Nyanta to Pomeko ~Imasara Shinjiteiru to Iwarete mo Mouteokureda~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I’m suprised just how little time is being wasted, I appreciate how straightforward this is being and the pacing so far ain’t to bad either
I knew right. The pacing is solid. Romance manga usually aren't this fast, but it felt not rushed either.

If only all romance manga were like this. And then we have the shitty Rent Girlfriend...

Dex-chan lover
Well there's also his father
Yeah, I was conflicted about the father because he didn't really help him get away from his step mother or sister or even the school. I would say the father is objectively better than a lot of characters in the manga, but he still allowed his son to be treated horribly. I assume the father must of been aware of the rumors, but didn't do anything to help Shinjou.

I honestly don't know why his parents kept Shinjou at the same school as the girls or that the girls parents didn't try to get him expelled.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I was conflicted about the father because he didn't really help him get away from his step mother or sister or even the school. I would say the father is objectively better than a lot of characters in the manga, but he still allowed his son to be treated horribly. I assume the father must of been aware of the rumors, but didn't do anything to help Shinjou.

I honestly don't know why his parents kept Shinjou at the same school as the girls or that the girls parents didn't try to get him expelled.
honestly what is he supposed to do though? he's constantly away for work, and it's not like calling the school to address the rumors will do anything. and besides, you can only emotionally support someone so much when you're always busy with work along with trying to talk to them on the phone. it was really up to his step mother and we all know what she did to help. there really wasn't much he could do

Dex-chan lover
honestly what is he supposed to do though? he's constantly away for work, and it's not like calling the school to address the rumors will do anything. and besides, you can only emotionally support someone so much when you're always busy with work along with trying to talk to them on the phone. it was really up to his step mother and we all know what she did to help. there really wasn't much he could do
Fair point, it just seemed like Shinjou had no one he trusted which to me at least included the father even though he was absent. The father sort of abandoned Shinjou on his step mother and only provided money to them. My main problem is the father shouldn't of allowed the Mother and step sister to emotionally abuse Shinjou. He didn't even end up helping Shinjou get away from his abusers, besides giving his consent to publish Shinjou's book. At least to me it seemed the father didn't really do anything to raise either child, so I can't really say he's a that good of a person, besides providing for the family.

Dex-chan lover
Fair point, it just seemed like Shinjou had no one he trusted which to me at least included the father even though he was absent. The father sort of abandoned Shinjou on his step mother and only provided money to them. My main problem is the father shouldn't of allowed the Mother and step sister to emotionally abuse Shinjou. He didn't even end up helping Shinjou get away from his abusers, besides giving his consent to publish Shinjou's book. At least to me it seemed the father didn't really do anything to raise either child, so I can't really say he's a that good of a person, besides providing for the family.
you can't really call him bad either. He's just absent but the moment MC talked to him, he was being supportive.

It's just a bad case of horrible work-life balance for him.

Dex-chan lover
He . . . Moved to the new house after that night? Whoa, that actually escalated way quickly. But looking back in my days when I moved out for collage. I understand that decision very well. What he needed is a break from being in the same house with people he cant even trust. And as he stated, he even often go out to food court after school. He doesnt even enjoy being in home anymore. And since hes privelege enough that hes family has another house, and his parents and sister supported it, moving out was the best decision for him.

The sad part is . . . . . as I said, he is privelege to have those supports. A lot of people having similar shoes as him dont.

Also, I uuuhhhh . . . find it nice that Satou is trying to redeem but not shoving it to Shinjous face. Its a small effort, and I understand its not enough, her road is still veeeeeeeeeery long. But its a progress nonetheless. Which I find nice.

And we finally get to know why Shinozuka stopped writing. Damn man, being betrayed by her bestie, Momo and if thats not bad enuff Momo even guilt tripped her to move on, and then theres the group of bullies arse. Holy sh*t. Ngl, at the veeeery least Shinjou's ex friends, sister, and mom are still able to realise their past very inside killing behaviours and be willing to try to make efforts to redeem. But these bullies??? Not a chance.

Lastly I find it very cute for Shinjou to call Shinozuka precious friend at last. Maybe he put up an act so the bullies leave? Or a slip of tounge? I think thats whats inside his real heart. But he put acts to say not to be friends to shield himself. A good progress Id say.

Honestly I’m suprised just how little time is being wasted, I appreciate how straightforward this is being and the pacing so far ain’t to bad either
And yeahhhh! I agree alot here. Our boy waste no time for nothin!

But uhhh . . . . That last part about "being ok to be betrayed by him" is kinda . . . . . off putting for me. I dont know . . . .

That was a long writing lol, alot I wanted to talk about in this chapter. Thanks as always for the scanlation Mangascammerrrss!!!

Contributor
We're not friends. We're lovers.
Well, the fiction that they're not friends is over now at least. Let's go!

Finally, more about Anri's side. Seems she's a victim of vicious bullying by the typical mean girls clique. A more common scenario than his trauma, but also very painful nonetheless. Wow, a reverse pickup scenario for Makoto. Too bad for them they're all nasty bitches who don't deserve his time. Well, at least this confirms that he IS handsome, which helps explain a little why he's being pursued all of a sudden.

But please do mind betrayal. Focusing on trust and love is great, but betrayal means trust is broken and love is dead.

Man its so cringeeee bro, the jerks are so cringe, but at least the romance is very cute and the pace is pretty good too,

I didn't feel like replying to the teacher's advice last chapter but it's bugged me enough now to get me to make an account. What she is talking about isn't trust, it is LOVE, when someone betrays you if you are sane, you will lose trust in them, so a friendship is always damaged in proportion to the betrayal. As an avid reader, not minding someone betraying you just sounds like being hopelessly in love, willing to grasp at whatever straws you can to keep the relationship going.

Of course, that isn't the healthiest form of love and the teacher saying "not minding being betrayed" is misleading and incorrect because it isn't that someone who loves another won't mind being betrayed, but that they want the relationship to work out for the sake of their own happiness so badly that they will accept being betrayed if it happens, just some healthy risk-taking.

Last edited:
It's not a bad manga. It's got a good premise. And I like the direction they go in. But the issue is the execution.

If this were more polished and bit more stretched out it would actually be very good imo.

Still a decent fun read because of how weird it is though lol

Users who are viewing this thread