Odori-Tomaki

Group Leader
@Haruhater

Sorry for the late response, I guess I don't get notifications on this page! I would love to see the raws if you have a link.

Hello there,
About "Hagure Idol Jigokuhen", in my opinion:
1) The Misora's boss Sanada Hikaru was modelled after the actor Sanada Hiroyuki.
2) Victor Iba, with that thick beard, sharp stares, and act like a Samurai in the early 3 chapters, it most likely modelled after the late actor Mifune Toshiro.

That's it, you may already knew about that, but thanks anyway for your hard translation work.

Hi there! About the Brazilian names that came into the Manga in the last chapters, you did a great research research on their spelling!

In Brazil we received migrants from all over the world, and Brazilians are creative when naming their kids, but I have a few comments and corrections about the most usual writing of Brazilian names :

Elena Silva: Perfect Brazilian name. "Helena" is the most common form, but "Elena" works just fine.

Maria Luisa Ribeira: This is a really unusual family name in Brazil. While it's not impossible (anything goes for Brazilian names) her last name probably is "Riveira". Other possible common name is "Ribeiro", but I believe the last syllable is clear as a "ra" in Japanese. Still, this was a nice translation as usually foreign folks write "Riveira" as "Riviera"

Emmanuella Velazquez: Kudos for "Emmanuella"! Brazilians love to flourish their kids names, so while "Emanuela" is the most common spelling, having a lot of double consonants is as Brazilian as caipirinha and samba. But "Velazquez", while not impossible (again, anything goes here) is the Spanish spelling of this name. In Brazil the usual form is "Velasquez", with an S.

Thanks for the great work and high quality translation of this Manga!

Group Leader
@ogro_himself Thanks for writing this up! This was really informational. It can be challenging to translate the names over from Japanese, so I need all the help I can get. For example, Elena Silva was written as "Erena Shiruba" in katakana. The reason why I ultimately translated Maria's name the way I did is because that's how it was transliterated on Japanese sites... But I don't know if that was the official intent of the author, or if these Japanese guys also messed up the "Riveira/Ribeiro" split. I didn't realize I messed up "Velazquez." As an American, I'm much more used to the Spanish spellings of Latin American names. From now on, I'm going to write it with the proper "Velasquez," thank you!

welcome back!!!!!

i have have been pining and mourning and standing at the cape waiting for your ship to return, and by the heavens i knew it would!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread