Odoriba ni Skirt ga naru - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Bound and unwound

Dex-chan lover
What a great chapter. Kiki really fought hard but what Michiru did at the end was the right move IMO. She can't keep hurting herself. Kiki also needed that to get the proverbial kick in the butt. Also with the return of her sister, she'll get that "1, 2 punch" that'll help her move forward. I think Kiki has had it tough this whole series. I hope things ease up for her.

Also I am sorry but I feel like half, if not more of romance series always have the "What does it mean to love" issue. Not really an issue as they are almost always youth figuring shit out but it always jolts my brain into disgust when I see it. I feel bad haha.

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate, Kiki's "dress" and "suit." Shion admires Kiki's comfort in her "dress," and desires to be part of that happiness. But, she realizes their relationship dynamic differs. It's not the attire but the partner that matters.

It's a Kiki and Michiru thing. Shio can't swoop in at the last moment, as with her, Kiki reverts to her old, uncomfortable "suit." Shio is not the right partner. She can only think the dress looks good, while Michiru says it.

Meanwhile, Kiki begins to understand her feelings. It seems she'll soon understand the phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder," and hopefully not "ya snooze, ya lose." Also, big Sis is back!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Me and my Homies hate Shion 🤝

Guess her Sister appearing is either going to cause more Drama of her Sister either disapproving/trauma dumping her own situation on Kiki, or its going to push progress..

Honestly not a huge fan of mangas going the philosophical route of "What even is love, to love, or be loved ?¿?¿"

Dex-chan lover
Honestly not a huge fan of mangas going the philosophical route of "What even is love, to love, or be loved ?¿?¿"
Feel you 100%. I feel like going the route of "I've never truly fallen in love before. What do I want in a relationship? What do I want to do?" Is more apt. But nah we get Nietzsche over here lol. Guess I am being harsh over a minute thing.

Supporter
That was one of my favorite chapters. It was so heartwarming and they danced superbly. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

they both looked great in their outfits together!

the sudden gap michiru made i feel is in part for kiki to start learn more about her feelings as well as to stop pushing herself so hard. like kiki is pushing herself to a limit with all she has to process and do.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the great chapter~
My brain kept focusing on just how fucked up the performance probably looked from the audience and it kinda killed it for me lol

Double-page supporter
Kiki has a low self-esteem and I get how she doesn't understand why michiru likes her when kiki doesn't even like herself. So, she doesn't see any qualities in herself that would make someone love her. This type of drama is definitely needed in this series, I personally would like this rather than making them be together just for the sake of a happy ending. We do need to realize that kiki is insecure about herself and she needs to overcome that, and having a relationship right off the bat isn't what she needs right now.

Shion is saving the dance by thinking fast and switching with Michiru after Kiki couldn't keep up, making it look like part of the performance, then sends her back to Michiru after realizing that leading doesn't suit Kiki anymore, yet people here keep hating her lol.

Shion is naive and did stupid, but her concerns were valid, even if she acted out of jealousy. Kiki did injure herself in confusion after all.

Kiki used OUTBURST! Kiki is confused!
cover5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread