Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Cogitation

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Vampire: The Masquerade and Vampire:The Requiem players would like to have a word about that, and count Strahd could easily give you a whole dissertation...

... though on all other aspects, you're totally right.

Fed-Kun's army
Dun dun DUNNNNN.

I wonder if at the end, he'll be able to become truly "human". Well, he'll probably evolve into a different race that looks exactly like a human before he can actually become human, if he can.

Dex-chan lover
man i hope he gets a more human looking form soon, just so he can go talk to sheila, poor girl

Dex-chan lover
"Lento? Who is Lento? My name is Ghoul Incognito"

Y3DuvMh.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious to see if his next form's face will be human enough and if it is, will he look like he used to or like someone else?

Dex-chan lover
Also, I hope he still gets the vampire race change at some point, Japan seems to do vampires better than us most of the time.....

@VladDracul2 Alright, this isn't directed at you, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but why do so many people never see the word most when I use it in a statement?

(I love VTMB! and Vampyr was a pretty good game too)

@Acolytus That was classic XD

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous For the same reason people never see the second part of my paragraph whenever I post an answer... also because when people read comments and critiques on forums, they are so much more used to over-generalizations and quasi dogmatic claims to truly read and analyze the entirety of the statements, which tends to be exacerbated when the use of a quantifier that encompasses a great amount of examples of a certain genre is applied (the word "most"), all of which ends up with the reader drawing their own conclusions to the comment rather than its fully literal interpretation.

...or you could simply take my comment for what it was as a simple RPG joke, your choice.

Dex-chan lover
I think Receptionist Girl already saw through, that it is him. She doesn't know the circumstances, but trusts that he has his reasons.

As nice as Magic Researcher Waifu (MRW) may be as a waifu, I really get strong vibes of dear love from Receptionist Girl (RG). MC and RG also have a long time relationship offpanel before the story began. She wanted him to work alongside with her and didn't realized, that she might have a shot there, if she just asked him to work for the guild. She waited too long, by not succeeding in showing him, what a valuable asset he actually is. And now he got killed, she is cut of from any husbanding events and MRW has the edge.

Group Leader
@Qelix
I don't think she knows. She still seems pretty preoccupied about Human Lento (HL) whereabouts when Monster Lento (ML) left.
One thing I'm concurring with you is that she had no reasonw to keep HL in the dark concerning his worth to the guild, to other adventurers and to herself.

This world has been depicted as violent and unforgiving. Adventurers die often, so often in fact that people don't seem to care anymore. So life is short.
HL was seeing himself as a failure, a useless human with no real redeeming features, and apparently, everybody around him never even tried to say to him that he mattered... or to help him for a change, instead of asking him stuff.
I wonder how many awesome adventurers are alive in this world thanks to him and his tutelage when they were starting. It was described in previous chapters that he actually had a noticeable impact on the rate of newbies' deaths. And despite all that, nobody tried to do anything for him.

Well, except for Lorraine... She actively helped him before his transformation, it seems. She's still a bit of a coward, because it looks like she had feelings for him for a while now, but at least, she helped him.
Also Rina, who actually met him as ML, and still tried to help him as much as possible.

So fuck everybody that knew him before his change (except Lorraine), They can go to hell, the whole lot of ungrateful useless trash that they are.
Those are the kind of people that keep asking for stuff of someone and treat him like garbage, until he breaks and takes his own life, and then they cry, "not understanding" why he would commit such an act.

Dex-chan lover
dude I swear, like all of us commentators could write better stories than these fucking assholes... they just gotta draw wut we order them to and we get the best manga in the world with tons of sex and alpha MC and shit

Double-page supporter
It could also be a case of the upper echelon of the guild contacting Lorraine about Lento but not informing a mere receptionist.
She may have just reported how useful he is and never knew the guild considered offering him a job.

EDIT : Rereading, I gotit backward. The receptionist wanted to put a word about him to the guild in case he stopped being an adventurer, but she still wanted (from ch4) to cheer him on his dream of becoming mithril ranked. Hence why she never said anything I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread