Nyanta to Pomeko ~Imasara Shinjiteiru to Iwarete mo Mouteokureda~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
What a TURN!

I appreciate how they want to make things good and support.

Dex-chan lover
how about just. . . gtfo or maintain your distance, and stop shoving your agenda to him.
if you girls want him to be happy. . . . just be normal around him.

But wait. . . it's not about him. . .it's about them huh. . .

Dex-chan lover
"How can we help him get back to his old self, and fix his reputation?"
"Maybe explain what really happened to everyone?"
"But then that would hurt OUR reputations! I know, let's try to fix the guy with trust issues and a strong dislike of romance because of us up with the girl we know nothing about!"
Seriously, the only one of the girls I can KIND OF sympathize with is the former bookworm. She didn't accuse him and actually thought he did something. All she knew was that there was an earthquake, he was on top of her, and then everyone was yelling that he was assaulting her. The friend that took years (Maybe) to say "Hey, you know the nice kid that you talked with in the library a lot? The one that's a social outcast (Again) because people saw him on top of you during an earthquake and assumed things? I never told anyone, but he didn't assault you, he protected you!" is a problem though. And as soon as she found that out she went and tried to connect with him, but stopped short of actually trying to do... ANYTHING to help him. Still a terrible person, but she at least had a REASON to distance herself from him unlike the other 2 who were just too cowardly to instantly fix a problem, or trying to LITERALLY MANIPULATE HIM INTO BEING DEPENDANT ON HER.

Dex-chan lover
Ey ya . . . . I had this uncomfortable feeling when I read this chapter, and I dont know why. After seeing the comments now I know.

I find it nice that they actually have the thought of redeeming themself. But I feel its all driven by their ego of wanting to see him just like the old days. And seriously, if you want to redeem yourself. Start by correcting all those stupid allegations made towards him because you choosed to stay shut up. Be careful tho, it can be a double edge sword to Shinjou as others will probably think Shinjou forced them to say those. BUT! As for the sister, YOU HAVE THE EASIEST START! Your mama loves ya! So start by talking to your mama for god's sake. Clear that stupid shitty missunderstanding. As for the mother, START. LISTENING. TO YOUR SON. Accept that you hurt him for not listening to him in the past. And DONT GUILT TRIP HIM WITH SOME FANCY WORDS "we're family" even Dom is gonna throw up listening to that. And whatever happens next, ACCEPT IT. If he still doesnt talk to you after all that, ACCEPT IT. If he still hates you, ACCEPT IT. If he still doesnt want to do anything with you afterwards, ACCEPT IT. If ya'll cant even do that. Then do what you did best in the past . . . . Shut up and leave him alone.

Sry for getting heat up. Anywho, thanks as always for the scanlation, Mangascammerss!!!

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are a bit too Gung-ho about this like yeah they fucked up and them not even considering to admit the truth to the world is a bad look. But please remember these idiots just entered high school and committed their fuck ups between the ages of 5 to 14 lmao (Kids are stupid by default).

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was fucking hilarious. We start off with jack zero context for why these three girls are all meeting together. Like, literally zero explanation for how they got to know each other. I could understand the stepsister and the childhood friend knowing each other considering they probably played together as children, but no explanation for the library girl.

Then they all start explaining how they wronged the MC because obviously, the world revolves around him. All stories that we, the reader, literally already know. Stories that we already know until we get to the library girl.

She explains that there was a fucking eArThQuAkE. I actually burst out laughing in real life. I don't know why I found that so funny, but that was one of the most unexpected things I've read in a while. Like, I get it. Japan is seismically active. But just zero leadup to it was hilarious.

Whatever. I'm probably dropping this hot mess, but that was so unintentionally funny for a moment.

Group Leader
What an unredeemable group of selfishly cowards.

And they are atill about being redeemed so they can feel better with themselves, at the end of the day, they don't give a fuck about the MC (maybe the stepsister, but she is as bad).

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to start this with saying this is a good manga, a good story. I genuinely like it when I first read it, and recommend people finish reading it before judging it too badly.
Reading back through this and, spoiler!
They do nothing. They do literally NOTHING to help him other than the most un enthusiastic "Go gettem!" Cheer from the sideline. The whole chapter is "Man, we really ruined his life, reputation, ability to trust, relationship with his family, and (if he weren't the protagonist) drove him to near-suicide. But hey, he's friends with a girl now, so let's support their currently non-existent romance so we can feel better about ourselves if it happens to work!" and then they do nothing. I think the most they do is stop another girl from flirting with him. The real kicker though? He forgives them, ALL OF THEM, for ruining his life. The story was great up until the ending. If they had done basically ANYTHING to help him it would be better, but they do nothing to help him. They're not even shown clearing up the rumors. As far as anyone else is concerned he's still a violent molester.

Last edited:
They're literally kids and they're genuinely trying to change. They've fully acknowledged how shitty they have been and are looking for redemption. They're doing it in the best way possible, too. Relax.
Yeah, I totally agree. Everyone should just chill. I’m guessing this is the author’s first work; so I can forgive the kind of cringy way she’s forming a redemption arc for the girls. But overall it’s good they’re trying to make amends
Bit of a necro, but they've spent the entire manga so far insisting that everything's automatically fine, refusing to clear anything up, and some of them even demeaning him for daring to hold a grudge for the things they continue to do right to his face.

Dex-chan lover
They're literally kids and they're genuinely trying to change. They've fully acknowledged how shitty they have been and are looking for redemption. They're doing it in the best way possible, too. Relax.
That's not really gonna fly ô_o

The Fact that they call it merely a 'Mistake' shows how messed up they are, since they did it deliberately. Glasses Girl for example used it for friends and says how happy she is now, while what she did could very well end his life.. like they're playing the overall situation down

Dex-chan lover
The only correct course these girls can take is to own their mistake and leave the guy the hell alone, for good.

Dex-chan lover
That's it? A girl scrapes her knee, a boy gets blamed, sister gets him in trouble with his mom - in grade school that stuff happens on weekly basis, and gets forgotten on weekly basis. No way it would snowball into a rumor that would haunt him for years. The library incident was absurd, and it too wouldn't have lingered in people's memory for long. These couldn't have been enough to ruin MCs life, and aren't something to hold a grudge over on their own.
The realistic thing was how the communication sucked. On one hand, the girls would choke when it was still possible to clear the misunderstandings, on the other, MC wasn't exactly using his words to explain what he intended to do each time.

The library incident was absurd, and it too wouldn't have lingered in people's memory for long.
Guy got MeToo'd by morons. And the girl kept feeding it. Yeah, it would linger.
These couldn't have been enough to ruin MCs life, and aren't something to hold a grudge over on their own.
The lying definitely is.
MC wasn't exactly using his words to explain what he intended to do each time.
What do you want a child to do? Nobody cared what he had to say.

Dex-chan lover
Guy got MeToo'd by morons. And the girl kept feeding it.
Like I said, that event was insultingly random. I mean using an earthquake to grope a girl? And since when are middle-schoolers such white knights to a library nerd, they'd rather be jealous of the lucky pervert moment. And they sure got really close to her the moment they saw she's cute without the glasses, the creeps. Also, this random girl somehow was the only person who knew what happened, and only explained it on graduation day of all times? Convenient writing.
The lying definitely is.
These timeskips make it seem like nothing ever happened other than the MC's incidents and their aftermath. There was no quiet moment to talk things over, or forget about it once other stuff happens, really?
What do you want a child to do?
You could say the same about the girls. What could they do when things happened so fast? MC could say that he was running to get the bandaids, or that there's stuff falling in an earthquake. He used to be a jokester, so it's not like he was too awkward around other people to speak up.

Last edited:
These timeskips make it seem like nothing ever happened other than the MC's incidents and their aftermath. There was no quiet moment to talk things over, or forget about it once other stuff happens, really?
Yup. Even after they admit they were in the wrong, then form a pity group, they never once do anything other than sit around talking about how bad they feel. Nobody ever apologizes to him, even once, or tries to make amends, or anything. Step-mom hears things about MC and literally doesn't care if it's true or not (Chapter 6, Page 1). The girls do their thing, then decide not to talk to him because of Japanese reasons, and MC just... kind of... forgives them... for no reason. Everyone else decided he was the bad guy, then decided to ostracize him.

Only the step family did anything that might begin to put them on a path to redemption, but finally realizing he doesn't want anything to do with them after years of abuse isn't exactly going to absolve them in one go. But frankly, I don't even know where the hell this sudden change of heart came from in the first place. Now she cares about him?
You could say the same about the girls. What could they do when things happened so fast? MC could say that he was running to get the bandaids, or that there's stuff falling in an earthquake. He used to be a jokester, so it's not like he was too awkward around other people to speak up.

Sure, maybe. Especially Shizuka. But the "victims" had all the power in the world to, at any point in the several years afterwards, to take it, any of it, back. They could tell everyone the truth. They could tell anyone the truth. Hell, they could apologize to him in private. None of that happened, and it continues not to happen. They just decided to pop back into his life like nothing and mope around when he keeps them at arm's length.

The big issue here is you assume anyone would care what a boy says when he's been painted as the aggressor by a crying girl, but we both know that crying girl beats alleged aggressor any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly if they had any real courage at all, they would've recorded this little meeting and posted it on social media, tag EVERYONE. Make sure everyone sees it, everyone at school, the faculty, the parents, everyone.

Of course they wouldn't though, because that would do to their lives what they've done to his.

Dex-chan lover
The only one I think can be argued has atl potential to apologise is the one who was just a very young kid when it happened. During those years, ye ain't right in the head. After having worked 2 summers as an assistant with summer "school" (and babysitting nieces and nephews on the regular... on top of remembering how much of a jerk I was as a kid) I can tell you straight away, 90% of kids around that age would never have the willpower to speak out loud during that time.

I would put her as the least guilty person among them. She simply was a kid with not enough willpower, nor intellect, nor, frankly, the mental maturity to clear things up. And as someone that knows what excessive guilt (not about causing harm to someone, but keeping secret about something scarring I experienced in my life in my case) can do to your mentality and ability to reach out, I do personally put the least blame on her at least.

Though I am hoping that it is a translation thing that makes them say "mistake" rather than "injury". Cause what state he is in, isn't a "mistake" it is a critical wound so bad that he doesn't even lash out and shout what his experience was. Seriously, he is so subdued that he can't even show anger, even when he feels like he should.

I know how that feels, and it hurts just as much, if not more than any guilt. To feel like things are boiling under the surface, but thinking you cannot let it out without things just repeating. Fellow folk that had abusive parent know the feeling I suspect.

And as someone that knows what excessive guilt (not about causing harm to someone, but keeping secret about something scarring I experienced in my life in my case) can do to your mentality and ability to reach out
She didn't do it because she was scared of the backlash, not because she felt guilty.
Though I am hoping that it is a translation thing that makes them say "mistake" rather than "injury".
It was probably 過ち in the raws, so "Mistake" it is.

Users who are viewing this thread