Oku-sama wa Niizuma-chan

Dex-chan lover
How are they married, exactly?
Even when the couple is married in manga they act live innocent virgins, it's annoying. What's the point?

Dex-chan lover
Prime Minister Abe funded this manga, just for us lonely people. Remember people, 5 kids minimum.
iu

8.5/10 manga, "definitely not funded" by Abe-sama

[To the translator who's working on these, if you're reading this, just letting you know that i'm really enjoying it. Please keep it up]

Group Leader
Are... are they supposed to be like one of those mythical prude couples? :V

Also, did it really have to be a faceless self-insert for a husband? Ugh.
Kind of kills the fluff for me. :/

Dex-chan lover
It's so sad to read this
the author is obviously projecting his desire for a wife, which is great
the problem here is that his first chapter ends in a fictional scene that has never happened in the history of mankind, probably more fictional than isekai
there is absolutely zero (0%) chance of not making love on the first chapter's ending scene
zero
I get it that you're not supposed to make some hentai, but it should be implied for suspension of disbelief
you can't write a story about newlyweds and forget to include gravity on the story
the same way you can't forget human libido 😎

anyway followed

This is unrealistic in that they’re clearly not having or have never had sex. You don’t just waltz into marriage comepletely blind and without even a bit of experience with the partner you’re getting married with, even if it’s your first partner overall.

The female characters are cute and absolutely perfect never-existed-in-the-history-of-mankind women, but the males are just faceless, featureless puppets devoid of personality only for the purpose of self-insertion. Which would work if this was a h-manga (which this obviously wants to be). But it’s not.

Fed-Kun's army
This is an interesting manga. Well, mostly because it reads as a propaganda piece for a "let's have all women be housewives to solve the declining birthrates" mindset. Very very much so in fact.

Wont be mad if you dropped I;m extremely annoyed at these two also but would be sad I can't see what goes on with neighbours household
The loli bodied qt should have been the main

Dex-chan lover
This manga is just weird...

They're friggin married already, why are they acting like kids on their first date?

I don't get why everyone is riled with the latest one.
1. It's implied they're NEW to this, check the literal title of the first chapter and actually read it, since this isn't the first time it happened, but people somehow reading this missed those cues. And pretty much the one of the comedic element in this one is that they're still having a hard time getting with the skinship (Niizuma at least, Daa seems to be ready, but wants to respect her space for a while). They're most likely the type that offered rings to each other but didn't have much skinship. Give em time, they'll most likely get it on.

Also a bit off topic, to the people comparing this to real life (for some reason I will not understand) remember that different places and people in the world have different views with married life and/or relationships. Some are okay with casual sexual relationships others look for more meaningful ones, and no, this isn't limited to Japan. Failing to understand your partner is most likely going to F your relationship (or maybe even your life) faster than you can say 4koma, if you got into one.

2. Also remember that this is a 4koma romcom, if you wanted "immersion" (wat), this is literally THE worst genre that you'll want to check out or even translate. Check the other mangas, especially ones with drama and smut, like Domestic Kanojo where there are relationship problems as well as some comedy. Most 4koma focuses on just light hearted plot with no drama and problems, and not too much on realism/"immersion". It's also the worst format to display any realism/"immersiveness", since the format isn't exactly cut out do display those things, limited space and all that jazz.

If you somehow find a work of fiction offensive just because it doesn't adhere to your views, then go somewhere else and read other works. I'm actually surprised as to how a 4koma romcom got people pissed off.

Also, I can't stress this enough, who the heck TRIES to find immersion in a 4koma romcom manga? Hell, any other types manga or work of fiction barely captures what an actual relationship really is, even those drama focused ones. At best they're just toe level immersive. They're just based in real life, with the author manipulating plot elements and the like, but that's just about it: no more, no less. If you want real immersion, then actually get into a real life relationship (especially the long term one) and no, bills are NOT on me.

Users who are viewing this thread