Okashiratsuki

Power Uploader
Hi, thank you for sharing. I couldn't find any info anywhere, so I was wondering what has happened.
Hopefully, she will recover well.

Did something happen to the translations? the english ones were all deleted while i was reading this halfway :(

@pupperino45 Take a look at the comments section of the oneshot “My Sister’s Funeral”. Basically, the scanlator described everything that happened in the oneshot in a comment, had a brief argument with mods/developers of the site about what constituted a spoiler, and then the scanlator rage-quit this site, deleting all of their uploads. A shame because this series was fuckin’ gold.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope someone else picks up this manga, it's too much of a treasure to leave like this :(

Fed-Kun's army
Does anybody know if he's still working on it? New chapters could be uploaded to other places if he is

Scanlator drama strikes again, time to look for other random mangareader that doesnt really care about that and read it there.

Group Leader
Pretty sure last scanlator did this by volume, and volume 4 isn't out yet. Just a heads up for anyone who was confused like me.

Also, I changed the English translation of the name from "Fish Served Whole"(??) to "From Head to Tail". I'm fairly confident the first one was, uh, missing some nuance there. Reasoning in the spoiler.

The first definition of ’かしら' on goo.ne is "人間や動物の首から上の部分。あたま。こうべ。「尾頭つき」人間や動物の首から上の部分。あたま。こうべ。「尾頭つき」" which roughly says "The part above the neck for a human or animal." So this is 'Tail'-'part above neck'-'including' which while yes, 頭付き seems to be used to mean 'fish with head included', in this case it's saying 'everything from tail to above the head included'.

In the context of the story, I can't see that being anything other than a play on words about the fact the MC comes with a tail. Unfortunately, you'll never get any of that without even mentioning 'tail' in the English translation!

So yeah, unless someone has a link to the author explaining why this wasn't a play on words and why she was, in fact, talking about how she likes to buy her fish, I think we should leave the alternate name as this new one.

This phrasing doesn't even apply only to fish; it's just the most common. Definition says animal, so it could mean something like, I don't know, maybe pig?

@dotawolfbrother
Yeah that translation of the title always struck me as odd too, and I definitely agree with the change. Also, while the previous scanlator did wait for the volume to be released before uploading the chapters, I have the single chapters, so I'll be working with those. The most recent chapter was 21, which came out just a few days ago. If I manage to catch up to the raws, I'll just translate as they come out. Just wanted to clarify this in case anyone was wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread