Of Course, I'll Claim Palimony! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18.2

Aggregator gang
I'd say you probably shouldn't do a single chapter and upload it if you don't intend to continue. Otherwise it's just a giant tease for anyone who actually really liked this manga.
It's not high on my radar so doesn't matter much to me, but if someone did that with a manga that I really love, only translating one chapter and then stopping, I'd be massively disappointed.
I do think that single chapter uploads are fine, as it builds exposure and gauges interest for the manga. I've seen many mangas where translations are stagnant for a year or two, someone uploads a quick translation, and a group picks it up (hoping that happens here, I like this manga!)

Dex-chan lover
I'd say you probably shouldn't do a single chapter and upload it if you don't intend to continue. Otherwise it's just a giant tease for anyone who actually really liked this manga.
It's not high on my radar so doesn't matter much to me, but if someone did that with a manga that I really love, only translating one chapter and then stopping, I'd be massively disappointed.
Disagree. Resurrecting a dropped manga will remind people, "hey, I remember this! I really liked it." and has a chance to prompt support for an official translation or a new team to scanlate.

Double-page supporter
Great job on the proofreading, it didn't feel like MTL at all while I was reading it!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this. It's nice to see some more life breathed into this.

That said, I am begging you to please translate chapter 17, and whatever else goes between the current chapter 16 and the listed chapter 18. I have no idea who these people are or what their relevance is, and the only chapter 17 I've been able to find in english is some little sidestory.

Dex-chan lover
Whoaa it's back :meguupog: this one has been missed, thank you!
It's actually officially licensed on manta (webtoon app) it have been officially translated to chapter 20 for like few months already, it's on hiatus since.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this. It's nice to see some more life breathed into this.

That said, I am begging you to please translate chapter 17, and whatever else goes between the current chapter 16 and the listed chapter 18. I have no idea who these people are or what their relevance is, and the only chapter 17 I've been able to find in english is some little sidestory.
U can read it on manta ( webtoon app) it got licensed few months ago, or try finding scans of official translation on bato if u don't wanna pay 8$ subscription (manta gives unlimited access to everything on their site so it's quite worth it tho)

Dex-chan lover
U can read it on manta ( webtoon app) it got licensed few months ago, or try finding scans of official translation on bato if u don't wanna pay 8$ subscription (manta gives unlimited access to everything on their site so it's quite worth it tho)
bato is the one that has the chapter 17 that doesn't lead into this one.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, the jump from 16 to 17 to 18 feels so abrupt.

16 feels like the ending to the series.
17 feels like an omake straight up.
18 starts off with 3 new faces from god knows where with 0 context.

The whiplash you get from reading these 3 chapters right after the other is ridiculous.

Banned
Chapter 17 was so bad it couldn't be uploaded; after reading it on a malware-infested mirror site, I can see why it isn't here.

While this MTL is still rough, it's not terrible; after reading the minimal-effort dogshit that somebody did for Ch17, this one was a breath of fresh air!

You really need to get an "English-as-a-first-language" proofreader, and with MTL being such a rough tool, well... you may need to give the PR a little compensation (€3/$5/¥500/£3); not much, but a lil' sump'in to say thanks can go a LONG WAY.
It's not a terrible thing, and it can really do wonders... but it's (obviously!) just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread