Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 7 - Protagonist (1)

Anyone else worried kdj is going to be too "escapist power fantasy" considering he's basically a parody of the genre?

So hype! Just when I'm feeling down that Solo Leveling went hiatus, I found this amazing comic!!!
Thank you for the translations

I love it when the mc on this type of story is not so righteous. One wrong step, it can be called naivety. Which is not really favorable in survival like this.
I like mc who knows when to show mercy and when to be merciless. If he ends up making the girl dependant on him, it would be the situation I hate the most. When there's helpful heroine, there's also heroine who is nothing but a burden. 🙂
Wow... I sound like I have a grunge against heroines. 😂😂😂

Dex-chan lover
usually mc be like: hey girl come with me if you want to survive
kdj: hey kid--,
kdj: idc about the girl

Fed-Kun's army
kdj: kills grasshopper eggs
He's a mass genocider lol
Also, this is like a twitch stream. People donating... But, in this case, you know what I mean...

Am i missing something? Why didn't he take the insects and killed them from the beginning? he would have killed 3, give one the kid and one to his colleague.

inb4 the kid is actually a psycho and didn't kill the grasshopper he was given by the MC, he instead killed someone. Like, we see his hand still clutching the bug, so my guess is that in the next chapter we'll see his hand open, the bug fly out, and a shot of the kid's face with dead eyes and a grin.

Dex-chan lover
What does the mc mean by saying that he didn't reach out to the kid out of sympathy but from hypocrisy?

I get he's hiding his true intentions to the reader, as it's left ambiguous, but I don't get where that is coming from. It's not lile he's actually omniscient, right...?

That wouldn't make any sense, and sounds pretty uninteresting for a character.

Double-page supporter
What does the mc mean by saying that he didn't reach out to the kid out of sympathy but from hypocrisy?

I get he's hiding his true intentions to the reader, as it's left ambiguous, but I don't get where that is coming from. It's not lile he's actually omniscient, right...?

That wouldn't make any sense, and sounds pretty uninteresting for a character.
He didn't care about saving the old lady. He only saved her long enough to stall the countdown so the Edgy Teen WOULDN'T get the kill and live. Notice only 5 people lived, and he only gave a grasshopper to the kid and killed two himself. He never went back and gave his coworker one and he didn't give the old lady one.

He even points out the MC Hero of the novel recruits him because he's powerful, so ostensibly he becomes an anti-hero in the Hero Party and does some good, before ultimately dying. He says he doesn't like him and hated him throughout the novel. So from the start when he began planning it was his goal to live and make sure that dude didn't live. No one else mattered.

"You were right, I'm just like you."

Dex-chan lover
He didn't care about saving the old lady.
Well, I was talking about the scene with the kid (thank you for your thorough answer btw, it's my fault I didn't get my point to you).

My problem is with the expression itself, doing something out of hipocrisy. So I'm talking about a failing from the author to express his ideas properly, or a translation error.

Hipocrisy is by definition an act, to feign a behavior wich contradicts one's believes. So he's acting out of egoism.

Users who are viewing this thread