Okinawa de Suki ni Natta Ko ga Hougen Sugite Tsura Sugiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Person I like, has an Okinawan Dialect

Double-page supporter
Blonde girl has a design that I can only describe as “a shoebill like aesthetic” and if you understand why then you’ll also understand why I love it so very much

Power Uploader
You shouldn't bother picking it up if you weren't going to translate the dialect at all.

Dex-chan lover
I never thought anyone would try to translate this.
Most, if not all, of the jokes wouldn't work even if you translating to other English accent.

Dex-chan lover
Both their designs and personalities are pretty charming. It would be rough if either gets rejected, so I'd hope that Nakamura ends up with Higa while Kiyan doesn't have feelings for him yet.

Dex-chan lover
Some of that's Okinawan Japanese, but some of that is straight-up Okinawan. Ichun doo for 'I'm going' is 100% Okinawan.

Double-page supporter
@monka188 it's better left the original text than just butcher the original text trying to figuring out how to make it work... Cof* Cof*
Hanako, Most of their TL are good, BUT NOT ORIGINAL and just some random bs...

Dex-chan lover
@monka188
Not understanding her dialect is the whole point, though. Especially if, as sjiveru mentions, part of what she says isn't even japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Cute girls, but the title is retarded and the premise seems rather snooty.

Not translating the Okinawan accent is a really good touch because it makes us feel the same way the character feels - not understanding anything she says

Users who are viewing this thread