Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

@necromach
wow, you really weren't kidding, Solo Leveling did get so much worse after Beru. Some things just shouldn't be read I guess - I was hoping the author would come up with something cool but jesus, I'm not even sure if it was written by the same person. But yeah, I now know what you meant.

I'm liking orv so far (just after... hmmm loli Asmo and MC getting 'revisions'), and I plan to continue reading it :)

do you have any other recs? I like them written good with chara development :D

Just finished reading the novel and I'm in a crying mess.

I REALLY REALLY LOVE AND HATE THE EPILOGUE! ESPECIALLY KIM DOKJAAA! I know that it is implied that he did come back alive in the end, but that was just so heart-wrenching and unsatisfying! Is this how Dokja feels when reading a story?

And also, I really love the fact that Han Soyoong decided to write Ways of Survival in order for Dokja to live even at the expense of others' suffering. It was truly selfish yet sacrificing.

All characters play an important role and I like how the original MC still retained its status as the protagonist alongside Kim Dokja

Oh man, this is the novel that had a lot of bromance fanart. 😂 I don’t mind!

I love the novel up until the end of the 1st Arc then it drags for a loooong time. Although the plot twist is SO shocking and GOOD you really have to prevail reading
500+
chapters for EVERYTHING to be revealed. I LOVE the tsundere-bromance in this story, it's so thick but also makes hilarious situations for the MC (seriously, it's hilarious).

A bit of spoiler, because I can't help it:
For the end of the Earth Arc, Dokja was 'cursed' with the fate of "Will be killed by the person he loves the most". Everyone in his party was wondering who that it, they even bought a "Favorable Meter" to guess who it is. You will never guess who got the highest score. In the end he got killed (twice) by Jonghyuk, the protagonist of the novel he loves so much

whoa! didn't expect an adaptation for this, been meaning to read the novel for a while but never got to it, this is really good so now I kind of want to.

this the type of manga if it wasn't for the mc being self aware it would have been a dog shit
like it's the most generic death game in the history of death games

If your 3k chapters light novel has only one dedicated reader, improbable but still, then it'a really shitty LN. Don't know what (if it is) omnipotent entity is the writer, but it's hillarious

the art is so clean (too much so for my taste), it really reminds me of solo leveling.

So it just occurred to me that someone could've pulled out a bottle of hand sanitizer and passed it around. If grasshoppers count, why not bacteria? What a retarded "scenario"

@pato there's a reason why bacteria doesn't count
it's mentioned later in the novel that the system only accept killing something human perceive as a living being, even though bacteria does count as something alive, you'll still won't be able to pass the scenario

@ijahh
Wtf? A grasshopper's egg only really differs from bacteria in that it's made up of a few hundred thousand more cells. The objective scale difference is huge but from a human's perspective they're both equally insignificant... MC (forgot his name) gets credit for killing like a hundred grasshopper eggs anyway.

Basing a restriction on something subjective like what humans consider to be a "living being" is way too insubstantial anyway. How does the dokkaebi know that the majority of human beings don't consider individual bacterium to be "living beings"? If the justification for eggs counting as "living beings" is that they were the product of an animal's reproductive process, then someone could just jack off in their subway car and pour some alcohol on the stain to get 10,000 kills instantly.

I think the author just forgot that microorganisms exist and made up some reason to ignore them after realizing the issue. Although, it's not that I think the characters are stupid for not thinking of this solution but rather that it should've happened by accident at some point.

@pato yes but can you distinctly recognize killing them? I can crush an egg but can I go out of my way to kill one bacteria and say that yes, I killed it?

Users who are viewing this thread