OneGarbageGal

Ma'am I just wanna say I really enjoy your translations and I cannot believe you're a one person team bruh. Your releases are super high quality imo and after sesame, reading Hana, I was like, man, I'm gonna have to follow this translation team! Also I love that you're working on one title at a time, it gives me a sense of anticipation for the next chapter knowing you're not abandoning it hfksbdnhc Anyways, you, are awesome, I genuinely always feel so excited everytime garbagegal gives an update. Keep up the awesome work!

Group Leader
@ntep_alt Seriously, thank you!! 😭 That’s so nice, you’re so nice. Can’t emphasize enough how much joy that brings me, for real for real.

Honestly, the reason I’m sticking to one at a time is because I hate when I find a good manga that’s completed in its OG language, but the group translating it never finishes it (even tho they’ll keep adding more first chapters of other manga 🥲). That feeling is the worst so I’d like to mitigate it for other people lmao

hey! Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your hard work in scanlating hana and sesame salt&pudding! they're currently my two faves and i'm so grateful! whenever I see an update on Hana!! keep up the good work and thank u for providing such quality content! 😭

Double-page supporter
You've only translated 2 series so far, but I can already tell you have crazy good taste

Also, I really appreciate how your translations aren't just literal, correct me if I'm wrong but you slightly tweak dialogue to make it flow better and be more relatable for an English reader. That's kinda rare, and in my opinion, a translation that sticks too religiously to the original language's jokes and conversation flow makes for a more confusing read. The quality of your scans is also really high and I appreciate it. Thanks for your efforts! You're probably one of my favorite translators on the site, I'll be following anything you translate in the future!

Group Leader
@lunaticstars Thank you so much!! It really makes me happy to hear that you like them both that much :’)

@Greyvenn Dudeeee thank you, that truly means so much to me I cannot even express it 😭❤️ And re: taste, I’m honored.

But yes, you’re absolutely right! I pretty much tweak every line of dialogue to make it flow better. I’m mostly concerned with keeping the essence of the dialogue rather than making sure I include all of the English equivalents of the original words, if that makes sense. That being said, honestly, I also add content, but it’s mostly for clarity’s sake/continuity purposes for English readers (although I’ve def added jokes that didn’t exist to begin with, but that’s a whole other discussion lol). Anyway, the Japanese have words that are similar to abstract filler words like “it, that, thing, situation” (etc) in English. If the literal translation was something like “the *situation* makes me sad,” I usually prefer to change it to “ the *insert actual contextual info about situation* makes me sad.” That might not be translating so much as writing style preference, but Japanese can sometimes be particularly vague so I personally like adding those details.

hellooooooo just dropping to say thankies for doing all these amazing solo work!! ♥♥♥ loving hana-san but im also super duper excited for island manager too omg. gotta follow garbage gal as a forever trash follower lolol ♥

Group Leader
@Fuyumu Thank youuu 💯🙏 I love/appreciate it. Island Manager is gonna be wayyyy more comedy-oriented than Hana, so I am hype. The chibi is *chef’s kiss*

Great job translating and your taste so far is impeccable

Can't wait for more Hana and the new one

I just wanted to say that your English translations are hands down the best I've come across!! I can tell you must have a very good knowledge of both Japanese and English to be able to translate so well, as I think you must use a lot more freedom in your translations than most people do, which has been really fun to read. Hana reads very much like it was originally written in English, not just translated from Japanese. Anyway, keep up the phenomenal work!! I can't believe you do everything yourself. You're like some kind of manga magician goddess!!! Thank you for all of your hard work!!

Group Leader
@Cursed_3 Thank you so, so much! ☺️💕 Don’t get me wrong, there are many trash manga that I don’t mind reading, but are too trash-level to sustain my interest in translating and whatnot lolz. That’s why ima only stick to manga I think are actually really good 💯

@lemonadefrog Seriously, thank youuu 😭 that is incredibly kind of you to say!! Genuinely brings me a warm fuzzy that Hana reads so well to you, because that’s my ultimate goal! 🥲

However, I’ll just be honest because I don’t wanna mislead anyone: I’m certainly not proficient in Japanese (I’ve only started self-studying it a little more than a year and a half ago), but have definitely gotten *much* better over the course of posting all these chapters. There are a lot of things I would tweak looking back at the first chapters of Sesame Salt, and Hana definitely follows the literal translation more accurately. The places I’m not 100% confident about in Japanese, I absolutely make up for with my proficiency in English hahaha. Also, I’ve mentioned this in other comments too, but I will add detail for clarity (and sometimes just for fun), which again is more English-oriented skill than Japanese 🙃

Thank you for translating and uploading such awesome mangas! Your translations are the best and I can't wait for more !
Again thank you so much!!!

Thank you sooo much for your hard work!!! You’re one of the best translators ever imo, as your translations has always been very good and the mangas you translate are all the kinds that i like. Just letting you know that your updates always make my day 💕

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you so much for your hard work! I randomly found Hana-san one day and felt like I hit the jackpot by finding a refreshing manga for the first time in a long time, and was simply euphoric to find out from your profile that Sesame was just the same ^^ Looking forward to any manga you decide to translate, I love your taste! Welcome to any recommendations you shoot our way~ <3

Group Leader
@lemonhime Thank you, it truly means a lot to me that you say so :') I hope you enjoy Island Manager too! I'm dedicating myself to this one completely before I start another one. It's so good.

@gigaprincess Thank you so much!! That's really one of my goals, I just wanna focus on manga that have unique premises and cool/interesting lead characters (at least relatively speaking lol). I also hope you enjoy this next one <3

Thank you for the translations! I found you on your first series and your work is high quality and consistent, I really appreciate it. The manga you translate probably would never see the light of day in English without you, but they’re just the kind I tend to enjoy. I hope you continue to be awesome for a long time to come!

Group Leader
@AlpacasAnonymous Thank you for saying that, I appreciate you! 😭💕 I will definitely continue for the foreseeable future, doing this stuff is a huge source of fun for me. Seriously, I’m glad you’re enjoying these manga as much as I am! (Also, I like your username)

Group Leader
I love sesame salt and pudding, and now knowing that i found the guy behind it; "I should say thanks a lot to you, thank you!"

Thank you so much for translating and sharing the stories with us! I've enjoyed all the stories you released, can't wait for more <3

Thank you so much for the translations!! The mangas are so good! Thanks to you I could enjoy them 😄😄

Users who are viewing this thread