Ojousama no Shimobe - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Let's Practice

@VladDracul2

I don't even consider her tsundere. She has never said anything about hating the MC. When her maid said something about trying to be cute for the MC, she ran right off to try and be cute.
Being a spoiled brat doesn't make her a tsundere. Trying to make it look like she doesn't like the MC would make her a tsundere, but she seems to be making it about as evident as she can to everyone that she likes the MC.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 Tsuderes don't hate their love interest, they're not honest about their love interest.

Tsundere does something nice for the guy they like: "D-d-don't think too deeply into it! This is obligatory, OBLIGATORY!"

Tsundere does something for any other guy: "Geez..."

@SunSun I didn't say they hate them....I said they act as if they don't like them, or even ACT as if they hate them.

Minori has NEVER, NOT ONCE acted as if she didn't like Youtarou. She does the opposite, she clings to him and does everything she can to be near him.

She is a spoiled brat, for some reason people mistake her spoiled behavior as being tsundere. She is NOT tsundere. In fact she is much closer to being deredere

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 and you didn't read my comment properly, I said tsunderes at their core, aren't HONEST about their feelings. They definitely act like they're in love, they're just not honest to themselves, or to who they like about their feelings.

Tsuntsun doesn't mean that person ACTS like they're not interested, tsuntsun can be anything from generally being cold, irritable or even grumpy. And guess what? Spoiled is a part of that behavior too!

AND! Tsunderes are not limited to being tsuntsun, they can have deredere as a default state, and the tsun side comes out as a defensive response, and that DOESN'T make them a yandere.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Takao
Conan: Ran
Celty from Durarara
Winry from FMA
Eri from School Rumble

All tsunderes who have dere as their default but switch to tsun depending on people. Fuck even Sakura from Naruto counts as a tsundere TOWARDS NARUTO.

@SunSun..well, I disagree with your assessment of what tsundere is, but even your definition doesn't negate what I said about Minori.

Minori is perfectly honest with herself about liking Youtarou. Hell, she even tells him directly that she likes him.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 where the hell does she tell him she likes him? She only says, "I'VE KNOWN HIM LONG TIME!" in Chp 3

And you can disagree all you want but I've given the basic traits and actions that make up what readers expect as a modern tsundere, and that tsundere's don't default in tsun state.

Fuck at the core definition, tsuntsun means aloof or irritable, deredere meaning lovestruck, so try to prove that Minori doesn't have both of those as part of her character.

@SunSun...she acted irritable because the girl who had been with her for a large part of her life, a girl who she thought loved her, just ditched her and made it seem like the only reason she ever showed any concern for her was that it was her job. On top of that, the boy she probably begged her father to go stay with was already taking care of another girl and told her he couldn't pay as much attention to her as she wanted him to.
Her possessiveness and jealousy make her seem irritable toward Youtarou, but I'd say the way she acts transcends tsundere. She's not irritable because she is confused about her feelings toward him, she's irritable because he isn't paying as much attention to her as she wants him to. She's not at all confused about how she feels about Youtarou...she loves him.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1

YEAH AND THEN SHINO-SAN CAME BACK, so whoop de doo with that explanation.

Also, she didn't beg her father, cause you fogot the MC's dad works with her dad, and from what we've seen from both parent's, they're doing a marriage set up.

And acting irritable because of confusion ones own feelings IS NOT a requirement for being a tsundere (most authors write em that way for UST), the simple action of switching between being tender and anti-social, and having these two traits AS A DEFINING PART OF THE CHARACTER IS WHAT MAKES ONE A TSUNDERE.

Fucking Eri Sawachika from School Rumble is an example of a reverse tsundere: she's deredere to other students and outsiders, but she turns tsuntsun to her close friends and Harima! THE TSUN SIDE IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE APART OF PERSONAL FEELINGS.

Kagami from Lucky Star is a tsundere and is tsuntsun to Konata NOT OUT OF PERSONAL SHOUJO AI FEELINGS!

As I said before, core definition is one that acts irritable/annoyed but is also tender and loving, tsuntsun and deredere, now show me where in the manga that's not the case.

Dex-chan lover
oh no, she's regressing to not being able to change her clothes! Are we back to chapter 1???

Dex-chan lover
She was taught how to put bigger things inside tight places first...hmmm....
She's learing at least..

Contributor
3cb.png

i prefer an honest, airheaded but kind character over someone overly jealous and selfish to the point of interrupting any scene where the mc is with another girl

Users who are viewing this thread