One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 120

Dex-chan lover
@Raido
Then why is the writting so slanted in the Filler?
maybe an editor is meddling?

@boag
One posted several pages he drew of the Superfight arc that Murata re-illustrated on his Twitter. The scenes of King interacting with Saitama after the Tournament were of a similar nature of the scenes involving Sweet Mask in this chapter. It's possible that ONE is still at the helm with the manga adaption and he just isn't meeting the standards of quality you expect of him dude.

I like this manga so much because Saitama doesn’t change. Other characters developed. bad guys become good. Good guys become bad. but Saitama never changes and always knows the right thing to do. Not corruptible by power.

He is all powerful with respect to defeating anyone.

But at the same time he stresses out with the same things a regular people stresses out with, like losing a wallet, breaking someone’s stuff and owing them money. Even Not being able to smash a pesky mosquito.

But he also appreciates things everyone does, like finding stuff on sale and especially FREE food.

that's a spicy chapter
saitama considers sweet mask and garou humans regardless of appearance because they retained their human sanity and morals

@NIB the monster association confirmed for sweet mask his worldview of an eventual war against intelligent monsterized humans and he probably considered garou as a tipping point if saitama hadn't intervened
his original values are genuine, but he's projecting his personal anxiety about staying human onto saitama and the hero business as a whole with the hero appearance schtick

Group Leader
basically sweet mask wants to turn saitama into All Might

the monsterization of humans is definitely happening on both sides though, both heroes and monsters. basically the main difference is whether they lose their humanity or not; sweet mask is the first one to transition from hero to monster, and when garou comes back I expect he'll be on the hero side

I wonder if all the powers come from the "god" that gave power to the homeless king dude. I hope that plot thread comes back soon

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan I would probably think that if they are monsterized while retaining their human form and sanity they'd be all through the rankings depending on their power and how well they can use it. Maybe a persons form changing for better or worse is totally dependant on their reasons to want power or their reason to try and obtain it. Saitama wants to save people, but he also wants to be a hero for fun. The thing giving out power probably thought "it ain't fun to lose, so lets make this guy the strongest"

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit shocked that he's actually a monster with a false human face.
I thought the creepy veins and burn looking flesh was from a monster attack during the monster association arc. I didn't realize it was his inhumanity peeking through.

Users who are viewing this thread