Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Cogitation

Dex-chan lover
Wow, the lower-face mask looks creepier than if he didn't have a mask at all, haha.

Rereading this for the heck of it, lower face mask reminds me of immortan joe from mad max.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still insisting that the FIRST evolution was the Zombie and the second was the Ghoul.
Because regardless of what was said, what was described and shown was Zombie for the first and Ghoul for the second.
I mean it is downright stupid how much his second evolution exactly matches the typical description of a Ghoul, while the first more closely (but not perfectly) matches the usual form of a Zombie.

That is to say a Zombie is an animated corpse, usually rotting because there is nothing in place to stop it doing so. Like a Skeleton but with poor-quality meat-armour on. Typically weak and slow undead deployed in large numbers for best effect. Modern virus variants aside, they usually just bite because it is about the only way they can inflict damage besides their terrible hygiene. There is no gain to them eating as they don't have functioning organs and are inherently disposable minions.
Ghouls on the other hand vary between the undead varieties and sometimes grotesque living humanoids, but their most notable feature is that they eat human flesh. Typically corpses in various states of decay, but often just as easily the living. They're almost always depicted doing so, and generally have insatiable appetites. But even the undead ones are considerably less decayed than zombies because the whole flesh-eating thing sustains them.

So, simply put, what the manga was describing as a ghoul was literally a zombie and what it described as a zombie was literally a ghoul.

Are the names given here exactly as written in the original or is it just translator interpretation of Japanese words?

Dex-chan lover
Dun dun DUNNNNN.

I wonder if at the end, he'll be able to become truly "human". Well, he'll probably evolve into a different race that looks exactly like a human before he can actually become human, if he can.
The closest semblance he will ever have to a human is probably a high tier vampire or something

Dex-chan lover
Dude goes to the guild to register as a new adventurer, instead of using his old identity, which is too well known. He doesn't bother to come up with a new name. I thought he was a smart person, but he's actually pretty dumb. Of course strictly speaking he has been introducing himself as Lento to a few people already, so if he used a new alias now, there's a risk of confusion if he was called "Lento" publicly by one of those few people.

Did he just reveal himself?
Lento Vivie 😅 and she buy that 😂

This is just lazy writing 🤣

But i dunno, maybe in the next chapter it will be some advantage 🤭

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious to see if his next form's face will be human enough and if it is, will he look like he used to or like someone else?
I think he will mostly look like he used to. You can see that his hair is back to it's formal appearance after he became zombie.

Dex-chan lover
"Lento? Who is Lento? My name is Ghoul Incognito"

Y3DuvMh.jpg
Lorraine was strangely remiss not to work up fake background story before setting him loose. Lento might be a good guy, but he's also kind of an airhead.

Users who are viewing this thread