Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 31 - Landlord (5)

@randomname
Dude, it was already established that he was a "regressor" he went through these scenarios before until he died and went back in time. Chances are that he came across these hidden zones in his previous lifetimes. Hell the reason why the MC even knows about him is because of that guy. He IS the MC of the Novel Kim Dokja read.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man that was a cold place to end on, If I didn't know what happened next I would be pissed

@Fhtagn "Rest in peace for the poor bastard who got his green zone yeeted away just like that." LMAO
Yeah, that was kind of a dick move on Bihyung's part, but in the novel what was happening was made much clearer. Basically Dokja saw the weak kid with his green zone there and was seriously considering taking the easy route (killing the kid and taking his zone) but then Bihyung, who is directly trying to make the scenario more difficult for Dokja (therefore more interesting to the constellations) takes that option away from Dokja, simultaneously implying that, had it been an option, perhaps Dokja would have murdered that kid. Which shows the people reading this story that Dokja is not really that much better of a person than the other characters, he's just someone who happens to be lucky enough to have more information and is therefore able to make better (not more merciful) decisions. So while it's a complete dick move, it's hardly bullshit, but rather a smart bit of writing on the author's part. Plus the scene that's about to happen in the next chapter is more dramatic when taken in the context that Dokja has no other options left. Also, small personal rant(if u don't care then don't read): I've noticed that the webcomic has been sticking pretty close to the original webnovel, but they somehow managed to miss the first time that Dokja uses the third (and most fascinating) stage of his exclusive skill that is literally the name of the webcomic/novel (Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint) even if Dokja didn't realize he was using a skill at that moment, it's still an important scene as it helps him figure out one of the conditions of his skill and shows more of Yoo Jong-Hyeok's character. It could just be because the artist ran out of time tho, so I hope they don't miss anything else because let me tell you so many small details become so much more important after a few HUGE twists are revealed later in the story. Well that concludes my rant, thank you for coming to my TED Talk. (I've done my best to write this post in a way that I hope doesn't spoil anything for anyone, but I'm very sorry if it did)

Kim Dokja: I'm not going to die
Me from the future:
are u sure about that
Kim Dokja:
I'm n-
Me from the future:
ARE U SURE ABOUT THAT

The people trying to hype up the webcomic without having read the novel: THIS COULD BE THE NEXT SOLO LEVELING, YOO JONG-HYEOK IS SUCH A ARROGANT LITTLE BITCH HE'S GOING TO GET HIS ASS BEAT BY DOKJA SOON
Me: *Laughs sinisterly while sipping tea composed of 10% hot leaf juice and 90% novel reader tears* you know nothing of pain puny mortal
But seriously this isn't going to be "the next solo leveling". This is going to be Omniscient Reader, and you're gonna be damn glad it is.

Disclaimer: the above comments are not meant to be taken offensively or in a mocking way, it's just me trying to utilize my decaying sense of humor

Oneofmanywords: "The regressed MC is a dickhead nothing will change this"
Huge ass spoiler below don't any of you sneaky little shits DARE read it unless you finished the ENTIRE novel
KDJ: *laughs while poking a OP idiot with anger issues* look Yoo Jong-Hyeok, all the other reincarnations of me are in agreement. You are, in fact, an eternal dickhead.
YJH: *glaring intensely*
YJH's Brain: Kim Dokja you little shit I did not spend 100+ years travelling through the void of the universe to save you without any hope for the impossible miracle of you coming back so you could use your other existences to find more creative ways to annoy me. I literally lived 1865 lifetimes of suffering just for the chance to meet you again and this is what I get?
YJH: *crushes KDJ's phone and walks away angstily without saying anything*
KDJ: Why tho? I was just stating a fact
Han Su-Yeong: *smacks forehead*

yoo i was just binging this and was excited for the next chapter, thinking "well we know he wont die, how it gonna happen tho?"... didnt realise i got to the latest release xD ;-;

@CamieWest You kinda misunderstood me. I was simply referring to the dokkaebi's bullshit decision that led to the poor guy's unfortunate death. I wasn't trying to criticize the writing at all. In fact, the writing has been pretty good so far in my opinion.

Other than that, thanks for further elaborating the plot. And no, you didn't spoil anything, don't worry.

@FHtagn K, sorry for misunderstanding. Yeah, the Dokkaebis are really flying sacks of shit with bad fashion sense. But the plot does begin to develop their characters and their reason for existing eventually sooo... *silently lies in wait for the webcomic readers to have their minds blown as the world progresses*

Yeah, Dokkaebis are full of shits, but they can't interfaere with scenarios that easily.
They need either Bureau's permission or probability to do this, and fyi, Probability is huge pain in ass. So to remove green zones, he either spend his probability (less chance) or shared probability among Constellations.

@Priyajit You can read this spoiler tag, it contains the same level of spoiled content as your post so you'll be fine. Every one else; this isn't a big spoiler at all, but if you don't want anything revealed before it's revealed in the comic, don't click the tag.
You are correct regarding the limits of probability, but but it is also the Dokkaebis' job to alter the scenario in small ways to keep things interesting for the constellations/viewers so small interventions like removing a few green zones are perfectly in line with this specific scenario. Plus, in the situation that Bihyung messed with this time, many of the constellations already wanted more death and a far more "stimulating" scenario, so the probability's restrictions would be far less strict and penalizing for Bihyung in this situation. Thanks for helping to clarify my post though, probability does become a huge pain in the ass for many characters (especially the MCs' party members) to deal with later on in the story. Also, both our comments are slight spoilers for webcomic-only readers so I put this in a spoiler tag, I won't report your post as a spoiler though, because I know it's quite annoying to have someone else edit your post and your spoiler wasn't even a big one, you just mentioned the probability system before the comic does.

You guys should read the novel. This manga/manhwa is going to take like a decade to finish. Also since more and more people are reading the novel, less likely to get any spoilers. That said the novel is super long, practically as long as Ways of Survival so be prepared. It took me a week to read the first part which is 130 chapters and over a 1000 pages. If anyone has an official translation for the novel please let me know. There's so many errors in the one I'm reading now.

@Ashenrise While the novel is great and it was a lot of fun for me to read through, it's completely understandable for the manhwa-only readers to want to stick to just reading the manhwa and continue dealing with dodging spoilers. The webnovel's translation is... well... it's... um... *glances at my other tab* somewhat... er... shitty. (I really don't mean to offend the person who was determined enough to translate 551 chapters from Korean to English without being paid to do it, I understand that Korean is an incredibly difficult language to translate to English, and besides their translation is still better than the majority of most other webnovel translations) So the manhwa readers, especially ones who aren't used to reading translated webnovels, will probably not have the time or energy to spend getting through the webnovel. The translation makes it so you kind of have to gloss over all the parts you can't understand with your own interpretation, and that takes a lot of your brain energy to do, and ORV is already at least a 90% brain story just to understand. So frankly I think the manhwa readers are free to stay manhwa-only until a translation with writing level at least of the same level as the writing in the Percy Jackson series is released. Also no, the translation your reading is probably the "official" translation, it's also the only translation out there so you'll just have to keep pushing through. However, with how popular the novel is, I reckon it's only a short amount of time before a official translation team takes notice and re-translates it.

@YEEeeet02 I'll answer a bit for camie. Quite a lot of misspelled words. For the first half of the novel, most of it is.... Think of it as something like literal translation. Like how 1 chinese word can have 2 different meanings or like translating a sentence using Google translate, and because of that there's a lot of weird sentences. There's also quite a lot of word misplacement. I don't remember all of them because I'm on the other half of the novel (chapter 400-ish) but yeah... (I also don't mean to disrespect the translator who did all 300-ish chapters, like camie said, korean is not an easy language to translate) If you want to try and see for yourself try to read ORV's novel on BoxNovel and see for yourself

Users who are viewing this thread