Oishinbo - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - The Value of Patience

Dex-chan lover
Looks like this chapter is mislabeled.
Should be vol 2, chapter 1.
(One too many zero there)

Double-page supporter
Mugiwara might just be counting total chapters overall. I don't do that because I'd eventually lose track (each volume starts the chapter count over again) as there are more than 1000 overall chapters to the manga. If he can keep track though, more power to him.

While Kariya numbered his chapters starting from 1 in each volume, I will not be following his numbering scheme for Mangadex uploads.

Starting from volume 7, Kariya will stretch story arcs across multiple chapters, but he keeps the same chapter number for all chapters, differentiating them by using Part 1 or Part 2. This results in cases like volume 8, which contains 10 chapters, but only 6 numbered chapters.

Mangadex does not support this style of numbering, so I'll be using the standard consecutive chapter numbers across volumes.

Double-page supporter
Mangadex does not support this style of numbering, so I'll be using the standard consecutive chapter numbers across volumes.
Oh, but I've seen other series use "Chapter 4.1", "4.2" etc for chapters that are split into parts. Can't you have the chapter say "Vol X, Chapter 1.1" or something?

Oh, but I've seen other series use "Chapter 4.1", "4.2" etc for chapters that are split into parts. Can't you have the chapter say "Vol X, Chapter 1.1" or something?
I could, but from what I've encountered, decimal chapters are usually used for bonus content.
That's not a hard and fast rule, so at this point, it's down to personal preference, and I'd prefer to have the chapters numbered consecutively, with each number attributable to a specific issue of the original publishing magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread