Oda Nobunaga's Mysterious Profession Was Cheat Job From Magical Swordsman, So I Decided to Build a Kingdom - Vol. 8 Ch. 42

Dex-chan lover
Hasse was even in the right because MC was planning to depose him from the very start. Our MC isn't dethroning a tyrant: he killed his brother-in-law for power that he ultimately threw away to play around with a subset of his harem. Basically did it for the 'chieve gamer score on his profile.

I guess I should've said "I don't know why this manga chose this outcome".
Hasse was weak willed paranoid and utterly incapable of ruling without mc at his side.

Dex-chan lover
Don’t tell me Autorik’s job is Hideyoshi or Ieyasu lol
Nah, his job will be Nobutada Oda :pacman:

Actually, this kind of ending remind me with several character ending from Dynasty Warriors series, especially Sun Jian ending from Dynasty Warriors 5

Btw, the girls that following mc is supposed to be Nouhime and Ranmaru Mori?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hasse was weak willed paranoid and utterly incapable of ruling without mc at his side.
Weak-willed, sure. But he was rightly paranoid of his insanely ambitious vassal with more military power than him and a marriage claim on his throne. We don't know how he would have ruled a land in peace with loyal vassals that shored up where he was weak.
Idk why you're trying to villify him?

Dex-chan lover
oh, the ending is different with the LN, tbh i prefer this ending with the adventure continues vibe, compared to the LN
we're lucky to see his children appear in the end, since in the LN they only mentioned when the MC need to consider the political affair or power struggle between his children

well, its a bit shame we cant see his son profession, and once again, i prefer this ending

thank you very much for the translator to finish this work
how did the LN end?

Dex-chan lover
MC that is just straight up cold, you've already taken everything from him and now you want to frame him for an assassination attempt on his sister and imprison him for life, MC definitely slit his throat after a year or two.

what was even the point of conquering a kingdom if you were just gonna bail and make a new kingdom after? wtf MC
He did say he was going to conquer the world. Theoretically, rather than leading one huge empire and slowly expanding, it would be easier (sort of) to build/find/take over smaller kingdoms as an independent faction while trusting control of your original empire to a trusted confidant, then assimilate those smaller kingdoms under the banner of the empire.

You know what this sounds like? That's right baby, Starbucks franchising.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I misspoke when I said "I don't know why". I knew why, it just added more to this weird, wishywashy piece.

The epilogue is all bright and golden, with all of his friends living on happily and the mess of his multiple marriages and claims to throne ignored. All built on the final, narrative act of framing and murdering his scared, powerless brother-in-law.

Hasse was even in the right because MC was planning to depose him from the very start. Our MC isn't dethroning a tyrant: he killed his brother-in-law for power that he ultimately threw away to play around with a subset of his harem. Basically did it for the 'chieve gamer score on his profile.

I guess I should've said "I don't know why this manga chose this outcome".
Nobunaha was betrayed irl, so they tied up any loose ends. A former king is one hell of a loose end

Dex-chan lover
how did the LN end?
its basically after the coronation, the mc discuss about succession problem between his child with serafina and his child with lumiel, and... thats it
no mention about what happen to the rest of his army, even his children didnt appear at all in the LN
thats why this manga does a good job by finally depicting what happen to everyone and solution the succession problem between his children, therefore the LN ending feels very lackluster compared to the manga

Dex-chan lover
MC that is just straight up cold, you've already taken everything from him and now you want to frame him for an assassination attempt on his sister and imprison him for life, MC definitely slit his throat after a year or two.

what was even the point of conquering a kingdom if you were just gonna bail and make a new kingdom after? wtf MC
Pretty sure in the LN Hasse was striaght up killed shortly after this os yeah
lmao
And as commenter said above me the ending in the LN rly just uuh
just kinda ended
It was like yeah you did it nice job dude and thats it

Dex-chan lover
That was an interesting read, definitely enjoyed it. It was definitely awkward at some points, but I enjoyed the ride regardless.

Dex-chan lover
This is a bad series, essentially repackaged the history of Oda Nobunaga in an isekai shell that makes very little sense. All the battles and strategies were taken from Oda's historical approach, but done badly. Glad it is cancelled.

Dex-chan lover
Weak-willed, sure. But he was rightly paranoid of his insanely ambitious vassal with more military power than him and a marriage claim on his throne. We don't know how he would have ruled a land in peace with loyal vassals that shored up where he was weak.
Idk why you're trying to villify him?
Not necessarily saying he’s a villain but he broke when things started to go south for him. We’ve seen several other men in this series lose everything and go to their death and they handled it far better than he did (been a bit but I’m thinking of mc s brother in law and father in law). You need a king who can handle that pressure

Dex-chan lover
Nah, his job will be Nobutada Oda :pacman:

Actually, this kind of ending remind me with several character ending from Dynasty Warriors series, especially Sun Jian ending from Dynasty Warriors 5

Btw, the girls that following mc is supposed to be Nouhime and Ranmaru Mori?
Seraphina is basically a parallel to Nōhime but Laviala…not sure, owing due to the lack of known archers of Nobunaga’s era (IIRC by this point the Samurai have transitioned from the bow to the Katana/Tachi as the prestige weapon)

Dex-chan lover
Ranmaru Mori in basara series is using bow, i guess thats the reason why i tough the elf girl is ranmaru mori (even tough in Samurai Warriors he use nodachi)

Group Leader
This is a bad series, essentially repackaged the history of Oda Nobunaga in an isekai shell that makes very little sense. All the battles and strategies were taken from Oda's historical approach, but done badly. Glad it is cancelled.
It didn't get cancelled it was allowed to tell the full story the author wanted to tell

Dex-chan lover
3 weird things...
  • 12 years is a lot, besides Lumie all the cast were already in their 40s, only the kids were shown older.
  • how come Mc didn't have kids with his other wives, specially with Fleur!!
  • finally it feels super weird how Talsha acted with Autorik, it still her stepson, and it sounded like she already done it with the boy.

most of the series was enjoyable, the end felt a little rushed, but still a nice read. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread