Occult-chan wa Katarenai - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Youko Takashashi Wants To Help

Dex-chan lover
Really not on board with Big Mama and her methods. You're really trying to convince us that a single, wheelchair-bound elderly woman is sufficiently parenting at least 12 children who all have special needs currently, and wants to take on even more? Not only that, she actively kidnaps demis even if they don't want to come like Zashiko, and keeps an eye on people who aren't even demis like Megumi because her judgment is not perfect. Heck, she lets the kid who actively wants to eat everything be on "the front lines"! It's like she wants to traumatize her abductees so they're even more desperate to cling to her. And am I really expected to believe she gives the parents she talks to any real information or choice, considering she will abduct them on her own and isn't willing to really tell Youko anything despite her being a powerful demi who insisted on more information.

Honestly the most damning thing to me is the fact the police don't know about her or her operations, despite the fact that in this universe the demis have an insane amount of support from the government in the form of social services.

Contributor
Really not on board with Big Mama and her methods. You're really trying to convince us that a single, wheelchair-bound elderly woman is sufficiently parenting at least 12 children who all have special needs currently, and wants to take on even more? Not only that, she actively kidnaps demis even if they don't want to come like Zashiko, and keeps an eye on people who aren't even demis like Megumi because her judgment is not perfect. Heck, she lets the kid who actively wants to eat everything be on "the front lines"! It's like she wants to traumatize her abductees so they're even more desperate to cling to her. And am I really expected to believe she gives the parents she talks to any real information or choice, considering she will abduct them on her own and isn't willing to really tell Youko anything despite her being a powerful demi who insisted on more information.

Honestly the most damning thing to me is the fact the police don't know about her or her operations, despite the fact that in this universe the demis have an insane amount of support from the government in the form of social services.
Oh yeah it's a total kidnapping cult. It's insane.

Users who are viewing this thread