One Piece - Ch. 1118 - The Most Free

Aggregator gang
Amazing. Oda had been hinting at Nika's freedom drums being something more than just Luffy. It's possible this won't be only awakening we see regarding the Drums of Liberation

Group Leader
Bonney defo ain't joining now. Luffy misspronounced her name and now Oda's making her too strong. RIP. :wtf:

Dex-chan lover
Yikes. Storytelling-wise it really feels like the story is jumping the shark. I miss pre-TS when Oda actually cared about good writing. Post-TS it‘s so rare. This whole Bonney-Nika thing could have been an emotional highlight, but with this it just fell so flat.
„I can‘t be free.“ - „Sure you can, just try, sis.“ - „Omg, thanks I‘m cured.“ Except it‘s not sarcastic.

There is no emotional, well-written storyline with a clear direction about Bonney throughout this arc. It seems Oda just throws shit on the wall and sees what sticks. He does seem to know what big points he wants to cover but he has no clue how to pack them in a well-told storyline. Way too many characters, way too overloaded, way too cluttered. The artwork too. It‘s so busy. Often I can‘t even tell what exactly is going on in the panels.

I fear for Elbaf and the final war. Oda just seems so tired and like he wants to get it over with. While at the same time stuffing in so many unnessecary elements. This arc would be so much better with a clear emotional focus on Vegapunk-Bonney-Kuma-Kizaru-Sentoumaru and their relationships to eachother.
Get rid of Lucci & Co, the giant robot, the Elbaf giants and the vice admirals, reduce the 6 Vegapunks to 3, only have one seraphim, and only Saturn instead of all 5 elders.
Less is more. Get rid of the filler and focus on strong, emotional storylines with a small cast of characters.

Dex-chan lover
amazing chapter and fuck anyone who says otherwise. looks like shueisha is gonna have to deactivate comments at this rate. the entire comment section on there was completely taken over by annoying ass "support palestine" bots. they're the kinda niggas that make me hate palestine. fuck your activism and let people just enjoy reading manga in peace. fuck israel, palestine and the urkraine as well. annoying ass bitches thinking the whole world revolves around them.

edit: stay mad losers

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
amazing chapter and fuck anyone who says otherwise. looks like shueisha is gonna have to deactivate comments at this rate. the entire comment section on there was completely taken over by annoying ass "support palestine" bots. they're the kinda niggas that make me hate palestine. fuck your activism and let people just enjoy reading manga in peace. fuck israel, palestine and the urkraine as well. annoying ass bitches thinking the whole world revolves around them.
The proper answer to those NPCs is "If you care so much, go join the war yourself"

I don't know why armchair activist is in vogue again, but calling out their bullshit is always fair.

Dex-chan lover
Yikes. Storytelling-wise it really feels like the story is jumping the shark. I miss pre-TS when Oda actually cared about good writing. Post-TS it‘s so rare. This whole Bonney-Nika thing could have been an emotional highlight, but with this it just fell so flat.
„I can‘t be free.“ - „Sure you can, just try, sis.“ - „Omg, thanks I‘m cured.“ Except it‘s not sarcastic.

There is no emotional, well-written storyline with a clear direction about Bonney throughout this arc. It seems Oda just throws shit on the wall and sees what sticks. He does seem to know what big points he wants to cover but he has no clue how to pack them in a well-told storyline. Way too many characters, way too overloaded, way too cluttered. The artwork too. It‘s so busy. Often I can‘t even tell what exactly is going on in the panels.

I fear for Elbaf and the final war. Oda just seems so tired and like he wants to get it over with. While at the same time stuffing in so many unnessecary elements. This arc would be so much better with a clear emotional focus on Vegapunk-Bonney-Kuma-Kizaru-Sentoumaru and their relationships to eachother.
Get rid of Lucci & Co, the giant robot, the Elbaf giants and the vice admirals, reduce the 6 Vegapunks to 3, only have one seraphim, and only Saturn instead of all 5 elders.
Less is more. Get rid of the filler and focus on strong, emotional storylines with a small cast of characters.
Oda is growing old and just recently did an eye surgery. He's been working for this manga for many decades and had minimal time with his family. I can understand him wanting to wrapping up things quick. If nothing else I at least sympathize with that aspect.

You can hate bots, you can hate activism, but saying those things made you hate people suffering in a middle of genocide is immature. Grow up.

Even if you can't help it at least don't say such things publicly and keep it to yourself. Its insensitive.

Double-page supporter
this is the kinda comment you make when you think the whole world revolves around you

Dex-chan lover

Exactly this! Look, I love One Piece. I follow it since 20 years and it's been a part of mx life but the Story would've been so much better if Oda wouldn't stuff his arcs so much. Take the Wano arc for example. It was great stuff but it was way too much of everything. Was there a need for the yakuza for example? Or the 9 Samurai to be 9? And all these sub sub plots with characters I barely even know. Yes, it makes the wolrd believeable but it stretches everything so much. Would've prefered this to be filler or spin ofs.

Dressrosa was even worse. Lots of interessting stuff happabed there but it went on for way too long.

That, said, I really enjoy Egghead. The only part I felt, was too long was Kuma's past but otherwise it's been ok for me.

His earlier art was also way better imo. He really tends to cram too much stuff into small panels. I know Bleach gets hate for its blank backgrounds, but honestly I prefer that over the cramped panels but thats subjective.

Aggregator gang
the-side-effects-of-being-too-close-to-gear-5-liffy-v0-ogh9iiox5uhb1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
You can hate bots, you can hate activism, but saying those things made you hate people suffering in a middle of genocide is immature. Grow up.

Even if you can't help it at least don't say such things publicly and keep it to yourself. Its insensitive.
they've been genociding each other for over a hundred years, fuck them for not being able to get over their dumb shit religious war and fuck anyone supporting either side from the comfort of their homes doing nothing but posting online about the retards killing each other for the last 100+ years. literally no one cared about them until covid hysteria and the ukraine support hysteria died down. fake ass virtue signaling shit heads that they all are.

Double-page supporter
God this is stupid.
Yet I can't stop reading, it's like watching a massive train wreck

Users who are viewing this thread