Oh! My Prince!

Double-page supporter
@mizumachi maybe. Maybe it is like a prince and pauper story, except it's a switcheroo between prince and princess. If that didn't happen, I'd be extremely surprised because why else would they intentionally place the "we look exactly alike" part. However, I doubt that the other is alive ... they didn't say that the body was abducted. The way they stated it was that whoever died was confirmed dead, not missing. So if they did do a switcheroo, then it must've been. the prince who died and the princess is struggling with this new identity she is now forced to live in because she blatantly heard people say "glad it was the princess and not the prince."

@grumlen ah! I see, so. as in the princess is the one crosdressing as a boy. However, it's pretty hard to tell because the clothes that the "prince" is wearing wouldn't look off place if a girl wore it either. Guess this is another example of where the tags of the manga/manhwa ruins story twists. Although maybe this isn't that much of a story twist seeing that they already laid good hints in the beginning of a possible switcheroo.

@goodhunter
just take a look at the cover one is the mc and the other part has too much chest to be a man (gold brown iris is a dead give away)
ah man i cant wait till she grows up
as for the clues in the story they are very explicit direct and have mostly alreadt been mentioned by other commenters

but on the other hand they will need to be direct because this series will be finished at 90 something chapters

but it should realy realy loose the historical tag because its commiting way to many mistakes when compared to history

There's 94 chapters total, this is gonna be a ride!

This series is a HL people. Hetero love story. She's pretending to be her brother. It's so obvious. You can't read the raws on Daum webtoons for $0.18 (200 won)

The sex of the "prince" can be easily deduced
from the covers of the chapters, especially the last chapter. It seems the two of them somehow are brought back to recent South Korea early in the story, since the two of them appear in modern Western clothing and interact with East Asian people (also dressed in modern Western clothing). On the cover of the last chapter the two of them are shown wearing wedding attire, the princess wearing a wedding dress and the MC a tuxedo.
Since Korea doesn't allow same-sex marriage or its propagation it secure to assume both of them are married as man and woman the legal way.

Since everybody is Detective Conan here, just
take a look at the Theme. Crossdressing says enough, doesn‘t it?

Im quite surprise how many ppl are confuse with the prince.
The background story already had the typical "good thing X died instead of Y", which pretty much implied it is the opposite tht happen but hiding the truth to prevent disaster. That is a pretty common trope for crossdressing theme (and the tag on top as many mentioned)

When it says crossdressing, it can be both so im very confuse. It can be boy dressed as a girl or the other way round so... please help me

Supporter
I see so the Chinese chapters are only half as long as the Korean ones. So MadCat's version chapter 10 = Chapter 5 old group. "New" content starts from chap11

It is just my suspension,
but it is so obvious that this "prince" is the girl twin that was supposed to be killed. Så she "he" is the princess, not the "prince"

Supporter
@Khetar
I haven't even started reading, but between the covers, tags and description, it's a pretty obvious sign. Putri Harimau Nao did it a little better.

The Prince is 16 if the romance is going to be between the 2 main characters that would be illegal- I know it's set in ancient Egypt but still -

There's 94 chapters total, this is gonna be a ride! ALSO, they are translating from the CHINESE version and NOT the Korean version. The Korean version has longer episodes.

This series is an HL people. Hetero love story. She's pretending to be her brother. It's so obvious. You can read the raws on Daum webtoons for $0.18 (200 won).

While I'm interested in this, the quality of the new translations seems pretty off. Got nothing against translating from CN raws, but when the names are translated to 'Rosanne' for an Middle Eastern princess (as opposed to Roxana, name of the previous translator used and namesake of an actual historical princess/wife of Alexander The Great), and 'Marcus Zhao' which is, well. Off.

With how this is being handled, it seems more akin an pump n dump CN comic than an SK webtoon.

Power Uploader
They already mentioned that this has nothing to do with the current timeline. it's an alternate ancient Egypt when the first Pharoah name was unheard of when mentioned in one of the chapters. so moot point. or perhaps you would prefer a more Chinese-sounding name hmm? Try Chang Meng Zhao or something. No, I refuse. Don't be so cynical towards Chinese stuff. be more open about it. it's the same really. Don't be such a hangul weeb fag. cuz everyone likes to hate on the new guy right? cuz I'm less popular or less known in the KR translation community. why don't you get timelessleaf or Daum KR translators to do this. OH THATS RIGHT! it was left for 8 effin months till someone had to ask me...a CN translator from a trash manhua community to pick it up! i really am trying my best to cater to the " normal so called hangul flower typeset etc and learning the know how..but I am only 1 person" hey if I'm no good enough. go get these superstar scanlators to pick it up. be my guest! do try. till then you're stuck with me!

da2Dmk6.png

Since you left the reply up for 17 hours, I assume you fully back the words you said.

For one, I am Chinese myself, not an 'hangul weeb fag'. I'm not against CN webtoons as I'm rather fond of Iron Ladies, Release That Witch, etc, each of them endearing in its own way. What I do have a problem with is how the Sina Corp and bilibili ripped the pacing of this series by ripping it into piece that throws the reader off. Its as if some foreign publisher decided "Hey, this Harry Potter series looks good, lets translate it! But let's turn it from 6 books to 12 books", an decision like that hampers the reading experience. There are many great CN comics out there, but when the CN publishers mess with the pacing to that degree, even the best of CN comics turn into pump and dump quality. That is a problem with how the CN publisher handled it, and not a problem with you. I have to emphasize that specifically.

Do I like the new names that you've given them, not really, but that's just me as a reader. Perhaps 99% of the others wouldn't mind, and I'm sure many other readers doesn't care because series pass through various hands and names change slightly anyway, although not to that degree.

Before, I would've kept on reading your translation since I'm looking forward to how this series turns out. Not anymore though. When the translator goes into an unhinged rant about how I'm a 'hangul weeb fag' and how you're doing us all a favor, I'm going to avoid you with a ten inch pole, and I'd advise anyone else to do so as well if this is what you think is appropriate. Good luck, but I'll revisit this series later on.

tl;dr: 8/10 series, would ship ML x FL

Power Uploader
buhbye hangul fag. being chinese you can still be a hangul fag ya hangul fag don't be such a KR fangrub. go on, get outta here. I explicitly type it in my footnotes that I don't tolerate haters so fuck off. I'm unhinged I'm mad and I don't give a rats ass about it, I got daily comments about how things like this in my dm and I certainly don't need it here on mangadex. so get a mod a shove it down eh? don't read it..don't even visit it in the future. i don't want you to. don't try to pin this on the publisher from the CN side, if this were korean in the original nobody would complain. everyone will probably squeal and yield about male lead and female lead like a normal story...yeah right, pacing. As if other stories don't have it. I'm calling you out asshole. yes I'm doing everyone a favor by translating this. of course. do I ask for payment? praise or anything else? no..so shove that high horse you're sitting on and get the fuck off.

Group Leader
Now, listen here you little shit.

so, Banba if you think that translating and typesetting these manhuas is easy, you can try doing that yourself.
If you have forgotten let me remind you, THIS IS A MANHWA. It doesn't matter if the name is relevant to the Egyptian history or not.

Now, towards the quality of the translations. WHAT THE FRICK else do you want? huh? The english is alright, what else is do you want from a translation?

You shits complain about the quality of translation but don't even know how cloww is translating for YOU GUYS.
If you think that translations are bad then DO THEM YOURSELF.

lmaoo this Banba guy is really whining because the names arent relevant to history
no offense but you sound like an entitled prick
yikes

Users who are viewing this thread