Okamigun × Heisotsu - Ch. 7 - Ring and Expectations

Dex-chan lover
It always baffles me how easily in magical settings, one can acquire slavery/etc items. You'd think they'd be more regulated, and if already banned, monitored and anyone purchasing them instantly grabbed and bagged. Watchlists etc surely must exist in fantasy too, though doubt many an author thinks about such things.

It always baffles me how easily in magical settings, one can acquire slavery/etc items. You'd think they'd be more regulated, and if already banned, monitored and anyone purchasing them instantly grabbed and bagged. Watchlists etc surely must exist in fantasy too, though doubt many an author thinks about such things.
1. Drugs are illegal, people have access to them. If there is money to be made people will exploit it.

2. It’s a fantasy setting there isn’t magic dark web Amazon that tracks your purchased

Dex-chan lover
I'm expecting for her to announce she's pregnant in a few chapters.

She probably used her connection to get the key to his room and goes there every night after filling him up with sleeping pills :kek:

Supporter
That guy specifically is supposed to be an aristocrat, but you're right, it's disturbing that slavery is so common. Shield hero is pretty egregious in my mind. Especially at the start where all the weapon-wielding heroes clearly know of the existence of the slavery industry being a legal thing within the country they're fighting to save. They are still willing to fight for that kingdom though, and only take offence to slavery when the main character has a slave.
That series has a ton of issues though so, eh. Still, it's wild just how common the slavery trope is used to 'force' female characters into the plot.

Dex-chan lover
That guy specifically is supposed to be an aristocrat, but you're right, it's disturbing that slavery is so common. Shield hero is pretty egregious in my mind. Especially at the start where all the weapon-wielding heroes clearly know of the existence of the slavery industry being a legal thing within the country they're fighting to save. They are still willing to fight for that kingdom though, and only take offence to slavery when the main character has a slave.
That series has a ton of issues though so, eh. Still, it's wild just how common the slavery trope is used to 'force' female characters into the plot.
You're right. You're absolutely right. But it's a bit more complicated than that. Usually, this is the part where I go off on a tangent on things like the perception of slavery, the political impact of heroes and their duty to their country, but it's late and I have a quest of my own I need to head off to tomorrow morning. But if you're willing to listen to a 95kg armchair historian like myself prattle about such topics, just ask and I will provide.

Users who are viewing this thread