Obtaining Raws Question

Hi! I've been wanting to start scanlating a few chapters that seem to be missing from a manga and I've got some money set aside to buy chapters digitally. This is my first time doing this.

The problem is this: I haven't been able to determine if there are any sites that let you download manga once you've purchased it. I bought a volume from one site, but it only let me look at it in the web viewer, which meant I was only able to get a PNG file by going into fullscreen and using Print Screen. It's not the best quality, but it's at least passable.

I plan on using this method for this volume since I've already bought it and everything, but are there other sites that would be more helpful in the future? Do I just need to import a physical volume and scan it on my own if I want higher resolution?

Any advice you can give helps.

Thanks!

- ValiantAMM

Group Leader
I don't know, I never bought any manga, but checking website you give using httpcanary they using wss connection (I don't even know wtf that shit) and from sample manga they give me, here their quality :

BCP000 352{"version":"2.00","scenes":[{"sceneNo":3,"backColor":0,"effectType":0,"effectTime":0,"repeatTimes":1,"steps":[{"posX":0,"posY":0,"scrollTime":0,"effect":[],"overlayImageIndexes":[]}],"sceneImageWidth":843,"sceneImageHeight":1200,"sceneImagePartition":1,"images":[{"format":"jpeg","width":843,"height":1200,"posX":0,"posY":0,"key":64989,"effect":[]}]}]}001 123516����JFIF��;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 60

or as I can read like this : file format: jpeg, quality: 60 (it's suck I know) size: 1200x843 px

Dex-chan lover
> I haven't been able to determine if there are any sites that let you download manga once you've purchased it.

Not a single website will let you download manga in plain format.

If it allows downloading then it requires some proprietary viewer because images are encrypted there.

If it's browser viewer then most likely images are scrambled (something like this but with elements much smaller) or sometime encrypted (XOR but finding key aren't simple). Reverse engineering scripts here are major pain in the ass :/

If you can't hack pc/browser viewer by yourself you can try google for some scripts. I heard there's scripts for Kobo books but I don't use it so I won't comment here.

TL;DR: If you aren't into programming/scripting you rather printscreen or use public raws. Or import and scan physical volumes.

Thanks for the feedback all! I guess I'll stick to printscreen and public raws for the time being.

Group Leader
@ValiantAMM Sorry for the late reply. Since I can't seem to find anything about removing the DRM on that website, my suggestion would be to try Bookwalker if the manga you want is on there. I found a neat tool that allows you to download the images descrambled.

Users who are viewing this thread