Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 30 - Landlord (4)

after finishing the novel i felt like to cry everytime i see......, cant wait for this arc to be end because we need to see the third protagonist like ASAP because shes my favorite character

@Samken
@necromach

But there are no ads on that site. Clicking that link won't generate any revenue for them.

And neither the artist nor the original author of orv won't get a penny from directly sponsoring on that site.

You're just giving money to the company as a whole, not the orv artist or author by doing it.

So if you're not gonna send money to their individual bank accounts,

reading chapters from webtoons--which costs nothing-- is the only way to support the artist and the author themselves financially.

Because they're paid by the studio and naver based solely on viewership on webtoons.

@Yuwenn Official translation is on chapter 27 not 21. And it's released weekly. Even if Asura have higher quality it doesn't change the fact that they are doing theft.

@Samken The official translation is up to chapter 27 atm. which is three behind. So what if it has better quality if they are stealing someone else work? I would rather support official english translation and author as well. He is getting paid since they need to pay him licensing fee. And he is getting % cut of the earnings for sure.

@cesarzgamer

Then why tf are you here? Why tf you have an account on this site from the first place?

Majority of people here agree that Asura's way better than Webtoon's. I am a regular Webtoon reader from ToG, HCLW, etc. but when it comes to ORV there's no better version than Asura's. Some people still read on both platforms out of respect to the author too. So chill up.

@cesarzgamer then why are you here? I'm sure some of us here also have read the "legal" english translations on Webtoon. I get that it doesn't change the fact that this is practically "stealing" or whatever you might want to call it, but you can't also deny the fact that the viewership of this manhwa generally comes from unofficial translations like this one. I just hope more people would also go read the official translation, but at the same time I can't tell them not to read it here because that would make me a hypocrite.

@bwdns Even if their version is better it doesn't change the fact that they are doing a theft. If people read on both sites I don't mind, but it doesn't change the fact that they steal author work. I wouldn't mind if they released free chapters at same time and people could choose what to read. But they went ahead and released paid chapters for free therefore taking money from author just to get some internet fame.

@sasarious_waifu I understand that viewership comes a lot from unofficial translation but if translators release paid chapters just to get more people on their site instead so they can profit while stopping author from getting money he deserves that's a bit too much. I don't mind if they release at the same time as official and let people choose which translation they prefer. But by releasing paid chapters for free they literally hurt person who created this amazing story.

And to both of you. Maybe you didn't think about that not all of manga or webtoons have official translation? I'm here only to read those which don't have official yet. And if something has official version I support it.

Sorry for being a bit salty but it hurts me that such amazing story that I love is used by people to profit from donations and author who made it gets literally nothing. At least on official translation they get some money due to licensing laws which usually give them % of earnings.

@cesarzgamer I don't know much about the scans group but do they get money from us reading on Mangadex or their website? I personally read on both sites and will probably transition to the official version once it catches up to the raws since it's coming along pretty quickly. But if the scans group gets money from this place I don't really like the idea of all of it going to them...

And so we shall calm down and talk about this chapter😃
Look at Jung Heewon omg such a great character~ She 's the kind of character that's just so easy to love though she's "new" to the gang. Also Lee Jihye is also a very fun character, she too is kind of "new" to the gang rn but eyyyy! As a novel reader, they're doing really well with fleshing out the character's personalities. It's really being faithful and loyal to the novel, I'm glad~

Dex-chan lover
gilyoung is so cute and obedient !!
let the game of choice begin

if super rock was here
he will be like
do you want to sacrifice yourself? x99

@cesarzgamer I'm also sorry if I came on too strong and I totally understand your point. But then again, I believe reading fan translations of manhwas/mangas w/o an official English translation is also piracy. Still, I also try my best to support the author like you do by reading the official translation when it comes out. Times like this makes me wish I'm not broke so I can learn Hangul/Nihongo.

https://www.readlightnovel.org/omniscient-reader-/chapter-31

here is a link to the novel idk if there are any popups since i got a popblocker and an adblocker but just in case download them so you dont have to look at annoying ads.

@Ellollie They don't get anything if we read here but they encourage us to visit their site and to send them donations and they can put ads anytime on website so whenever you visit they make something. You can clearly see paypal and patreon on front page. They take popular webtoon to increase their income from people donating and in result take money away from author.

@sasarious_waifu That's okay :) And yeah I understand it's still bad but if I there is no official version and I don't speak their language is there any alternative for me?

Man, I’m just realizing how closely the manhwa is in chapter count to the actual webnovel. They’re really adapting it to be as detailed as they can, since chapter 30 of the manhwa is only at halfway of 31 in webnovel.

well since asura dropped orv... we'll need to wait 10 weeks to read them at webtoons for free

Users who are viewing this thread