Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Tsumiki-san's Den

Group Leader
Hey everywan, here's part 2 of our rescan efforts! Next up is chapter 3.

Special shoutout to Morishita-sensei for giving us this headache of an SFX to redraw. (pls stop)

DyRMfAj.gif

Dex-chan lover
I think this is still one of my favorite chapters. Those kiddos really took a liking to Yutaka, and they all noticed the spark between big sis and her friend. I really hope they all meet up again in a future chapter. Maybe include Yutaka's family as well!

Group Leader
I think this is still one of my favorite chapters. Those kiddos really took a liking to Yutaka, and they all noticed the spark between big sis and her friend. I really hope they all meet up again in a future chapter. Maybe include Yutaka's family as well!
Next chapter (22) is a 'sequel' to this with Tsumiki and all her siblings again (and a 1-panel silent cameo from Tsumiki-dad). Which is why we wanted to get this one out redone before that hits.

This chapter is three times as long as a normal chapter (1 was 4x!), 3-8 should be normal sized.

TL Notes:
  • Page 9 (with the awesome redraw): She actually says 'If he's selling fights I'll buy one!' which is a Japanese idiom that sounds a bit weird in English, so we went with 'fishing for a fight'.
  • Page 25 (Yutaka wall climbing): What he actually says is 'When in the town, do as the townspeople', which is another Japanese idiom. So for English 'When in Rome' is the very obvious version, and makes the last page last panel gag even better.
  • Page 31: Tsumiki actually says she's doing it to 'mount' her siblings. But that has too many connotations in English 🙀so just went with the intended meaning.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hey everywan, here's part 2 of our rescan efforts! Next up is chapter 3.

Special shoutout to Morishita-sensei for giving us this headache of an SFX to redraw. (pls stop)

DyRMfAj.gif
Sensei felt the the disturbance in the force ahead of time, this panel is the representation of her when the reactions came. Brace yourselves and cover your noses for the wailing hordes. Next chapter is upon us.

Dex-chan lover
TL Notes:
  • Page 9 (with the awesome redraw): She actually says 'If he's selling fights I'll buy one!' which is a Japanese idiom that sounds a bit weird in English, so we went with 'fishing for a fight'.
So did she originally say "I'll bite"? 'Cuz if she did, it means the foundation for the fangs vs feet war were laid all the way back here :wtf:

It's actually quite nice to read these through again as though they were new. I'm putting off rereads just to savor that feeling as they come out :glee:

Users who are viewing this thread