Old chapters won't load if Compressed Images is On.

Older than 1 month chapters won't load if I have compressed images option on. While it works with original images, my internet connection is slow so I prefer smaller size.

Sorry if this was posted before but there is no search forum button or at least I didn't see one.

what and where exactly is the button to undo the compressed images, I can't seem to find it in my settings?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@dark3275
Reader settings -> Data saver

@saitohd
Have you got MD@H enabled? I can't think of a reason compressed images wouldn't work if the normal ones are.

Double-page supporter
@BraveDude8
> Have you got MD@H enabled?

Not sure if intended but MD@H "options" tab aren't available at the moment. Looks like someone removed it. And if I try its address from history then it's just blank page.

Changing status of MD@H (enabling/disabling) seems not possible atm.

It seems to work today , I enabled compressed again and everything loads fine. Although like BzzBzz mentioned, MD@H options are indeed missing, while it was there yesterday.

I made the post yesterday after checking with both on/off MD@H. Maybe the setting missing might be playing a role, I don't know.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@BzzBzz @saitohd It's been disabled and everyone has had it enabled. Either way, shouldn't make a difference here.

Group Leader
@BraveDude8 MD@H is making a difference though. I also have the issue of chapters older then 1 month not loading, and it seems to be an issue with MD@H. So far every manga I've tried that has chapter older then 1 month will not load almost all the time. It's like it's routing me to MD@H hosts that are either unavailable, unreachable, or don't have the image in its cache. It takes multiple full reloads (bypassing locally cached web pages) before then image will load, if it loads at all since it keeps directing me to the same host. I had no problem when MD@H was optional and I kept it off, but now I have nothing but problems since it's forced on.

And compressed images made no difference for me.

Dex-chan lover
So this is why I have had that issue seemingly reappear again, after I had managed to fix it before by disabling md@h

I'm having the issue here all day.
I'm from South America and nearly all chapters dont load and sometimes I get to wait 15min or more to load some 2-4 pages chapters and spamming reload image in between. The issue isn't the size of the chapters but just route and timeout. Sometimes I give up and put it to download it on Neko-Tachi but then it still timeouts, only to download a few hours later in 2 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread