Of Course, I'll Claim Palimony! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20.1

Dex-chan lover
So, she tamed the "heroine"...
Funny in a way, but I'm starting to think the story should have ended after the "broken engagement" event.
Maybe an epilogue chapter or two, but it seems like the story is set to continue for a while.

Dex-chan lover
Funny in a way, but I'm starting to think the story should have ended after the "broken engagement" event.

Agreed.

It is the main problem of these sorts of stories whose focus is 'revenge' of some sort.

The moment the revenge or deliverance of justice is completed, then 90% of what was interesting in the story is entirely gone. It leaves very little to continue with.

I've read a number of mangas that involves some sort of revenge against someone. A lot of them being 'go back in time' isekai. And the moment they get their revenge it will rapidly start to decline.

Dex-chan lover
The captain really does seem like the nice older brother type. Thanks for the scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you become righteous only because you don't kill anyone. Ask his victims how righteous they think he was.

Dex-chan lover

idk. unlike say kataraina in hamefura, yulia is far more interesting and engaging a protagonist that she can drive the story on her own. the annulment seemed more like a prologue imo. i want to see if rudnick can crack her shell.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you become righteous only because you don't kill anyone. Ask his victims how righteous they think he was.
I think the key word in labels like 'righteous pirate' or 'noble thief' is still 'pirate' or 'thief.' In the realm of fiction, it isn't about doing what is objectively morally correct (if such a thing even exists) so much as creating an interesting character who benefits from much of the mystique of being an outlaw while suffering little of the stigma, at least in the eyes of the audience. I sincerely doubt the victims of such characters are very impressed, or exclusively evil.

Dex-chan lover
So, she tamed the "heroine"...
Maybe an epilogue chapter or two, but it seems like the story is set to continue for a while.
Not true, we still have to get the money.
It is the whole thing that she will get her money for breaking the wedding.

Dex-chan lover
I sincerely doubt the victims of such characters are very impressed, or exclusively evil.
I think it's much the same as for soldiers of an enemy nation. There can't be conflict without at least two sides, and the less fortunate one isn't going to be pleased about it. Though as you say, a "free" spirit such as a pirate is more "romantic".

In this case it seems more about him being "redeemed" than an actual righteous pirate.

Dex-chan lover
What in the actual f*? Why is this biatch here?
It happened in the missing 17th chapter

Yulia felt that Banache's, uh, extremely vivid imagination could be better used to write (and sell) more storybooks under the Nogah publishing brand, and Matilda was overworked and needed an assistant anyway, so she was hired to kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Dex-chan lover
Agreed.

It is the main problem of these sorts of stories whose focus is 'revenge' of some sort.

The moment the revenge or deliverance of justice is completed, then 90% of what was interesting in the story is entirely gone. It leaves very little to continue with.

I've read a number of mangas that involves some sort of revenge against someone. A lot of them being 'go back in time' isekai. And the moment they get their revenge it will rapidly start to decline.

How do you know there isn't more to it later on? Many mangas have multiple arcs, over arching arcs, criss crossing. Not every manga is simplistic.

I dont' mind seeing women have a dick measuring contest.

Dex-chan lover
How do you know there isn't more to it later on? Many mangas have multiple arcs, over arching arcs, criss crossing. Not every manga is simplistic.

I feel like you didn't read my comment properly.

I was describing my problem with mangas that has revenge as a central plot/theme.

Yes it can have more later on, but it wont be focusing on what the manga was originally about; revenge.

I mean, just look at the title of the manga. The title doesn't relate to the after-revenge plots at all.

This is akin to a manga whose main story is about a shounen-esque teen who has to defeat the evil wizard or something, that when he wins and restores peace to the world, the manga continues and becomes a baseball manga for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
I forgot that this universe even have magic after the lack of their appearance lmao

Users who are viewing this thread