Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 207

Dex-chan lover
Pretty rad. But also, it seems kind of funny, to have something cosmic-level like an outer god be equated to ~150 human lives' worth of suffering. Seems a bit small of a number to make something like that start popping, but it aint a big deal anyway.

Dex-chan lover
thx for the foot note too, if they ever read these comments:)
-plus it's not 150 human lives, but of the 150 tormented lives, cause each loop contains each previous loops , it could be compounding each loop on top of each other, plus it's those fable's he's consuming all at once, vs say 150 normal bland human. no special flavor since they hunt fabels

Dex-chan lover
Pretty rad. But also, it seems kind of funny, to have something cosmic-level like an outer god be equated to ~150 human lives' worth of suffering. Seems a bit small of a number to make something like that start popping, but it aint a big deal anyway.
This universe runs on narrative. Outer gods seem to be living narratives, more so than other beings so it makes sense they can be hurt by force-feeding them harmful narratives.

Dex-chan lover
This universe runs on narrative. Outer gods seem to be living narratives, more so than other beings so it makes sense they can be hurt by force-feeding them harmful narratives.
Sure, I get that. I'm just saying, having a cosmic cthulhu-type tentacle mind-break horror, I would expect it to be on the order of hundreds-of-thousands/millions of human lives. Having it explode under the duress of 150 human sufferings seems way too small.

Sure, I get that. I'm just saying, having a cosmic cthulhu-type tentacle mind-break horror, I would expect it to be on the order of hundreds-of-thousands/millions of human lives. Having it explode under the duress of 150 human sufferings seems way too small.
To be fair, it was all at once. Imagine eating 150 meals all at once. Probably wouldn't go very well for you, y'know?

Dex-chan lover
He was just 18'000 year old, a kid.

Dex-chan lover
Yea. I think a few last chapter mentioned that Devourer of Dreams is one of the youngest among all eldritch.

Speaking of which, it namedropped someone. So, the author manifests as one of them? An existence higher than the Outer Gods? (duh)
Eldritch of the eldritch? Fourth Wall?
:pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
The thing is, because the setting is fundamentally based on narrative, human stories are not something insignificant to the cosmic beings. These things feed on stories, but they normally chew and digest them into their base parts without a structure. This one was force-fed an intact, infohazardous narrative.

You can cook and eat a Pirana without any issues, but if you swallow a live one you're going to have trouble when it starts tearing up you digestive system to pieces.

Dex-chan lover
Also, it's not 150 human sufferings, but the FABLES attached to those humans, 150 peon/nameless humans wouldn't have the strength or whatever power the MC has, thus he doesn't get 'full' or whatever from ants. maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread