Obentou Uri wa Seijo-sama! ~Isekai Musume no Atta ka Recipe~

man I was worried this was gonna be another one of those superiOr nIPPOn cuisINe mangas but it's not really so far

I'm enjoying this more then I thought it would. I also thought it was gonna be like "superior nippon cuisine!" isekai, but so far, it isn't. The protag is merely introducing modern ideas (a lot of them western) to a more medieval/fantasy world.

There's also a surprising amount of world building in this, a lot of thought went into how mana and magic works in this world.

Dex-chan lover
Look I enjoy a good food manga but I have to ask did the original translation call mayo plus ketchup a bechamel? The mother sauce is a flour roux (starch heated with a fat) that milk is added to in order to make a sauce. The combo of mayo and ketchup is typically called fry sauce.

me: enjoys the chemistry between ML and FL, checks tags
tags: no romance
me: tears

fingers crossed I want some romance between MC and Randy cause they are so freaking cute

i was wondering when the mean bish was going to show up :,) was beginning to hope that this manga wouldn't have one,,,,, guess i hoped for too much lmao
thanks for the translations!!

I didn’t notice it until now, but her shirt is interesting it opens up at the top to show the shirt underneath.

I wanted to read this, but after seeing the times between chapter releases, I’m definitely rethinking that lmao

For those who are wondering if there's romance involved down the line:

Spoiler-free version: It happens but the story kinda doesn't develop on it, so don't expect too much. Mostly it's just Mahiru and her cooking adventures + additional side quests that require her magic LOL

Heavy Novel Spoilers:

Shortly after manga's Chap 6, Mahiru realises she likes Randy BUT they hardly get any scenes after that.
Randy doesn't show a single hint of interest other than a bittttt of jealously and concern here and there. See: he forcibly send her back to Japan cause he was worried her "Saint" status will invite more trouble for her. THEN Mahiru somehow finds a way back to Randy and accidentally confesses that she likes Randy but he kinda just went ??? cause he's dense af

After many chapters and some stuff happened, Darius thanks Mahiru for saving the townspeople and kissed her on her hand to transfer some magic (even though he didn't have to) and Randy was like "...".

Yeap there is almost 0 elements of romance; it's not enough I'm crying I NEED MORE

Users who are viewing this thread