Nyanta to Pomeko ~Imasara Shinjiteiru to Iwarete mo Mouteokureda~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I didn't drop it and read for at least one more chapter.

This was hilarious. I was laughing throughout all of it in this kind of meta, bad writing way.

I'll put aside the massive over dramatization. When it got to the father not having a face and instantly being supportive of the MC, it was so funny. Like, there are few ways to make this more harem genre. The author couldn't have a deceased father because someone needs to give permission for the MC to publish his book, and the author already demonized the stepmother. The solution was to make the father as much of a non-character as possible.

And then the part where the MC just decided to move out in the span of like, two minutes. A major life decision to move out. Suggested by someone other than himself. He didn't even think about the details, and it just looked so shallow.

This was so funny. Laughing at the bad writing is the only way for me to get through this garbage.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I didn't drop it and read for at least one more chapter.

This was hilarious. I was laughing throughout all of it in this kind of meta, bad writing way.

I'll put aside the massive over dramatization. When it got to the father not having a face and instantly being supportive of the MC, it was so funny. Like, there are few ways to make this more harem genre. The author couldn't have a deceased father because someone needs to give permission for the MC to publish his book, and the author already demonized the stepmother. The solution was to make the father as much of a non-character as possible.

And then the part where the MC just decided to move out in the span of like, two minutes. A major life decision to move out. Suggested by someone other than himself. He didn't even think about the details, and it just looked so shallow.

This was so funny. Laughing at the bad writing is the only way for me to get through this garbage.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees the awful writing. Maybe LN is better, but the adaptation is so all over the place...

Dex-chan lover
what the heck is this bitches talking about. leave them alone is the best support you guys can give.

Dex-chan lover
I still hate these people with a passion, but at least they've reached the point where they've acknowledged they were the ones who fucked up. They're the reason this boy has locked his heart away from everyone. And the first step in resolving any kind of problem is recognizing that there is one.

As scathing as Makoto's words were, his step-mother needed to hear it. She (and all of them really) needed to hear from his own mouth how much they've hurt him. She was supposed to be a parent to him, and when he needed her most, she turned her back on him. Whatever shallow heartache she's going through right now is NOTHING compared to what he endured. At least she can still FEEL that pain. Not that she's much better, but at least his step-sister now knows to back away and let the guy have the space he needs. Trying to force the 'happy family' act to sweep it all under the rug, hoping he'll 'come around eventually' is NOT going to work here.

As much as I'd love for Makoto to just continue keeping all of them at a distance until he graduates, and then just disappear and go NC with all of them, it's probably going to go the reconciliation route, which is going to be a very long and rocky path to tread for all parties involved.

tl;dr-
That whole family needs to go to therapy. Including dear ol' dad, if he ever deigns to shelve work for a minute and put his parental responsibility where his mouth is.

Dex-chan lover
Now I'm starting to feel like there's an unreliable narrator at play, because these events and the reactions to them are way too disastrous and hyperbolic to be real. Delusional MCs with a warped POV and overblown ego are typical in these kinds of stories. I mean, he's a writer so making stuff up is what he does.
Poor use of 'show, don't tell'. He's supposed to be a pariah but he's not even bullied, and people actually keep trying to get him to snap out of it. He sure does display this petty, narcissistic, gloomy, lone wolf attitude that's clearly destroying his life more than any old rumors.

It is kind of too late for the step mom for all this time, let alone the heartache is still linger since elementary... that is long way to ask forgiveness now

Dex-chan lover
I can't completely condemn the stepmom at this point. Clearly, she's had a lot of time to see her mistakes and she's been trying to atone for it.

As a kid once who had a really hard time in school and even past that, it's super easy for me to relate to the main character here.
And as a parent now, I understand perfectly how easy it is to make mistakes as a father and how hard it is to roll back and make up for it.
But out of everyone, she is the one that has no excuse for actions. She was already an adult. Not a kid or teen that are easily swayed by other's words and actions. Her mind isn't nearly as malleable as that of the other kids. They at least have some excuses. She has none. Zero. Nada.

Seriously, I think I have mentioned it in other mangas discussions, but my mother was very mentally abusive. It wasn't until I was around 20 when she realized the mental damage she had done and started trying to make up for it.

Do I still love her after all that? Yes. Do I hate her? Also yes.
But over the past 13 years she has made constant effort in being more understanding, listening and respecting boundaries, personal space and so on. To the point that the hate has lessened by a huge degree. Not gone mind you. I don't think it will ever be fully gone. But nowadays I can actually care for her and deal with her on daily basis without my heart going wild and my hands shaking from stress and fear. Merely a dull ache in my chest. Hugs from her still feel unpleasant though.

Well, my point being, I can see the other girls being able to make up for their actions in one way or another by genuinely showing their sincerity. It won't heal their relationships, but it should help his wounds to heal. But the mother? She is going to have a lifetime of work to make up for her deeds.

Fed-Kun's army
"Not their fault"
DAMN RIGHT IS IT THEIR FAULT! THEY SAT AROUND, SLANDERED YOUR NAME, AND LET YOUR NAME BE SLANDERED.
This might be the worst shit I've read since the convenience store manga with that girl who can MAGICALLY loses all of her memories as a trauma mechanism or smth... this shit is ass.

Contributor
You know he's broken so badly when even he doesn't assign blame to the three girls for breaking him, and he doesn't even feel any dislike, contempt or resentment for getting hurt so badly.

Finally he gets one more ally in his father. It's not much and way too late, but it's a start when Pomeko is all he has right now.

Wait, how did a confrontation with his stepmother turn into him getting told to leave the house? Although that would probably help him heal faster instead of living in that house filled with crying snakes. Living alone would indeed be a better option in his situation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread