One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 149

Dex-chan lover
Funny how Mob Psycho 100 started out with a religious cult which was bad and now One Punch Man has a religious cult integrated into a new hero system which is bad

Makes you think
Japan has a bit of an issue with new-age cults. The rat race of Tokyo has left a lot of people with a lack of meaning in their lives, and the cults lure people in with the promises of filling that void in their lives. Cults like Aum Shinrikyo still loom large in the Japanese consciousness because of how devastating they were and are.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm curious to see how Darkshine development will be handled, his recovery from trauma, though I'm sure there's a metaphor in here I'm not really getting, because of all the time since Garou's arc.

Dex-chan lover
I love this line because there's a 50/50 chance that it was from WH40K or JJBA. That could've easily been uttered by a Primarch or Dio Brando.
From WH40K, although Dio did say something akin to it
~Dio Brando: JoJo, being a human means having limits. I've learned something... The more carefully you scheme, the more unexpected events come along. As long as you're human... I REJECT MY HUMANITY, JOJO!

~Magos Dominus Reditus: From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the Blessed Machine. Your kind cling to your flesh, as though it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass you call the temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved, for the Machine is immortal… Even in death I serve the Omnissiah.

Dex-chan lover
Really thought metal bat was going to have undergone cyborgification

Users who are viewing this thread