Okashiratsuki

I wish I had the abilities necessary for collaborating in the release of this translated series. I love Sahara Mizu´s works so much, every single one of them are just so full of reflection about life and just helps you push through the situations you have to deal with and helps you grow as a person.

Thanks so much for the hard work put into releasing this!

*speechless*
*absolutely crying*
*no, one more time*
JUST PERFECT.
I LOVE THIS DAMMIT.
This author is freakin' dangerous.

Fed-Kun's army
Just got vol. 3. Will work on this soon. I'll do the untranslated remaining part of vol. 3 and will probably go back and replace the images in the first few chapters with the tank source.

Fed-Kun's army
I really get this manga but the only thing that sucks at the realism for me is how discriminated and ostracized from society because of this tail. Like I know its pretty weird and all but everyone is making it out to be this mortifying, disgusting disability that will hamper his future and bring only sadness and grief to those close to them. But it's just a tail.

*reads half the manga*
Is this really from Sahara Mizu?
*arrives at suicide prevention credit page*
Yup.

Fed-Kun's army
@Anono

It's an allegory. It stands for a harmless cosmetic difference that in no way affect anyone else, or even the person himself. Sounds silly, right? But consider how a simple difference in skin pigment level can affect people. Or even something that's entirely made up like nationality.

Some people are in fact born with tails (called vestigial tail) and they are routinely surgically removed. If this story was really about a tail, they would have cut that off years ago, or at least have the story talk about preserving cultural/ethnic identity of keeping the tail in spite of such reactions.

This feeling of how stupid it is people freaking out over something so small as a tail is exactly what I think the author wants to make you feel. So you can understand just how stupid is prejudice and discrimination over any shit detail. People discriminate over skin color, religion, political view, gender, sexual preference and so on. Stupid right? Just as stupid as discriminate because of a small pig tail.

Well, this settles it. We need to let the refugees into japan. I’m not taking about a few, I’m talking about all of them. Pakistan? Pack em in! Uganda? Ubetcha! This manga proves that japan needs to be culturally enriched. Time to introduce some biracial advertisements. Bring out the transexual primary school teaches! I won’t be satisfied until there’s a black man in every single rice village. A Muslim for every 14 year old. We need to get the name of every old Japanese bigot and dox them on Twitter

Power Uploader
Thanks so much for the translation. I am really interested in the whole premise, despite the tail problem being exaggerated in a sense.
Looking forward to the news on the last volume 😊

Dex-chan lover
@LimsKragma the tail just serves as a metaphor to represent other things like disability, skin colour and race. All things that are discriminated not only in japan but all over the world.

Users who are viewing this thread