Noragami - Vol. 27 Ch. 107.2 - White

Dex-chan lover
Now that's what I call a downer ending. Even if Father is finally obliterated, I can't see this counting as a victory unless there's some deus ex machina lurking around the corner.
Higher god's could allow mercy... It's not like revival is this impossible thing... Just usually not allowed...

You know to protect the order and all that crap.. One exception or two isn't going to be a big deal...

Double-page supporter
The important thing being that so long as that person is able to move on and accept what happened, they'll be fine. Such as the case with that girl Bisha recruited, then with Kazuma as well as Yukine. If it came to that with Hiyori I feel like she'll be fine.
Yes, I really hope so. I pray for a plot armor for Hiyori. 🙁
Those memories are too precious to lost.

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be real, I never expected her to turn into a shinki. Hope there's a coming back from this. As much as this may have saved a fragment of her, she deserves a lot better than this for an ending. I've been reading this series for such a long time now, almost 12 years... Despite how rushed I've felt things have gotten, this moment still made me shed a tear for the girl.

Last edited:
I forget, but do shinki know nothing of their past life, or only their death/name? Because presumably Yukine still remembers everything about when she was human? I mean, this whole scenario has been in shambles for a while, but things just get more complicated.
Shinki remember nothing from their past life, if they do, they'll get trauma trigger (mostly because of their deaths) and become monsters. Yukine never had memories of his past, and he turned into a monster when he recalled it. So now Hiyori will also forget all her life. :(

Dex-chan lover
Shirou (Fate): "People die when they are killed". Hiyori body is sleeping in this moment, nobody hurt her body. Hiyori's spiritual form become a Shinki, the miracle will join again the main with the spiritual body

Dex-chan lover
Shirou (Fate): "People die when they are killed". Hiyori body is sleeping in this moment, nobody hurt her body. Hiyori's spiritual form become a Shinki, the miracle will join again the main with the spiritual body
Realistically speaking the solution to her problem could be to return her to her body, and do some kind deus ex magic.

Group Leader
Now that's what I call a downer ending. Even if Father is finally obliterated, I can't see this counting as a victory unless there's some deus ex machina lurking around the corner.
Amaterasu is definitely lurking around the corner :smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this ending was fucking depressing. Like, wtf Adachi Toka, you led me on for 13 years just for this to be how it ends. Even if they beat Father, none of it can be counted as a victory, we've lost too much. Dear god.

Contributor
Man, the author tried to cram so much on this arc that no resolution will be a satisfying conclusion.

Aggregator gang
He got to see just how much she cared about him as her memories are wiped............ Heavy.
Though Yukine sets a precedent for a shinki being able to remain one with their memories returned, so it'll proooooobably be fine. Honestly this manga did nothing to make me care about Hiyori's human life. Just being a spirit thing and live with her boys seems like it's enough.
both Yuki and Kazuma (and Nana, and Nora) have all proved that in the right circumstances, GGS is entirely survivable. It appears to require a lot of loyalty to their master, enough to overcome their past life. I strongly think Hiyori may not entirely forget her past at all, because she's a special case who loved her god THAT MUCH before she died.

Dex-chan lover
This is an insane way to end it.... haven't decided yet if it's bad (because it's not over).... but oh man.... I always knew it was a possibility but I never thought it would actually happen

Users who are viewing this thread