Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Tsumiki-san's Den

Page 25 (Yutaka wall climbing): What he actually says is 'When in the town, do as the townspeople', which is another Japanese idiom. So for English 'When in Rome' is the very obvious version, and makes the last page last panel gag even better.
Ah. So no connection to the later Unicorn character. It was only a remote possibility, but it kept tingling my mind…

Unrelated, the currently redone ch2p12 panel two probably has a typo, Yutaka likely meant to say "A mount …" or "A moun- tain …"

Group Leader
So did she originally say "I'll bite"? 'Cuz if she did, it means the foundation for the fangs vs feet war were laid all the way back here :wtf:

Nope, sorry fellow fang lover... she originally literally says 'If he's selling fights, I'll buy one.' No bites here yet at least.

Group Leader
Unrelated, the currently redone ch2p12 panel two probably has a typo, Yutaka likely meant to say "A mount …" or "A moun- tain …"

That's as intended - he trails off, and I figured where he cuts off depends on where the first syllable ends when you say it - 'moun-tain' or 'mount-ain'. I personally do it the first way (said it a few times out loud) so that's what you got! Apologies to all the 'mount-ain' people :oops:

Group Leader
I really like this TL. Mkes Ogami not sound as rude and overly forward.

Because of your comment I just reread our version side by side with the old version. I am extremely grateful to BonelessSushi for making us aware of this awesome series and doing 8 chapters, but that was apparently Google Translate - I checked by running some stuff through while reading this to see why we were different and yeah. BS is a pretty decent editor, obviously knew some GT answers were wrong and massaged them to be more sane and read better (and used the same 'When in Rome' thing I used). It is entirely readable and mostly correct, but you are going to miss some things that way. For instance that the words 住み処 in the title mean 'Den' because Google translates it as 'House' or 'Residence' by default.

And then of course we've got expert RD and TS (our stuff looks way better than MangaPlus even tries to do), so hopefully this version of the chapter is the best it can be - that's why we're redoing them, we 💗 Tsumiki.

That's as intended - he trails off, and I figured where he cuts off depends on where the first syllable ends when you say it - 'moun-tain' or 'mount-ain'. I personally do it the first way (said it a few times out loud) so that's what you got! Apologies to all the 'mount-ain' people :oops:
Ah, that explains it. For similar cases I’ve also seen a decreasing font size, too…
I know, I know, everyone’s a critic ;)

Dex-chan lover
Hey everywan, here's part 2 of our rescan efforts! Next up is chapter 3.

Special shoutout to Morishita-sensei for giving us this headache of an SFX to redraw. (pls stop)

DyRMfAj.gif

"Excessive Scanlation"?

Because of your comment I just reread our version side by side with the old version. I am extremely grateful to BonelessSushi for making us aware of this awesome series and doing 8 chapters, but that was apparently Google Translate - I checked by running some stuff through while reading this to see why we were different and yeah. BS is a pretty decent editor, obviously knew some GT answers were wrong and massaged them to be more sane and read better (and used the same 'When in Rome' thing I used). It is entirely readable and mostly correct, but you are going to miss some things that way. For instance that the words 住み処 in the title mean 'Den' because Google translates it as 'House' or 'Residence' by default.

And then of course we've got expert RD and TS (our stuff looks way better than MangaPlus even tries to do), so hopefully this version of the chapter is the best it can be - that's why we're redoing them, we 💗 Tsumiki.

Should I read chapters 3-7 now, or is your group also re-translate these and I should wait?

Users who are viewing this thread