Oda Nobunaga's Mysterious Profession Was Cheat Job From Magical Swordsman, So I Decided to Build a Kingdom - Vol. 8 Ch. 42

Dex-chan lover
oh, the ending is different with the LN, tbh i prefer this ending with the adventure continues vibe, compared to the LN
we're lucky to see his children appear in the end, since in the LN they only mentioned when the MC need to consider the political affair or power struggle between his children

well, its a bit shame we cant see his son profession, and once again, i prefer this ending

thank you very much for the translator to finish this work

Dex-chan lover
This series was weird. Had the overt tone of a standard, fantasy kingdom-building manga with a protagonist who acts like he's in those betrayal-heavy, intrigue/deception manhua. Perhaps realistic but tonally, felt inconsistent. I don't even know why he felt the need to plant the knife at the end.

Dex-chan lover
I don't even know why he felt the need to plant the knife at the end.
So they could dispose of him without many arguments sprouting up. If he had successfully given up the throne without an incident, he would have just been moved to an estate and be under house arrest (forever). But, anyone with an ounce of malicious intent, could use the fact that the former king was still alive as a rally point. To then rebel and prop him up as a puppet king. Was better to get rid of him without being questioned why.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god ! The fact that this chapter mentioned Yasuke of all people...
It's funny how this is brought up now (thanks to the translation) considering how relevant it has become.

Dex-chan lover
Haha. Love the idea that the mc is just so used to and obsessed with war that he can’t enjoy a life at peace and gave up the throne within a decade. ive Always been a fan of post-isekais where an mc s already had his big adventure and has to go back to living a normal life after years of constant combat

also, was kinda hoping mc would get some new skill when he became king like immortality or something. He got power ups for hitting milestones before

Dex-chan lover
MC that is just straight up cold, you've already taken everything from him and now you want to frame him for an assassination attempt on his sister and imprison him for life, MC definitely slit his throat after a year or two.

what was even the point of conquering a kingdom if you were just gonna bail and make a new kingdom after? wtf MC

Dex-chan lover
So they could dispose of him without many arguments sprouting up. If he had successfully given up the throne without an incident, he would have just been moved to an estate and be under house arrest (forever). But, anyone with an ounce of malicious intent, could use the fact that the former king was still alive as a rally point. To then rebel and prop him up as a puppet king. Was better to get rid of him without being questioned why.

Thanks for the TL
Yeah, I misspoke when I said "I don't know why". I knew why, it just added more to this weird, wishywashy piece.

The epilogue is all bright and golden, with all of his friends living on happily and the mess of his multiple marriages and claims to throne ignored. All built on the final, narrative act of framing and murdering his scared, powerless brother-in-law.

Hasse was even in the right because MC was planning to depose him from the very start. Our MC isn't dethroning a tyrant: he killed his brother-in-law for power that he ultimately threw away to play around with a subset of his harem. Basically did it for the 'chieve gamer score on his profile.

I guess I should've said "I don't know why this manga chose this outcome".

Dex-chan lover
Interesting end, still unsure I like how they planted a knife on the king but feels in line with wanting the transition as smooth as possible. Also brain farting on all the different children after the time skip, but it seems like everything worked out.

Dex-chan lover
MC that is just straight up cold, you've already taken everything from him and now you want to frame him for an assassination attempt on his sister and imprison him for life, MC definitely slit his throat after a year or two.

what was even the point of conquering a kingdom if you were just gonna bail and make a new kingdom after? wtf MC
With how many wives and children he has, it might be better to just build them their own countries and such. They might have to end up fighting over for the succession rights in the future if he didn't anyway.

Dex-chan lover

Thanks for the TL
Exactly. They’ve let Paffus slip so much it gave time for Hasse to cook his own rebellions so getting rid of the casus belli is important.

Users who are viewing this thread