Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 22 - Tsumiki-san and Itsuki-san

Double-page supporter
So Itsuki and Kizuki both only have the left wolf ear, Natsuki's ears seem higher up on her head than the others, all four have the tail and claw-like nails, and Kizuki is the only one with normal sized feet. Its nice that the genjin have differences within the same species, it allows for a lot of variety with characters.
More like messed up genes because of mixing of different races

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter, but I'm very shocked there weren't any questions why she smelled like Yutaka.

Reminded me of Lythero skit with Amy from the sonic '06 stream

Sniff Sniff I smell the whore on you.

Dex-chan lover
PyVuVEK.png

New FFXVI DLC dropped, it's Torgal's nieces and nephew boss fight and they want your melons.

Supporter
I think you're underestimating dogs' (okay, wolves') sense of smell. My friend's dog absolutely knows when he's been near my cats, it's like she's been NTRed. She IS a husky, and pre-disposed to Drama, but...

Yutaka was near Itsuki for at least an hour and he had his filthy hands all over her... map. So maybe they wouldn't have noticed casually, and maybe Natsuki and Kizuki didn't know him well enough, but I absolutely think Tsumiki would have noticed when they were giving her the intense full body sniff scan.

But then this is a fluffy romcom so whatever works for whatever plot Morishita-sensei wants to tell!
You might be right, I did have a slight expectation the siblings would smell him on her.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like only Tsumiki herself would recognize Yutaka's scent mixed in with all the other humans; the other siblings have met him like, once. Tsumiki doesn't seem all that jealous and it's plausible she'd ask but it wouldn't produce an interesting story; Itsuki would just explain...the events of the chapter.
I wonder if maybe werewolves actually can transform in this setting, and maybe the kids don't have much control over it; so mom just stays 100% human, and Dad stays 100% wolfman.

Dex-chan lover
Really enjoy seeing how mature Yutaka is when it comes to these sorts of situations. He's a flawed character, as all good characters should be, since it leaves room for growth, but his flaw is so inward that from the outside perspective, especially in the ways he interacts with people, he shows this strong social awareness and willingness to help. It makes him a very pleasant character. I hate how in many teen manga the central characters are SOOO flawed that they can barely function as members of society until way later into the story. Here, both leads are lqrgely very healthy individuals, just some very specific failings to work through.

I only realised this chapter that most of the siblings have "moon" (tsuki) in their name, at least on the face of it. The exception being Tsumiki.
Tsumiki, Itsuki, Natsuki, Kizuki. Kizuki not being Kitsuki is probably a consonant change because of grammar rules. But I don’t speak the language, so this is effective just guessing.

Double-page supporter
Lads, tsumiki might be the wingmen of her own sister at this rate I can’t lie. One decision from the author can make this premise either way lol

Group Leader
I only realised this chapter that most of the siblings have "moon" (tsuki) in their name, at least on the face of it. The exception being Tsumiki.
Tsumiki, Itsuki, Natsuki, Kizuki. Kizuki not being Kitsuki is probably a consonant change because of grammar rules. But I don’t speak the language, so this is effective just guessing.
I think you're right on the tsuki thing, Tsumiki just has the 'mi' in between the tsu and ki. Though interestingly in the first weekly episode in the magazine, Tsumiki's name was originally given as the kanji 積木 which means 'stacking/volume' and 'tree/wood'. After that single time those kanji were never seen again, it just went to つみき (tsu mi ki). Maybe so she could do the tsuki thing with the siblings!

And yeah, often (but not always) when a word gets added to another word, the first syllable in the added word gets 'promoted' to a harder sound. Like しま ('shima', island) becomes じま ('jima') in the names of a lot of islands like Miyajima. Though there are other cases where it doesn't, like Enoshima. Critically, syllables are always promoted to the dakuten (two little marks in the upper right) version. か (ka) becomes が (ga), は (ha) becomes ば (ba), etc. In this case the つき (tsuki) becomes づき (dzuki). Dzu is often romanized to just zu (even though there's already ず for zu) just because the D is very soft and short, and if you see 'Kidzuki' the temptation is to pronounce it 'Kid-zoo-key' when it's really 'Key-dzoo-key'.

There's no rule on when something gets promoted like this, native Japanese speakers just seem to 'know' (ha gets promoted to ba a lot), and even they often disagree. I looked at a bunch of island names and could see no rhyme or reason between -shima or -jima.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, since I am apparently the only one not cool enough to know: What is the object in the last panel of page 14? Why is it "the sound of summer"?

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter, but I'm very shocked there weren't any questions why she smelled like Yutaka.
You think that him not sticking that close was the reason that none of his smell stuck on her? Like it most of the chapter, we see him giving her space

Dex-chan lover
He needs to know his wedding guests before inviting them, of course!

Users who are viewing this thread