One Piece - Ch. 1120 - Atlas

Dex-chan lover
I really like this arc because it always felt fresh but Oda starts to drag the chapters quite a bit. He really has a habit and do that each arc right before the climax.

Dex-chan lover
It‘s honestly fascinating how Oda manages to cram so much into a single chapter without moving the plot forward at all. The last ~10 chapters could‘ve been done in 2-3 chapters and we all would‘ve been happier.
Who cares about Atlas? Seriously, what is this shit? This character is completely irrelevant and shouldn‘t even exist in the first place. Instead, we get an entire fucking chapter dedicated to her. Who cares about more panel time for the Strawhats anyway, am I right?

Oda should just bite the bullet and go bi-weekly. That way we get rid of those dreaded breaks every 2-3 chapters and it would force Oda to improve his pacing (if he wants to finish the story in this lifetime). Also, less work load for him. It‘s really a win-win situation.
Two chapters per month with more actual, relevant content, go!!

Dex-chan lover
It‘s honestly fascinating how Oda manages to cram so much into a single chapter without moving the plot forward at all. The last ~10 chapters could‘ve been done in 2-3 chapters and we all would‘ve been happier.
Who cares about Atlas? Seriously, what is this shit? This character is completely irrelevant and shouldn‘t even exist in the first place. Instead, we get an entire fucking chapter dedicated to her. Who cares about more panel time for the Strawhats anyway, am I right?

Oda should just bite the bullet and go bi-weekly. That way we get rid of those dreaded breaks every 2-3 chapters and it would force Oda to improve his pacing (if he wants to finish the story in this lifetime). Also, less work load for him. It‘s really a win-win situation.
I disagree with how you interpret exclusively for this chapter, atlas is always a plot mover tool just like other vegapunks since their first introduction. It's an arc to introduce that in one piece even with the most smartest brain people can still got trouble with communication. It's a hard thing to be skilled in this. One piece is always about this topic because it's one of the mc's (luffy) power. All of vegapunk is necessary to create a conflict between them even if it's only just one that is evil amongst them. It's an arc about them

For next topic, strawhat screen time is definitely important. What i notice is after time skip, oda is doing the storytelling in a world view problem. The challenge now is including the whole world, it's not only about them. That is the hardest part, everything needs to be properly told. After or in through of a mess of wano, oda and the production staff definitely notice that past storytelling style can't be happening anymore. Something needs to be cut. I agree that the quality is less than before.

Overall, i honestly love this chapter in comparison to two chapters before. Atlas, lilith, and vegapunk's last speech is conveyed properly. It is satisfying. The two chapters before especially about bonney become nika-like in appearance and conversation that stussy holds to kaku have an error in it. It's not leaving an impression to me. It's skippable. The joke was not funny too

And i support to your suggestion about biweekly too. One satisfying chapter is better than 2 overly cramped chapters i wish

Fed-Kun's army

Everything Vegapunk has yet uttered in the broadcast other than the fact that there was 200m rise in sea-level is all the stuff we as the reader already know but the actual Onepiece commoner doesn't have a flying shit, and the story has been going on for more than 25 years now with almost 2000 chapters. Let that sink in.

Dex-chan lover
Everything Vegapunk has yet uttered in the broadcast other than the fact that there was 200m rise in sea-level is all the stuff we as the reader already know but the actual Onepiece commoner doesn't have a flying shit, and the story has been going on for more than 25 years now with almost 2000 chapters. Let that sink in.
800 chapters off isn't almost 2000

Users who are viewing this thread