, as long as it's handled the right way.
god's greatest secret circumvents that rule

kizuma, yukine, nana and nora have all received and survived GGS, establishing that it's perfectly possible for hiyori to remember.
i think it'll definitely have something to do with hiyori having been so close to yato before her death. GGS survivability seems based on how dedicated/loyal a shinki is to their god, so hiyori's a prime candidate because she was like that before her death, and was also already technically half dead the entire time, so her memories of being half-ayakashi may even persist.

Fed-Kun's army
I knew this was a possibility.

I knew it could pay off on the yatori subplot.

I just didn't think Adachitoka would do it for real.

Users who are viewing this thread