Normality and Monsters - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
The more chapters of this I read, the more I get the impression that even Takahashi's cold, detached monster persona is also a facade. Like deep down she genuinely wants some sort of connection but something in her past made her believe that she could only be a monster and the reason she is treating Itou the way she is, is because she thinks that Itou could only possibly be getting close to her, so that she can use her.

Dex-chan lover
That would be interesting, but the twist would only really work one time, as after losing the MC once, no reader would start getting attached to the new one
They'd have to quickly develop the monster into a compelling character and make it the new MC, I think.

Aggregator gang
Feel's like the mc is more of a monster than the monster.... She's a psycho I'd say (there might be a twist where mc is the real monster)

Dex-chan lover
It would be interesting if "Takahashi" ate the MC, but we all know that's not the case.

Feel's like the mc is more of a monster than the monster.... She's a psycho I'd say (there might be a twist where mc is the real monster)
I mean, the wholes premise of the manga is that Itou is such a social failure that even a literal monster masking as a social person feels more human to others than her.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the fun chapter. Well it was confirmed in Oneesama and the Giant that yuri monsters do get quite jelly and triggered regarding vore with their gal pals, so that is a thing. I like that Itou was feeling more guilt regarding her incinerator revelation rather then fear for her own survival which at least at that point displays that Itou was concerned about upsetting a friend more then triggering the retaliation of the wormussy. It was also adorable seeing that Takahashi was baiting Itou into providing her validation during their just gals being raking pals moment. It honestly seemed like Takahashi was calling Itou out for her willingness to be a lackey for the wormussy and that she viewed it as they were mutually using each other and that contradicted with Itou's desired goal. It was interesting seeing her seemingly get annoyed with Itou's response to this portion of her normality strats even though in earlier chapters that was exactly what Itou had been doing being a good listener while Takahashi got chatty. I like the reveal that this whole excursion was set up by normalworm as a 4d chess move to get Itou into another secluded spot so they wouldn't be able to link two disappearances from the class on the same day, but while she did bring up her intent to eat her after her usefulness expired before I think there is a bit of trolling here, though considering the normality lesson she just provided Itou it could serve as a suitable final lesson, we were using each other after all moment.
Judging by her earlier comment in the chapter though it makes me wonder if Takahashi has tried using an adult suit before the Takahashi edition or if she was just musing there. Also judging by her word choice there it does seem that she is acknowledging at least the possibility that there are other monsters out there.
As for Itou's chances for survival I think Itou will have a moment of gay panic over what she interprets to be an attempted hickey from Lewdworm Takahashi and through the power of miscommunication/misunderstandings between lesbians will avoid the taking things to the next step attempt by "the farm is the place for couple goals" Takahussy. Itou will then trigger a gay panic reflex in the Takahashi suit leading to a tree/greenhouse variant of the kabedon with normalworm which at that point will be witnessed by the grandma creating a misunderstandingception and then deciding that now the remains need to be disposed of at an aquarium.
Also I would like to point out that it took them, a monster and a spazz, just six chapters to accomplish what Kana and Hitomi are still trying to figure out after 10 chapters in their series.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
was not expecting the term "babe" but enjoy the meal?

Tho would've been an interesting twist if she killed another 'popular' girl and framed the mc somehow (might need a tragedy tag tho idk if that'd be considered too spoiler-y. unless it switches to the monster girls pov from now on)
So... Anyone believes the MC is dead in the 6th chapter already?
well the raws say there's 24 chapters, so maybe that means that it's gonna be some kinda anthology/multiple arcs of her going to diff schools like Nanno? (girl from nowhere)

Assuming she doesn't 'steal her face' or some kinda fakeout, i do feel sorry for the grandma unless she gets eaten too (tho i mean, is there really a need to burn the fiber b/c even if the teacher's clothes turn up i doubt she'd rly get in that much 'trouble', what are they gonna do, arrest her, tho i imagine it'd be easier to 'disappear' or so)

Tho considering it's called Normality and Monsters assuming that the title isn't vague on whether that world is plural or not, maybe it'll switch to the next set of chapters being about other diff monsters, b/c if she exists, then there are prolly other human-eating monsters out there lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread