Nyanta to Pomeko ~Imasara Shinjiteiru to Iwarete mo Mouteokureda~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
She didn't do it because she was scared of the backlash, not because she felt guilty.

It was probably 過ち in the raws, so "Mistake" it is.
I mean, the fear of the backlash isn't exactly removed from the guilt part. They do connect quite a lot.

Dex-chan lover
How hows about you just leave my man alone and dont engage in his life anymore? You already ruined it once

How hows about you just leave my man alone and dont engage in his life anymore? You already ruined it once
The author went for the "He forgives them despite them doing nothing at all" route. The "Family" comes closest to beginning the process, but the fact that forgiveness is starting this early on is still a major issue.

Dex-chan lover
The author went for the "He forgives them despite them doing nothing at all" route. The "Family" comes closest to beginning the process, but the fact that forgiveness is starting this early on is still a major issue.
Personally, i would've broken the blonde glasses girl's nose the second she tried to play off falsely accusing me of sexual assault and lying about it for years as "not a big deal" i was seeing red on that chapter. I know its just a story but i applaud the main character because he handed things much better than i would've given my personal history. The way these characters handle things genuinely disgusts me.

Dex-chan lover
The author really just said "mistake", even if it was a mistake or an accident, mistakes can get people killed to put it bluntly. Mistakes can be the life or death of someone. The fact the characters don't understand the full weight of their actions, is so fucking stupid.

Personally, i would've broken the blonde glasses girl's nose the second she tried to play off falsely accusing me of sexual assault and lying about it for years as "not a big deal" i was seeing red on that chapter. I know its just a story but i applaud the main character because he handed things much better than i would've given my personal history. The way these characters handle things genuinely disgusts me.
I wouldn't call "Passively ignoring them, then forgiving them all in the end for no reason" "handling things better". The step-mother did the most to redeem herself in this story, but she's also by far the most culpable. The step-sister was just "nice" to him until he finally caved. Meanwhile the others did that narcissist thing where they show up back in your life like nothing happened.
The author really just said "mistake", even if it was a mistake or an accident, mistakes can get people killed to put it bluntly. Mistakes can be the life or death of someone. The fact the characters don't understand the full weight of their actions, is so fucking stupid.
Meaning lost in translation. They're not talking about a "mistake" in the "Oopsie!" sense. They're talking about a general bad thing they did. A mistake, an error, an indiscretion. The point is they did something wrong.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't call "Passively ignoring them, then forgiving them all in the end for no reason" "handling things better". The step-mother did the most to redeem herself in this story, but she's also by far the most culpable. The step-sister was just "nice" to him until he finally caved. Meanwhile the others did that narcissist thing where they show up back in your life like nothing happened.

Meaning lost in translation. They're not talking about a "mistake" in the "Oopsie!" sense. They're talking about a general bad thing they did. A mistake, an error, an indiscretion. The point is they did something wrong.
I wouldn't know as i stopped reading at the diner scene

Contributor
"If bad rumors start going around about Makoto..."
??? Do you have rocks in your head? Bad rumors are exactly what led to him becoming like that in the first place. :question:

So Shizuka does have self-awareness... but every day she chose not to stand up for his innocence is a day she betrayed him.

"I was so shy back then so I didn't have friends."
So Makoto wasn't even a friend then? She's also a betrayer for letting the rumors of him sexually assaulting her go unchecked. This was also the most damaging out of all the rumors plaguing him, even worse than what Shizuka did or what the prankster bitches who followed her did. And here she was busy bathing in the attention and adoration of her newfound nerdy boy toys. Miyu is the worst out of all who hurt him. And this meeting is trying to tell me that Nanako and Kisaragi were somehow worse? Please.

A pity party of losers. They don't deserve redemption without at least trying to undo whatever damage they let happen in the first place. Only by trying to rehabilitate his tattered reputation can they even try to start. Anything else is a non-starter, including direct apologies that now have zero credibility for him.

What's even more unbelievable than all of them conveniently chasing after him now is Haruka getting Shizuka and Miyu who're supposed to be in love with him, onboard to support Anri who they all judge as a delinquent. Like, what?? I know I enjoy seeing these ignorant bitches suffer, but this is far too contrived even for me. Why would Shizuka and Miyu support Anri who isn't even their friend, let alone someone they think is an awful person? :questionblob:

A more realistic outcome is that despite this meeting these three then end up betraying each other, trying to get a head start on Makoto, by following their own self-interests which is what they've always done anyway all these years. I don't actually believe they're capable of supporting Pomeko, that's insane.

I remember that part and i still hate the sister until now, she didn't just participated to the rumors she's the core of the problem at home and she literally believe classmate over her brother

I remember that part and i still hate the sister until now, she didn't just participated to the rumors she's the core of the problem at home and she literally believe classmate over her brother
She didn't believe anything. She just went along with it to make sure her brother only had her to turn to.

What a bunch of garbage girls, AT LEAST they are trying to do the right thing, for they own selfish reasons

Dex-chan lover
You know what, I fuck with this. The way they have been written up to this chapter was very cartoonishly evil in the way they acted with him.

This chapter put these three in a new light for me. They still hadn't come to terms with what happened. Two of them were elementary schoolers who were idiot kids who didn't realize the effect time would have on being able to get the MC out of trouble and one of them didn't even quite understand what had happened until it was too late.

Of course their attitudes until now have been really horrible but ngl this manga is just poorly written in general, I'm not surprised they went from so dismissive and arrogant to trying to be redeemed.

I like how their resolves now are to stay out of his life and not meddle anymore. They're not pushing for those two to get together, they're just trying to get the other girls out of their way and you know what, I like that for them. That's the right move as far as I'm concerned.

Aggregator gang
Why is everyone making this so deep xD
Kids made huge blunders and they are trying to move on but be better going forward.

As if anyone who made huge blunders in the past ends up going to everyone and explaining them.

What do you guys expect them all to announce their past mistakes during a school assembly and beg for forgiveness?

Dex-chan lover
This is the second manga I've read where the MC was pretty much betrayed by every female figure in his life. I just want one where he blows up at each girl, telling them exactly why they suck and why they should go fuck themselves. Obviously not all in one chapter, but each as an arc

Users who are viewing this thread